Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the LHR T5 Concorde Room (all day) and First Dining Room within the LHR T3 Galleries First lounge (after 18:30). Eligible passengers include BA First ticket holders, Premier and Concorde Room cardholders. The catering in both lounges is supplied by BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. In addition, there are a selection of bar snacks available, details found in post 8 or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menus) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Please see this thread which is now dedicated to food and drink at all none LHR Concorde Rooms and Bars
Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB - food and drink - 2017 thread

Also there is an archive of JFK CCR menus in post #14 of that thread which covers September 2015 to date.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:19 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by madfish
I did send Karfa pictures of all three on Monday but he appears to have overlooked them.
Dear madfish

We appreciate that you took the time to submit photos for the CCR photo guide. After reviewing your submitted photos, we have decided that they did not meet the required quality threshold this time, and therefore they were not used. We received photos from many people.and the quality of submissions was of a very high standard so please do not feel disheartened.

All of us at the CCR menu photo guide team appreciate your continued interest in the CCR photo guide. Please do submit photos again in the future. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Regards,

KARFA
on behalf of the CCR menu photo guide team

Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
It’s been a few months since I’ve been in the CCR (back next week) but it’s my parents first experience this weekend - will they be able to see the lounge menu in the restaurant area ? Will they need to ask or is it in same booklet ? I can’t remember as I’m normally just there for breakfast so don’t even think about it but want to make sure they are set up with best options.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Chris9642
It’s been a few months since I’ve been in the CCR (back next week) but it’s my parents first experience this weekend - will they be able to see the lounge menu in the restaurant area ? Will they need to ask or is it in same booklet ? I can’t remember as I’m normally just there for breakfast so don’t even think about it but want to make sure they are set up with best options.
The servers usually only hand people the larger dining menu in the dining booth area but they can ask for the smaller lounge menu as well - they are two separate menus. The high tables in the middle of the lounge usually have both dining menus and lounge menus on them. Typically the lounge menu is distributed elsewhere in the seating areas. As you probably know, you can order anything of either menu wherever you are sat.

The current menus for December are posted a few posts up and I am about to add a few photos to the photo guides linked to in the wiki.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by madfish

Not normally a big eater of goats cheese but I quite liked the starter. The pulled beef was ok. However, the pudding was excellent (and even better with a scoop of ice cream).

I did send Karfa pictures of all three on Monday but he appears to have overlooked them. or he doesn’t think much of my photograph skills.
im a bit more critical than you. Didn’t try the beetroot as I took the cauliflower salad as starter. Nice but both my and my partner’s had very little cauliflower on and not much yoghurt dressing on (hers had more thankfully!). I found the pulled beef mediocre and it was lukewarm with the onion rings quite oily. Charlotte was nice but not in any way a Charlotte, more like a summer pudding. Ours had cream on and not ice cream (sadly!)
Old Dec 5, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
Very glad I was able to get some pictures into the December menu. The CCR staff didn't bat an eyelid when I ordered a mix of dishes off both menus and were very attentive and wanted to know how my strange meal was going.

Doing a bit of travel again for a couple of months so will help where I can.
Currently up in Shetlands in a hotel where the style is distinctly different to CCR!
KARFA likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:28 am

Can anyone confirm if the current December breakfast dining/lounge menus are the same as those in post 1? Many thanks
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Can anyone confirm if the current December breakfast dining/lounge menus are the same as those in post 1? Many thanks
the breakfast menu is in post 1. The current dining/lounge menus are posted a few posts up and also in the photo guides linked to in the wiki.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by KARFA

the breakfast menu is in post 1. The current dining/lounge menus are posted a few posts up and also in the photo guides linked to in the wiki.
Thanks KARFA, I was confused as that post was nearly a year ago now, and I thought the menu might have changed in this time.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:35 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Thanks KARFA, I was confused as that post was nearly a year ago now, and I thought the menu might have changed in this time.
It's one of my pet peeves. It never changes. It did once when they introduced the concorde and California benedicts as opposed to the previous regular egg benedict etc but nothing since. As someone who has quite a few morning flights, I just don't understand why the CCR catering team is not making an effort to bring in a bit of regular change each month. What about having at least one sweet and one savoury items changing every other month as for the rest of the day menu - shakshuka, steak and eggs, crab cake (or if they are feeling wild lobster!) benedict, kedgeree, etc and then a range of rotating crepes/pancakes/waffles with various sweet or fruity fillings. They could also vary one of the cold dishes (muesli, chia seed pudding, granola, etc)

