Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2024, 4:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Todays BA webgem.

(after interacting with the most inept chatbot I've ever come across), waiting to be connected to a chat agent on the website.

"Hang in there. You're number 13 in line."

<time ticks by>

"Hang in there.
You're number 14 in line."
Old Feb 28, 2024, 4:15 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
I wish BA saw fit to allow me to log in to my account and admire the "new ways of working*"

*by working I mean annoying their customers..
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 1:44 am

Is anyone else getting the High demand website message ?

Have tried both Safari and Chrome with the same result.

Clearing cookies and website data got me to the landing page but as soon as I attempted to log in I received a user not recognised error message followed by the high demand message.

This error has been around for several weeks now, the website will occasionally work for a few minutes but soon throws up the errors again.

Could I ask the other person who is using the BA site at the moment to log off please so I can log on thank you 😂

Very frustrating and impossible to research or book flights.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 5:05 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by flatlander
Currently the BAEC statements on britishairways.com are showing me 0 tier points for each flight listed, despite the TP total being what I expect including my most recent flights. I assume this is yet another failure mode.
I'm getting this too.
Sigh!
Old Feb 29, 2024, 8:41 am

Programs: *G | OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by camdentown
I'm getting this too.
Sigh!
+1 too.

Came lurking if anyone else experiencing the same - BA didnt disappoint
camdentown likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 8:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
I am unable to search or book reward flights from LON to GLA! Searches to other random destinations I have tried seem to work.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 9:12 am

Programs: BAGold
I would like to ask for help and advice because I am distraught and in a very frustrating situation.
A few days ago I received 2 cancellation emails from BA just two mins apart advising that two of my future reservations had just been cancelled online and the tax was being refunded to my Credit card.
The bookings cancelled were two of my back to backs meaning a loss of 360 tier points and around 14000 avios because they were booked before October 2023 under the old avios system.
I phoned the Gold line immediately and told them it was definitely not me who had cancelled these flights, but because it was cancelled online there's no way I can prove it wasn't me
About 2 hours before receiving the cancellation emails I had been on the phone to BA regarding another reservation and had to end the phone call due to a very rude agent with whom I did not feel comfortable at all, however I had given this agent my booking reference, there was an echo on the line and I did not like his telephone manner so I ended the call, I was not rude to this agent. I then waited a few mins and called again...and got through to the same agent and just put the phone down. After an hour I phoned again and spoke to a different employee who was helpful and professional and was able to help.

I was very shocked to receive these cancellation emails 2hours later, nobody else has access to my BA account apart from 3rd party nominee which is password protected anyway. I very much doubt that it's a system error which has caused the cancellations either, the whole thing is very suspicious. When I contacted BA the first time I was incorrectly told to fill in a Customer Relations claim because that was the only way the matter could be investigated. The following day Customer Relations informed me that they cannot help unless it's for 'post' travel issues. In desperation I then spoke to another agent who suggested that my account should be locked in order to protect my Avios points in case someone could manipulate the account further. I had already changed my password anyway but I agreed to have the account locked...but it never happened anyway which is very odd.

I have escalated the matter as far as I can, and what BA have offered me is just ridiculous ie they will honour one of the bookings and allow me to travel or get a full refund but not the second booking, which is just pointless as it's a nested back to back x 2 and the prices have now gone sky high. If I accept the full refund of one ticket and just the tax refund of the other one, I would lose 14000 avios and 360 tier points which is really upsetting as I probably won't be able to renew my Gold status.
I have tried my best to explain to BA, ie it's very suspicious that the 2 bookings were cancelled within 2 mins of each other, and secondly why would I cancel anyway...it would be like sabotaging my account it does not make any sense. If I ever want to discuss any of my reservations I always phone the Gold line anyway and if I had wanted to change the dates I would have asked someone if that was possible.
I have also expressed my concern to BA about the insecure nature of the 'Manage my booking' option on BA.com which is totally open to manipulation and is not password protected. You don't need to log in to your Executive Club account to cancel, you can just go to the homepage and all you need is the lead name and the 6 digit locator which is really shocking and is why I am convinced my 2 bookings have been cancelled by someone without my consent.
My head is all over the place at the moment, it's very stressful and I am not sure if I should go to CEDR or not.
Any advice is much appreciated
Thanks
Old Feb 29, 2024, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by firstlight
I get this too and have had no access to my account for 2 weeks now. I can work around bookings by direct entry via MMB but wanting to issue a partner card is now impossible.
Has anyone managed to get this fixed by complaining to a service agent by phone?
Data point, I was finally able to login to my exec account page to issue a partner card today. Maybe they were working through GGLs alphabetically.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The app now displays bookings. Woohoo!
Not tried the website.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 1:26 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Woohoo indeed- I now have bookings back on the app, and I can log in to my account online!

