FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
View Single Post
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:41 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
It's one of my pet peeves. It never changes. It did once when they introduced the concorde and California benedicts as opposed to the previous regular egg benedict etc but nothing since. As someone who has quite a few morning flights, I just don't understand why the CCR catering team is not making an effort to bring in a bit of regular change each month. What about having at least one sweet and one savoury items changing every other month as for the rest of the day menu - shakshuka, steak and eggs, crab cake (or if they are feeling wild lobster!) benedict, kedgeree, etc and then a range of rotating crepes/pancakes/waffles with various sweet or fruity fillings. They could also vary one of the cold dishes (muesli, chia seed pudding, granola, etc)

They could still keep a few "staples" like the full English, boiled eggs and soldiers, and scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and the California benedict which is useful for vegans as well as the classic cold dishes, but one item in each category rotating would be appreciated by many of us who visit the place regularly.
Oddly I am at the other end of the spectrum. I have the same thing every time for breakfast and I really prefer the menu remained the same. It took me several months to get over the trauma last time they changed the breakfast menu a few years ago and removed the traditional eggs benedict with the more "trendy" versions!