Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the LHR T5 Concorde Room (all day) and First Dining Room within the LHR T3 Galleries First lounge (after 18:30). Eligible passengers include BA First ticket holders, Premier and Concorde Room cardholders. The catering in both lounges is supplied by BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. In addition, there are a selection of bar snacks available, details found in post 8 or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menus) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Please see this thread which is now dedicated to food and drink at all none LHR Concorde Rooms and Bars
Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB - food and drink - 2017 thread

Also there is an archive of JFK CCR menus in post #14 of that thread which covers September 2015 to date.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I have to agree. This is the worst menu for a long time.
I wouldn't say so: I think last month was possibly even worse! The new starter sounds worse than the seafood tapas one, but the duck seems like an improvement over the lamb shoulder and the caramelised apple parfait can only be an improvement over the ghastly polenta cake.

My main complaints are 1) that I miss having a proper fish course: pasta with some fishy filling is not a fish course by my taste, and surely we could have a fish course AND a pasta course alternative and 2) that we continue with a long list of "unprepared" starters which could just be out of Tesco/ASDA/Waitrose plastic tubs or off a buffet table (in which case you might as well offer just that instead of pretending to do some plating) and I do not like that.

On a more minor note, I still wish the cheese would change more frequently. Why not change one of them each month (so month 1, you'd have ABC, month 2: BCD, month 3: CDE, etc). Each cheese would stay 3 months but at least there would be minimal variation each time.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I wouldn't say so: I think last month was possibly even worse! The new starter sounds worse than the seafood tapas one, but the duck seems like an improvement over the lamb shoulder and the caramelised apple parfait can only be an improvement over the ghastly polenta cake.
It may seem like an improvement on paper, but duck is very sensitive to over cooking, more so than lamb or beef, so I suspect we'll see a lot of complaints.

The menus recently scream of cost cutting. This is BA's flagship lounge, for its most premium customers, in it's home base. Quality should be higher.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
The menus recently scream of cost cutting.
Ah, but weren't we in line for an amazing, unbelievable uplift in the flagship product in October, recognising the cost cutting had gone too far? I suppose that will happen around the same time I get my hot meals back on the short haul cabins

Not really much more to add to orbitmic's analysis. It's spot on. And disappointing.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
CCR JFK October menu

salmon appetizer

the usual bread

duck. Asked for well done and got well done

Steak. medium rare.

fluffy passionfruit custard
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Do we not have pics yet?

I'm about to have the mezze, duck and pasta. Shall I take pics?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1979
Do we not have pics yet?

I'm about to have the mezze, duck and pasta. Shall I take pics?
I have a pic of the duck, it is already in the guide!

No pics of the other new things yet, so mezze, Yorkshire Blue cheese salad, caramelised apple parfair, and from the lounge menu the chicken jalfrezi. Do you think you can manage all of them in one sitting?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard

Mezze dull. Duck very good.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:12 am

AnaTravel likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by El_Duderito
CCR JFK October menu
This menu is the September menu, and your previous post was moved to this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...17-thread.html
orbitmic likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:52 am

Are the floors in the toilets new???
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:55 am

Mezze looks every bit as underwhelming as I had feared. Thanks for posting, Chris1979. Maybe they think the comedy tableware distracts from the taste?

I once has Mezze on a BA F flight followed the next day by Mezze on Qatar Airways. The difference in presentation and taste was like hell and heaven. If there is ever somewhere to post the contrasting images I'll dig the photos out.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by AnaTravel
Mezze looks every bit as underwhelming as I had feared. Thanks for posting, Chris1979. Maybe they think the comedy tableware distracts from the taste?

I once has Mezze on a BA F flight followed the next day by Mezze on Qatar Airways. The difference in presentation and taste was like hell and heaven. If there is ever somewhere to post the contrasting images I'll dig the photos out.

rossmacd and AnaTravel like this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by AnaTravel

Agree. The new QR mezze is very good and yes, interesting that one carrier's mezze on board is far superior to another's flagship lounge.

The duck is very good though. I shall have more of it on Monday ;-)
rossmacd and AnaTravel like this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:33 am

British Airways Mezze served on F several years ago above.

Qatar Airways F (Regional) Mezze above.

Chris1979, my heart sank at the mention of Mezze in the CCR as I have had it on a BA F flight a few years ago. I never made that menu mistake again. In the CCR BA have stretched the meaning of Mezze to a bare minimum.

It is worth noting that the above pics compare the Mezze on a BA F flight and a Qatar Airways F (regional). The quality and presentation beats British Airways by miles although one is effectively J class.

Last edited by AnaTravel; Oct 5, 2018 at 10:40 am
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:40 am

I'm sure the QR mezze will no doubt be classed as "bland"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.