Mind you, looking at the dogs dinner of the screen, I wish I had not bothered..

At least it is now my choice whether I log in or not!!!
adrianlondon and KARFA like this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 5:27 am

Programs: BA Silver
Why does the web site ask me if it can save my passport information in my personal information for future use, do so, and then not use it in future booking?
BA or bust likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 6:58 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by freelance
Why does the web site ask me if it can save my passport information in my personal information for future use, do so, and then not use it in future booking?
The remember me on the login page (for your your email or exec club number) has also never worked for me.
binman and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 1:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Back in 1979, I was offered a Graduate Trainee post with BA (Computer department, or whatever it was called at the time).

I chose another company.

Basically, it's all my fault, really.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 5:35 am

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Achieved mild success amid 95% fails

BA.com was giving me all sorts of hard times. For months, I have been unable to get an Avios award to ticket without calling into BA, which turns into a 90 minute session...

But this week I achieved one success in booking, ONLINE, a one way Avios award on AA metal in business class with no phone help!!!!

So I didn't like the return flights, waited and now something decent appeared.

But alas it took me 3 different browser apps and private browsing to get logged in.

Got to the flight, and put in cc info, and ERROR... back to square one.

So called into Exec club. After 10 minutes on hold, noticed I had SPIRIT AIRLINES points which are virtually useless.

But was able to book a 4.5 hour nonstop for 13k Spirit points + $100 for exit row/checked bag/"close in booking fee"
Delta flight would have been $399. AA flight was best but gave up on waiting for BA service. '

BA.com is trash. Makes me sad. I do like putting in titles like Crown Prince and His Excellency for my titles though. Can't do that on Delta or Spirit AFAIK.

Anyway good luck to anyone using BA.

Bottom line: Have a SELF BOOKED ONLINE Avios Award on AA one way, and Spirit Award one way.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LosRodeos84
I would like to ask for help and advice because I am distraught and in a very frustrating situation.
A few days ago I received 2 cancellation emails from BA just two mins apart advising that two of my future reservations had just been cancelled online and the tax was being refunded to my Credit card.
The bookings cancelled were two of my back to backs meaning a loss of 360 tier points and around 14000 avios because they were booked before October 2023 under the old avios system.
I phoned the Gold line immediately and told them it was definitely not me who had cancelled these flights, but because it was cancelled online there's no way I can prove it wasn't me
About 2 hours before receiving the cancellation emails I had been on the phone to BA regarding another reservation and had to end the phone call due to a very rude agent with whom I did not feel comfortable at all, however I had given this agent my booking reference, there was an echo on the line and I did not like his telephone manner so I ended the call, I was not rude to this agent. I then waited a few mins and called again...and got through to the same agent and just put the phone down. After an hour I phoned again and spoke to a different employee who was helpful and professional and was able to help.

I was very shocked to receive these cancellation emails 2hours later, nobody else has access to my BA account apart from 3rd party nominee which is password protected anyway. I very much doubt that it's a system error which has caused the cancellations either, the whole thing is very suspicious. When I contacted BA the first time I was incorrectly told to fill in a Customer Relations claim because that was the only way the matter could be investigated. The following day Customer Relations informed me that they cannot help unless it's for 'post' travel issues. In desperation I then spoke to another agent who suggested that my account should be locked in order to protect my Avios points in case someone could manipulate the account further. I had already changed my password anyway but I agreed to have the account locked...but it never happened anyway which is very odd.

I have escalated the matter as far as I can, and what BA have offered me is just ridiculous ie they will honour one of the bookings and allow me to travel or get a full refund but not the second booking, which is just pointless as it's a nested back to back x 2 and the prices have now gone sky high. If I accept the full refund of one ticket and just the tax refund of the other one, I would lose 14000 avios and 360 tier points which is really upsetting as I probably won't be able to renew my Gold status.
I have tried my best to explain to BA, ie it's very suspicious that the 2 bookings were cancelled within 2 mins of each other, and secondly why would I cancel anyway...it would be like sabotaging my account it does not make any sense. If I ever want to discuss any of my reservations I always phone the Gold line anyway and if I had wanted to change the dates I would have asked someone if that was possible.
I have also expressed my concern to BA about the insecure nature of the 'Manage my booking' option on BA.com which is totally open to manipulation and is not password protected. You don't need to log in to your Executive Club account to cancel, you can just go to the homepage and all you need is the lead name and the 6 digit locator which is really shocking and is why I am convinced my 2 bookings have been cancelled by someone without my consent.
My head is all over the place at the moment, it's very stressful and I am not sure if I should go to CEDR or not.
Any advice is much appreciated
Thanks
Sorry you've gone through this, sounds like an absolute nightmare. I'm not in any way a tech/IT person but can't you insist BA check what IP address the cancellation was made by? That could point to the rogue agent or at least help to prove it wasn't you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.