They could still keep a few "staples" like the full English, boiled eggs and soldiers, and scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and the California benedict which is useful for vegans as well as the classic cold dishes, but one item in each category rotating would be appreciated by many of us who visit the place regularly.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
It's one of my pet peeves. It never changes. It did once when they introduced the concorde and California benedicts as opposed to the previous regular egg benedict etc but nothing since. As someone who has quite a few morning flights, I just don't understand why the CCR catering team is not making an effort to bring in a bit of regular change each month. What about having at least one sweet and one savoury items changing every other month as for the rest of the day menu - shakshuka, steak and eggs, crab cake (or if they are feeling wild lobster!) benedict, kedgeree, etc and then a range of rotating crepes/pancakes/waffles with various sweet or fruity fillings. They could also vary one of the cold dishes (muesli, chia seed pudding, granola, etc)

They could still keep a few "staples" like the full English, boiled eggs and soldiers, and scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and the California benedict which is useful for vegans as well as the classic cold dishes, but one item in each category rotating would be appreciated by many of us who visit the place regularly.
Oddly I am at the other end of the spectrum. I have the same thing every time for breakfast and I really prefer the menu remained the same. It took me several months to get over the trauma last time they changed the breakfast menu a few years ago and removed the traditional eggs benedict with the more "trendy" versions!
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, I don't know what it is about a UK/English mindset (even though I'm something of an ethnic mongrel) but I'm totally conservative on breakfasts, I want certainty of the classic Anglo-American items at that time of the day, I'm not one for dim sum breakfasts. The rest of the day is different - I'm very happy to experiment, but the CCR breakfasts are exactly where they should be.
Tobias-UK and KARFA like this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:58 am

Fair enough, we'll agree to disagree. Note that with my suggestion, most of the key items like the full English, scrambled eggs and boiled eggs as well as the yoghurt, cereal, and fruit salad would remain and only one sweet, one savoury, and one cold item would rotate, ie 3 items out of 17 or 17.6% whilst the other 14 would remain the same, so we are not actually talking about complete changes as with the rest of the day menu. In that sense, I don't really see such a marginal element of change as really impeding the preference for stability that KARFA and cws share, just giving a token of variety to the rest of us who like something else.

That said, I am indeed sure that quite a few people might prefer to have all of the same thing all the time on the menu (for that matter, that would be exactly true of the rest of the day as well, there have been studies showing that about 30% of people who buy lunch in the UK will literally buy the same thing every day! I am just not one of them for any meal and am a great believer in some variety).
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 6:46 am

I would have appreciated a couple of new items on the menu, whilst keeping the old favourites.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:27 am

Thanks to PleasureFlyer for the latest CCR menu and CWS for the Lounge Menu. It seems to me that they have tried to accommodate vegetarians and that is appreciated. There are some items I like. Maybe they are listening? I know that a considerable amount of people enjoy non-meat dishes in 2018. My only reservation is that the menus should have been expanded to include vegetarians - not forced others into having only those choices. It's a balance that should not err on the side of cost savings but a better provision overall. Same with breakfast. Why not offer a few more alternatives to the classic English Breakfast? Add a bit of vibrancy and choice.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Pulled beef option

will post ASAP. Won’t seem to do it from my phone, but also, will be 2019 before I can so probably no point anyway. Haha

Last edited by Kip64; Dec 23, 2018 at 12:20 pm Reason: photo won’t upload

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.