Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2024, 6:16 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Error 403 - You don't have enough permissions to proceed further
​​​​​​​On computer and app currently..
Old Jan 25, 2024, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
New Login routine today ... prompted to set up MFA ( SMS or Google Auth type thing)
It doesn't log you out after 5 minutes either ... when you set up the access you 'trust your computer' and it leaves you logged in for longer .. I think it always used to log you out far too quickly .. so this seems an improvement
Old Jan 25, 2024, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by A13
On computer and app currently..
Day one: I'm getting told i don't have permission to proceed in English and five other languages, for good measure. Irritating, but I'm somehow inured to the ways of BA. So....

Day two: ditto, and after switching browsers and clearing cookies I earn a variation on a theme: Our systems are not responding: please try later

I mean, do they realise they're losing business ?
Old Jan 25, 2024, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Yep, I'm off to try "another" UK-based airline. I've got to have a website I can search and find things through.

Not leaving BA, but expanding my horizons.

Life is an adventure

LcS
BA or bust and MaxFlyer like this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 11:46 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
With this chaos Ive decided that my next few trips are now with SkyTeam. It will help me to also broaden my horizons.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Even BA Holidays automated departure texts are now malfunctioning. "We attempted to text you this morning... but the text failed to deliver." Er, yes ... because I was in the air on the flight in the booking!

Old Jan 25, 2024, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
I’m trying to book 2 holidays packages, go through to a page for payment, but instead it returns me back to the initial screen. I thought there is some sort of cookies related issue on my iPad, so switched to a PC, but the issue persisted. Anyone else experienced similar issue?
Old Jan 25, 2024, 9:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I can't log in on the app today.
Deanog1976 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 12:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Ive just managed to log into the app having been unable to do so earlier this morning.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 2:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Can't check in to my flight, last night or this morning. The App shows it but won't let me click on the check-in banner. I think I checked in via mobile ba.com but have no idea as it didn't issue a BP.

It's getting worse, is end of days approaching for BA IT? Surely at some point everyone responsible gets sacked and they start again?
Old Jan 26, 2024, 2:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
Unable to book with BA, I've just booked my annual CW trip to Asia with Cathay.

To be honest, despite less tier points (direct ex-EU rather than via LHR for 80 more), I was likely to pick Cathay anyway as BA's prices for routes via HK are very expensive.

I'm also booking direct with JAL for my inter-Asia flights rather than using Avios as I can't be bothered fighting the IT systems for the three tickets I need.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Oh dear, 3 days in a row.

I have cleared cookies deleted history and not doing it again.
Attached Images  
HadesNL likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 3:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by bhbloke
Can't check in to my flight, last night or this morning. The App shows it but won't let me click on the check-in banner. I think I checked in via mobile ba.com but have no idea as it didn't issue a BP.
I can't get the check-in banner to respond, either.

I thought I'd resolved it by clicking the "Show and manage more flight details", and then "Show boarding pass", but I discovered (at the entrance to security) that the app had produced a boarding pass for a previous flight.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Misco60
I can't get the check-in banner to respond, either.

I thought I'd resolved it by clicking the "Show and manage more flight details", and then "Show boarding pass", but I discovered (at the entrance to security) that the app had produced a boarding pass for a previous flight.
I did it by logging in to BA.com (using Firefox, Chrome gives that weird error about permissions) and confirming I'd checked in and then emailing myself the BP.

I now have it, but christ, what a mess.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 5:47 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I'm able to log in today for the first time in a number days. Fancy that!

*Not that I'm going to book anything
adrianlondon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.