Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2024, 12:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: One World
Originally Posted by WVFM
Same here. Just booked AMS-LHR-DUB using Avios/Chase redemption voucher - no problem. Looking to book LHR-EDI with Avios and getting the "There was a problem with your request, please try again later" error message. Have tried using different Executive Club accounts but continue to get same error message.........very annoying!
Tried again today....initially same error message for LHR-EDI and LHR-EDI-LHR. Then tried to book the reverse (EDI-LHR and EDI-LHR-EDI) and no issues. Was thinking of just booking EDI-LHR now and hope that at a later stage the error for LHR-EDI would disappear. Tried it one more time booking for 3 people with one Chase redemption voucher and suddenly the system allowed a LHR-EDI r/t to be booked. Not sure what changed but guess trial and error might eventually result in a booking............

Last edited by WVFM; Jan 31, 2024 at 4:26 pm
Old Feb 1, 2024, 3:16 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
This one from today is a new one for me. Trying to manage a booking, and I get this error:

HadesNL likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 4:55 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Having real issues trying to pay for a held booking this morning,

Going into MMB have the following alert:

Your booking is on hold
This booking is not yet valid for travel. Please pay in full within 72 hours so that we can issue your ticket. If you don't, you will lose the amount you have already paid.
Pay and complete booking

Clicking on the link i just get a "Loading your flights" page which never comes back with anything...

And if i click through the email reminder to 'pay and complete booking' it opens up a page saying

"Your payment is in progress. Please don't refresh the page or click the back button."

which again goes nowhere...!?

Price expires in 12 hours. Is there a known glitch going on at the moment or should I call? Same issue on PC (chrome/edge) and App
pps197 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I am having the same problem - just stuck at "review your flithts" on all browsers, all devices ....
Old Feb 1, 2024, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I still can't get anywhere with loading my flight to complete payment. How do I get in touch with BA to complete the booking? Edit - after more than 2 hours of failing to be able to load the booking, I called customer service and was able to complete it that way (I was concerned I may not be able to reach anyone by phone, so I was happy with that).

Last edited by pps197; Feb 1, 2024 at 2:13 pm Reason: update
Old Feb 2, 2024, 2:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Looks like another day of random website outages

Old Feb 2, 2024, 3:44 am

BA website down [Feb 2 2024]

Is this just me or is the BA website completely unusable at the moment?

Last edited by golfmad; Feb 2, 2024 at 3:53 am Reason: Reduced image size
Old Feb 2, 2024, 3:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Working for me currently, though I'm sure it's luck of the draw knowing BA's IT.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 3:46 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC electrum
Originally Posted by monkeytennis
Is this just me or is the BA website completely unusable at the moment?
It's been like this for a couple of weeks. Lots of other threads on it.
Keep trying (and this increase the load on the site) and it usually comes back at some point, but outages have been up to 24 hours.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 5:15 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Earlier today I could not manage my account on ba.com. Instead the page flow was:
Front page, not logged in -> login page -> front page, logged in -> "manage my executive club" -> front page, not logged in.

However, it's better now - I can login and see my BAEC tier points, next flight, etc.

If this didn't work for you earlier, try it now.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 7:27 am

Programs: DL DM-2MM, BA Gold, A3 Gold, AF Plat
So...I have 3 android devices. The ba app on each gives constant error messages so much so that I decided to log off the app and log back in. But now each one gives a login error message...can't find my details. I can login fine on the web. I have deleted the apps and downloaded again and changed my passwords...nothing. Any suggestions? Tks
Old Feb 2, 2024, 8:23 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
My Android app hasn't worked for a few days now. I was 'logged in' but got continuous error messages and couldn't really do anything. Today I tried logging out and now I can't get back in, ha. Mobile website works OK most of the time.
ATLCDG likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 8:37 am

Programs: DL DM-2MM, BA Gold, A3 Gold, AF Plat
Originally Posted by AlexIG
My Android app hasn't worked for a few days now. I was 'logged in' but got continuous error messages and couldn't really do anything. Today I tried logging out and now I can't get back in, ha. Mobile website works OK most of the time.
exactly
Old Feb 2, 2024, 9:04 am

Programs: jetblue
Crazy British Airways Experience (ended well, I hope)

I used British Airways Avios to book a domestic flight on American Airlines last month for a trip in May. I did this because Chase points don't transfer and it was a lot fewer points that way.

I needed to change the date of my flight; the BA website actually made that easy to do. . . BUT

There is some kind of crazy glitch on their Executive Club website, even though you select the new date of your flight, when you hit enter it actually brings up the PREVIOUS date. I thought I had just screwed up, but I reproduced the error several times. If I selected the date AFTER the one I needed, it gave me the one I actually needed, nuts. I could have backed into it but I didn't want to pay a second change fee.

I was able to call BA this morning and their customer rep was very helpful (she may or may not have believed me), and they gave me the flight I need, no additional cost.

I do have to wait 7 business days to get the revised ticket, but fingers crossed.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 9:10 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Blue, Hilton Gold, Virgin Red
I've deleted the BA app from my phone. It just doesn't work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.