Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2024, 12:23 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprngli Connaisseur
Getting a strange error now when trying to log in. It's an error from edgesuite.net, which is some sort of service from Akamai.
Old May 22, 2024, 5:00 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
How shockingly bad is BA website. We've all gotten use to everyone and their granny's phone system telling us "we are experiencing high call volumes", but BA is the only one I regular get "we are experiencing high volume" on their website. There is no excuse for repeatedly having inadequate resources to service mundane website interactions.

Its just embarrassing, it's like an amateur having a wordpress set-up that has reached it's paid for capacity.
Old May 22, 2024, 7:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Im now intermittently getting the beta version of the new site. The flight search/booking flow is really dumbed down with the Flight Details button removed so you cant even see the aircraft type or selling class at any point until after you have actually made the booking. Unless I have somehow completely missed it.

Maybe their thinking is that the selling class is less relevant now that most bookings will accrue revenue based Avios, and as always aircraft type is not guaranteed. But this is still useful information, especially for economy tier points.

There is a feedback button so hopefully everyone can pipe up so they add it back in
Old May 22, 2024, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by BitterLemon
Im now intermittently getting the beta version of the new site. The flight search/booking flow is really dumbed down with the Flight Details button removed so you cant even see the aircraft type or selling class at any point until after you have actually made the booking. Unless I have somehow completely missed it.

Maybe their thinking is that the selling class is less relevant now that most bookings will accrue revenue based Avios, and as always aircraft type is not guaranteed. But this is still useful information, especially for economy tier points.

There is a feedback button so hopefully everyone can pipe up so they add it back in
I would love to pipe up, but I haven't managed to be able to get in for about five or six days now. I get some error on logon, get told it the site is experiencing high volumes (one would think this would be a good thing and expected) or it cannot find any flights or pretty much anything, and then reverts to one of the previous two. I hate to think what the call volumes are like!

rb211.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old May 27, 2024, 10:02 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Have priced up the following itinerary using the Flight/Hotel planning tool on the website

However, when I go to try and select Alternative Flights the page crashes...

I wanted to see if possible to change the MH1326 flight to the later MH1336 (KUL-TGG); so before booking i called the 03444930787 number to discuss/see what the fare difference might be but most worryingly the CS Agent wasn't able to select the domestic flights, let alone see alternatives!
- not able to book the domestic flights
- red flag on his system

So my question is... if i were to book on BA.com (i can get through to the final payment page); should I be worried that the domestic booking would not be valid?

Thank you
Old May 27, 2024, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC
Just accepted a POUG WT to WTP and now faced with both of the below (flight is 4 days away)

Am I getting bumped or is this a glitch?

Old May 27, 2024, 10:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BAeuro
Just accepted a POUG WT to WTP and now faced with both of the below (flight is 4 days away)

Am I getting bumped or is this a glitch?

I've had that happen to me where everything is greyed out. I turned up to the airport and all was normal.
Old May 27, 2024, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
App: Something Went Wrong

So, I have this issue with the BA App on my iPhone13 where Account Details shows "Something Went Wrong". This started after the recent update a week ago. Now I cannot bring up the Gold Card for lounge entry should that be needed; ordered a plastic one today. Anyone know what is going on here? I tried uninstalling, deleting data all the regular triage techniques.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
stewardo and flyercity like this.
Old May 27, 2024, 10:56 pm

This has been my account page for the past few weeks. Customer "service" keeps sending messages that they haven't forgotten about me while never addressing the problem.
Custime
Bluekjp and GeneralTalker1030 like this.
Old May 29, 2024, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
I have not been able to get to the BA.com web site on Safari for around a week and I refuse to clear history anymore. Incredibly this morning it all works! It look and feels like an older version of BA.com and my flights are all listed and manage my booking works.

But

This is BA..... it takes around 1 minute to log out. It just hangs doing nothing and after a while you are back on the home screen. Despite trying to work of 4 family accounts I take this compared to what I had before.
Old May 29, 2024, 4:52 am

Having a very painful ba.com day
I can log in successfully but when I want to go into an upcoming booking I keep being asked to enter my log in and password details, which aren't then accepted as the same page keep appearing.
So, I have to completely log-out, re-open my browser, and go into each booking separately using the booking code and my surname.

Is this connected to MFA?
Old May 29, 2024, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Just had a look at My eVouchers. The Booking Reference (which is correct for the first voucher) and Booking Date are showing the same values on all 3 used vouchers.

Old May 29, 2024, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by WickedStepMother
Just had a look at My eVouchers. The Booking Reference (which is correct for the first voucher) and Booking Date are showing the same values on all 3 used vouchers.

Yes, I've had this too - apparently it's an issue that has also carried over to Jokers (which are only visible to call centre agents). Has caused me a bit of grief today as the agent had to send in a request to the Revenue team to fix it.
Old May 29, 2024, 1:44 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
yes there is defintaley a bug there which has appeared recently. none of my used GUFs have a booking reference shown now - they used to do until about a few weeks ago which was useful to see which bookings each vouchers had been used for.
BA or bust and LCSinTexas like this.
Old May 30, 2024, 7:44 am

Got the same thing.
I was told there were no flights between JFK-LHR for any dates I put in!
Also could not log out...
BA or bust likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.