Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2024, 3:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by cameramaker
ba.com completely down yet again for the third day on the trot.

Had a schedule change and the app doesn’t even show it’s changed, just the new time as if I’ve confirmed it (when I haven’t).

Absolute joke IT management!
Now up to four days in a row!

Error switches between "You don't have permission....." or "Your login details are incorrect" or the page does not load at all.

They must've fired all the interns.

Since I couldn't book online yesterday, I called in - after being told that they were real busy due to the weather (and not because their website doesn't work) - my call was answered within a few seconds. It then took the agent, who seemed quite experienced, almost 45 minutes to book a simple avios redemption due to various errors. Seems their internal systems are not working either.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by alexwuk
Not sure if this a BA.com issue or a Companion Voucher issue: but there are a couple of destinations where attempting to book two passengers in Business with avios & the premium companion voucher BA.com returns regular U class availability (I've checked Expertflyer with a UK Point of Sale and there are plenty of I class seats on BA operated services). The destinations I've seen this issue for are PHX and LAS, but selecting LAX works fine to access I class.

Is this a BA.com issue and if I call BA the phone agents will be able to book me into UK PoS I class seats, or is this an known but unpublished limitation of the Premium Amex companion voucher's ability to access I class?
Call in. I had the same issue for a JNB and a CPT flight
Old Jan 23, 2024, 4:01 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
I have tried to get in to MMB three times in the last 10 minutes, and got a completely different error message each time
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 4:10 am

Programs: BAEC GfL
Both Mrs Royalscot and I are getting this when we try to log in

Sorry

We regret to advise that this section of the site is temporarily unavailable.

Sean Doyle must be pulling his hair out as these frequent web site failures, lots of money no doubt going elsewhere
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 6:47 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Grrrr!

Struggling since last night to get into my account. All sorts of errors this one is the latest just now:
An error (502 Bad Gateway) has occurred in response to this request.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm trying to change an Avios booking by phone and the agent is "getting some system errors"....

So for a simple cabin change that was an agent trying for 28 minutes, failing and now sending it off to the back office. The cost of that must add up quickly...

Last edited by Swanhunter; Jan 23, 2024 at 6:58 am
Old Jan 23, 2024, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
I'm trying to change an Avios booking by phone and the agent is "getting some system errors"....

So for a simple cabin change that was an agent trying for 28 minutes, failing and now sending it off to the back office. The cost of that must add up quickly...
I had an agent take 45 min for a simple avios redemption (which I could have done on the website if it was working) also due to system errors. She sent it of to be manually ticketed and I still haven't got a confirmation email - 24 hours later.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 9:11 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
....aaaaaand, it's down again. Half way through a booking search. Same error on mobile/desktop and app won't refresh.

Pathetic.

tenn_ace, crazy8534 and JapesUK like this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 12:09 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by WeLoveSpace
I think you will still get the tax back if you call now but without them deducting a cancellation fee that they do before departure
I called, yes and got only the taxes refunded minus GBP 15 cancellation fee. I can't be bothered to complain. It was a non-refundable ticket.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
I am getting in on Edge and not on Chrome, might be worth a cookie clear etc.

Weirdly have just realised that I am using Edge much more than Chrome now, even at home....
And new look Teams....
I feel dirty....
Old Jan 23, 2024, 12:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
This must be costing an absolute bomb in missed bookings. I suspect there'll be considerable investment in IT in the near future...
Old Jan 23, 2024, 1:15 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Diamond, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Well at lest the site is up… barely

BAs IT takes a lot of stick but it’s absolutely deserved for this current farce, most of the day has been 403 errors.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by JapesUK
Well at lest the site is up… barely

BAs IT takes a lot of stick but it’s absolutely deserved for this current farce, most of the day has been 403 errors.
That looks like some resources haven't been loaded from the CDN. This could also explain 403 errors (e.g. required resource hasn't been loaded). I'd try to clear browser's cache/cookies and try again - that usually helps.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ILikePancakes
This must be costing an absolute bomb in missed bookings. I suspect there'll be considerable investment in IT in the near future...
Given how many times it's fallen over in the past what decade?! and here we still are, I'm not optimistic. I suspect barely enough for a sticking plaster and more money spent on making the front end even less functional, while rebranding it with a 'whole new look'.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 2:22 am

I got it to work perfectly by opening a new private/incognito window and changing the location to Switzerland (changed the gb in the address to ch).

The website was responding snappily (faster than I've ever seen!), and I was able to make a booking easily.

Opened a new window with gb as the location and the website stopped responding!
ExpatExp likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.