Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2024, 11:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TeachAndTravel
I phoned up to make my booking but they were having issues too. The flights have been reserved but it’s had to be sent to the fares team for a manual fare calculation so I should be getting a call back at some point to confirm the amount I’ll need to pay. The guy on the phone said I should hear back within 24 hours so we’ll wait and see
It’s weird because it seems I can search for reward availability for US flights but not anything east of the UK
Old Jan 28, 2024, 1:58 am

Programs: BAEC GFL (Only took 30 years)
Error 403 - You don't have enough permissions to proceed further

Anyone else getting this when trying to access the BA Website?
Old Jan 28, 2024, 2:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Lots of people; check out the dedicated thread for this and many other ongoing issues.
adrianlondon likes this.

Last edited by Misco60; Jan 28, 2024 at 4:03 am Reason: Removed circular link following merging of threads.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 5:32 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
Originally Posted by Midships
Anyone else getting this when trying to access the BA Website?
I get this periodically. It’s almost always when using Safari on my Mac desktop. Rarely, if ever, happens on my mobile or iPad. It’s happens to me on both BA.com and the BA EC shopping portal.

Clearing the internet history, cookies etc seems to solve the problem for myself.

Last edited by GlasgowBlue; Jan 30, 2024 at 1:11 am
Old Jan 29, 2024, 2:02 am

I think this is to do with private relay on safari. I suspect it is actually a firewall error due to the way but is giving you the wrong message.

Works fine on chrome for me
Old Jan 29, 2024, 7:34 am
Original Member

Programs: One World
Originally Posted by oceanscape
this has been happening to me for 2 days now, but weirdly only when searching certain routes
Same here. Just booked AMS-LHR-DUB using Avios/Chase redemption voucher - no problem. Looking to book LHR-EDI with Avios and getting the "There was a problem with your request, please try again later" error message. Have tried using different Executive Club accounts but continue to get same error message.........very annoyingi just made an Avios booking online from AMS-LHR-DUB without any problems. I am now also trying to make a roundtrip LHR-EDI Avios booking for Jun 3-6 but the system says "There was a problem with your request, please try again later."?? I also tried my wife/daughters Executive Club accounts but continue to get the same error? Is there a technical problem or are there no Avios seats available between LHR-EDI? Please let me know? thank you!
Old Jan 29, 2024, 8:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
One annoying thing that keeps cropping up is the web site (and from comments about the app) changes the dates of travel if hitting the back-button or edit travel. For example, for some unknown reason if the initial search is for flights for 9-14 March, and you look at those dates then go back using the 'edit travel' option, it returns you to the search page - but both dates are now one day earlier.

Old Jan 29, 2024, 5:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, OnBusiness, Eurostar C.Blanche
Here’s a new one - at least for me - never seen this before since I have joined BAEC in 2012

I’m logged into BAEC, trying to retrieve a booking from my “upcoming flights” list - and then this happens…

HadesNL likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 12:30 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I had this one - log out and access your booking via MMB and your PNR. That workaround worked for me!

aks120
Old Jan 30, 2024, 1:46 am

Programs: BAEC GfL
Originally Posted by aks120
I had this one - log out and access your booking via MMB and your PNR. That workaround worked for me!

aks120
Thanks, this workaround also worked for me.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 3:32 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
In App digital boarding pass for flight today contained totally corrupted information but got me onto my flight successfully.

QR code successfully scanned me through security and through gate boarding scan although the written flight number, date of travel, route all incorrect and taken from a flight flown last week. The recorded seat assignment was correct.

Whatever was contained in the QR code was sufficient to get me on the flight.. Only noticed the garbage contained on the BP just before boarding.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 3:41 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
The funny thing is after using the s**tshow that is BA.com & the BA app for years it's such a shock to use one that just works!

I had to change an AS booking yesterday - went into MMB on their website, clicked 'change flight' then on a multi-sector itin was able to cancel one sector and change another, received immediate confirmation and credit for the difference to my (newly created) Alaska Airlines wallet and when I went into the app it immediately popped up 'your flights have changed' and showed all the new flights. Total time taken (including signing up for their mileage programme) was ~3 min!! Meanwhile with BA I'm lucky to even be able to get the details of a booking I've recently made unless I clear the app cache and sign back in again!
Old Jan 30, 2024, 3:43 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cwl
In App digital boarding pass for flight today contained totally corrupted information but got me onto my flight successfully.

QR code successfully scanned me through security and through gate boarding scan although the written flight number, date of travel, route all incorrect and taken from a flight flown last week. The recorded seat assignment was correct.

Whatever was contained in the QR code was sufficient to get me on the flight.. Only noticed the garbage contained on the BP just before boarding.
Yep I noticed the same last week - it had jumbled information between different flights in the booking. By default it was also showing a carousel of BPs so even when clicking on 'show BP' on PHX-LHR it was showing the outbound EDI-LHR until I swiped through to BP 3 of 3, absolutely appalling!
Old Jan 31, 2024, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Gold

This is a new one for me. Anyone getting similar?
SxMan likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 5:18 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by danmushman

This is a new one for me. Anyone getting similar?
Yes… a LOT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.