Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the LHR T5 Concorde Room (all day) and First Dining Room within the LHR T3 Galleries First lounge (after 18:30). Eligible passengers include BA First ticket holders, Premier and Concorde Room cardholders. The catering in both lounges is supplied by BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. In addition, there are a selection of bar snacks available, details found in post 8 or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menus) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Please see this thread which is now dedicated to food and drink at all none LHR Concorde Rooms and Bars
Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB - food and drink - 2017 thread

Also there is an archive of JFK CCR menus in post #14 of that thread which covers September 2015 to date.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by madfish

The gravy comes in a little pot so you can pour it yourself. As I said previously, there was a shortage of broccoli yesterday. As for the comment about the meat, then I suggest you try it. As we all know, CCRbportions are relatively small, but there is nothing stopping you from having a second portion or another dish.
Ah, I misread. I thought there was a shortage of gravy AND broccoli. I don't eat meat but my husband does. The portion size isn't the issue. It simply looks a bit tragic. Maybe it tastes much better? Thanks for the additional lamb shank pic. With gravy.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by AnaTravel
Ah, I misread. I thought there was a shortage of gravy AND broccoli. I don't eat meat but my husband does. The portion size isn't the issue. It simply looks a bit tragic. Maybe it tastes much better? Thanks for the additional lamb shank pic. With gravy.
It isn’t a lamb shank picture... it’s the beef.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

Indeed, the Sunday roast has been the beef since its introduction (PS: the photo has been in the wiki since the dish was introduced too. I had it on day 1 and still have it whenever I am in the CCR on a Sunday. I personally think it is one of the better CCR dishes!)
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:34 am

It looked like a lamb shank in that second pic. I'm aware it is beef on the normal Sunday Lunch menu. Thanks.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
It looked like a lamb shank in that second pic. I'm aware it is beef on the normal Sunday Lunch menu. Thanks.
Have you tried it?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:46 am

No, Karfa, I don't eat meat but told my husband that the Sunday lunch was highly recommended on FT. He will try it.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
No, Karfa, I don't eat meat but told my husband that the Sunday lunch was highly recommended on FT. He will try it.
Depending on the sort of meat he likes, I think you can also recommend the current duck confit. Whilst the "pressed lamb shoulder" of the last two month was - in my mind - pretty unconvincing, this month's duck confit is quite good. They managed to avoid it being overly salty (one of the typical dangers of duck confit), and while the puree beneath is pretty non-descript, the black lentils are very good, and today, mine came with a nice handful of girolles which the staff member taking care of me today (and many times over the past few years) rightly predicted I was going to like. I'll be happy with that dish staying another month, though looking forward to an actual fish dish returning. The tortellini make for a nice starter but a fish dish they ain't...
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Depending on the sort of meat he likes, I think you can also recommend the current duck confit. Whilst the "pressed lamb shoulder" of the last two month was - in my mind - pretty unconvincing, this month's duck confit is quite good. They managed to avoid it being overly salty (one of the typical dangers of duck confit), and while the puree beneath is pretty non-descript, the black lentils are very good, and today, mine came with a nice handful of girolles which the staff member taking care of me today (and many times over the past few years) rightly predicted I was going to like. I'll be happy with that dish staying another month, though looking forward to an actual fish dish returning. The tortellini make for a nice starter but a fish dish they ain't...
Agreed ^
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
We need a fish dish and a pasta dish and a meat dish

The roast is not a roast. Not in any traditional sense of Sunday roast. It looks like a lamb shank because it is, as best as I can make out, beef ribs either braised or slow roasted on the bone, then extracted and re-heated, with gravy then poured over it. So the meat is off a bone and nothing like roast beef, which would be a round roast pink in the middle, sliced to your desired thickness etc etc ...

It's beef, adapted to the capabilities of the kitchen in the CCR. I quite like it. I cook this sort of thing often, beef shin meat, lamb & venison & boar shanks etc etc, and I think if you're going to do this sort of thing it would be better to drop the pretense that it is related in any way to a traditional Sunday Roast and just serve the meat in a nice gravy, Beef Burgundy style.

The problem with this sort of cooking is that you have to cook the meat for so long that you've pushed most of liquid out of it: it's very dry. If it's in a bath of gravy, no harm no foul. This prep, not so bad. The pressed lamb is just really really dry and most folks may not be too happy to pull it apart again so they can properly smother it. It's a bit of a faff.

Again, with the right expectation in mind, it's not a bad meal in my view. The duck is better and girolles a great touch, reminds me of a great starter at St John Restaurant.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:23 pm

Orbitmic, he loves duck confit. Girolles we both like a lot. Luckily, we can pick chanterelles where we live as our supermarket and shops don't stock them. My husband is very fussy about quality of meat.

MarkedMan, beef on the bone is a great way of cooking. We do this at home. The pic (kindly posted by Orbitmic) looked like a CCR attempt at a lamp shank to me. ScandinavianTravellers (kindly posted) pic looked more like beef roasted on the bone. Albeit - a bit tragic looking.

I agree that a fish course and a pasta (vegetarian option please) should be a constant offering. At home we use all of the cuts and varieties you mentioned. Shoulder and neck of lamb make great stews.

"It's beef, adapted to the capabilities of the kitchen in the CCR"

The above point is a critical one and should be taken into account by visitors. The trouble is that many visitors don't know this as the menu doesn't suggest it. There is a gap between reality and expectation that BA should attempt to bridge.

Does anyone remember the series Frasier? The episode where the two brothers attended an exclusive spa with increasing levels of exclusivity and status? When first experienced the spa seems blissful - until they notice a new door to a better level. They paid to acquire various new levels. Finally, they ended up in the street as the promises couldn't be fulfilled when entering each new door level. Flying status can be a bit like that. I try to keep expectations realistic but draw the line when needed.
SW7London likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum

The Kosher Green Thai chicken curry is a relatively new dish in the CCR in the evenings.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by tedcruz
The Kosher Green Thai chicken curry is a relatively new dish in the CCR in the evenings.
Wow, I think all I can say to that is 'lol'!
orbitmic and tedcruz like this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Wow, I think all I can say to that is 'lol'!
Don’t laugh. They have about 6 options for Kosher which is more than LY provide over in the King David Lounge in T4. The good thing about eating Kosher is that you always walk on a plane sober as you can’t drink the champagne and wine in the lounge.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:08 pm

The good thing about eating Kosher is that you always walk on a plane sober as you can’t drink the champagne and wine in the lounge.
Well depends how strictly kosher you are. Besides, you can have plenty of the whisky!
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
The good thing about eating Kosher is that you always walk on a plane sober as you can’t drink the champagne and wine in the lounge.
Hmmm. There are a few cocktails available in the CCR which can be made strictly kosher (ask for Cosmopolitan or Bloody Mary made with Grey Goose instead of Ciroc Vodka). Enough to send you spinning on the way to the plane!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.