Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the LHR T5 Concorde Room (all day) and First Dining Room within the LHR T3 Galleries First lounge (after 18:30). Eligible passengers include BA First ticket holders, Premier and Concorde Room cardholders. The catering in both lounges is supplied by BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. In addition, there are a selection of bar snacks available, details found in post 8 or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menus) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Please see this thread which is now dedicated to food and drink at all none LHR Concorde Rooms and Bars
Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB - food and drink - 2017 thread

Also there is an archive of JFK CCR menus in post #14 of that thread which covers September 2015 to date.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AnaTravel
I didn't claim it was a British Airways quote, did I? Not only that, I supplied the link showing the source. What I m saying, whether you know it or not, is that afternoon tea is supplied by British Airways in the CCR, on request. I didn't say it was on the menu, did I? Does that mean, according to your logic, that British Airways caterers have no responsibility for what they serve, if an item is shared across food outlets? Why do I care, as a customer, where the scone was sourced from? All i care about is that it is fresh and edible.

Does that mean the caterers should deliver stale food in the CCR? Of course not. Your arguments are pedantic on this issue. Why? I don't agree that the CCR offerings across the board are better now. I think the food is mediocre and the entire concept doesn't meet the needs of modern travellers. Mediocre, I expect with British Airways First Class. Stale food, no. I can agree to differ on opinion here. Can you?
apologies if i wasn't clear. i was replying to your comment that "Afternoon tea is also advertised as being part of he CCR offering". however as noted you can ask them to provide it, and actually you can ask for quite a few off-menu items which they will endeavour to provide to you. whilst i don't often ask for items from GF as i usually happy with the items on the menus, i do know quite a few regulars who do that and it has been mentioned on this thread a few times over the years.

i did try separate the issue of the standard of what was served from what was officially offered in the ccr, but perhaps i didn't express myself as well as i should have. just to be clear, is it acceptable stale food was served to you a year ago? no and i hope nothing i have said has suggested it should be. i have't experienced that myself but i agree i wouldn't be pleased if it had happened to me.

on a wider issue of what the lounge offers, you are right we do have a difference of opinion. to be fair i just expressed mine once in reply to your posts that i thought the new furniture was quite nice and i thought the changes to layout of the terrace were an improvement, i haven't wanted to argue with you or say you are wrong, just to politely and in a friendly way express my opinion as you have expressed yours. it would be quite boring if we all had the same opinions i am happy to agree to disagree. it is interesting to note that when the new furniture came initially and a few photos were posted there were quite a lot of comments about how terrible it was, but since folks have had a chance to see it there was fairly quickly some softening of that criticism.

i am not sure whether i am a modern traveler or not, but certainly the CCR meets my needs when i use it. i think rossmacd's post yesterday is relatively close to my point of view too, so i won't repeat it. i have enjoyed both the food & drink and also the service over the last few years since i have had a ccr card. in terms of service failures there are very few i can remember, but i am not suggesting if you have experienced a service failure it should be acceptable.

btw i am looking forward to rossmacd's report next Monday, am almost tempted to try asking myself on Sunday afternoon too

Originally Posted by Rubecula
Any scone which was fresh when this discussion started would be stale by now.
lol, i was thinking of adding something to my post along those lines. it's been an interesting discussion which i have mostly read rather that actively posted and engaged in, and i am happy to step back from it. i am not sure i have much more to say on it anyway
rossmacd, Tobias-UK and Ned1968 like this.

Last edited by KARFA; Sep 10, 2018 at 7:40 am
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by madfish

And considering that the scone is questions was served over a year ago...
Really? I'd missed that nugget of info somewhere. Why have we even been discussing this in 2018?
Reemondo likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
Really? I'd missed that nugget of info somewhere. Why have we even been discussing this in 2018?
As this is an off thread response I had to nip out to find it, but we aim to please.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29894169-post14.html

golfmad likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
but again I think it is not a 'fair' point of comparison
This was exactly the point I was trying to make, especially when you compare the size of the BA F network and the density of F seats per aircraft (and more customers if you add in the number of CCR cardholders), providing gourmet restaurant facilities in the CCRs is just not practicable for the numbers of customers it has to satisfy.

So it basically looks like we are in agreement
orbitmic likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:03 pm

Karfa, I appreciate that some people like the food in the CCR. I was there last there quite recently and the food simply does not appeal to me. My husband feels the same way. Every year it seems to slip a notch or two down. From speaking to other passengers, they would like imaginative salads and lighter dishes on the restaurant menu. A poster above made a good point about the availability of fish choices. I'm not suggesting depriving anyone of Sunday roasts or multiple courses.

One thing I do like (on a more positive note) is that the CCR is comfortable and not too large. I am not suggesting other airline's flagship lounges are perfect. Al Safwa's food is as mediocre as British Airways CCR, in my view. Although in flight, Qatar offers better quality. To sum up, I'd like lighter offerings and snacks to be available in the CCR and in-flight. If they could drop the frozen supermarket vegetarian sausages, that would be nice too. The toasted scones - save those for the rush of FT forum requests to follow
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KARFA
Apparently some pianist is coming in during August to play it, but unfortunately I didn't catch who it was or when it will be exactly.
Indeed that has now happened, this afternoon is the first day of the professional pianist being deployed (which took a bit of doing since of course no-one told the lounge agents anything about this). I have heard it being used by CCR passengers before today, mind. Only just audible in the Board Room.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Indeed that has now happened, this afternoon is the first day of the professional pianist being deployed (which took a bit of doing since of course no-one told the lounge agents anything about this). I have heard it being used by CCR passengers before today, mind. Only just audible in the Board Room.
There was someone playing when I was in yesterday afternoon. No idea it is was a passenger or professional, he did seem to be pretty good though.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KARFA
There was someone playing when I was in yesterday afternoon. No idea it is was a passenger or professional, he did seem to be pretty good though.
Further enquiries suggests he was here yesterday too, there is just one pianist lined up for this (hope he doesn't have the same hassle getting in every day!), they had a young lady in a few weeks ago, but I think they have settled on this particular artist for the time being. He comes courtesy of an agency assigned for this task.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I have just been informed about something that might be coming to CCR. The photo is a clue...
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Further enquiries suggests he was here yesterday too, there is just one pianist lined up for this (hope he doesn't have the same hassle getting in every day!), they had a young lady in a few weeks ago, but I think they have settled on this particular artist for the time being. He comes courtesy of an agency assigned for this task.
A male pianist was playing in the early evening of 13 September. He wasn’t a passenger.

Doc Copper
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I have just been informed about something that might be coming to CCR. The photo is a clue...
Why would Franco Manca want to be part of the BA CCR offering?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Why would Franco Manca want to be part of the BA CCR offering?
wishful thinking
rossmacd likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Glasses of water...?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:50 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
No pianist today - my thoughts on the pepper starter - quite tasty but way way too much filling! I dug it out in the end.

aks120

KARFA likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Pianist for me on the 21st afternoon .
And I enjoyed the peppers and luved all the filling. Haha
aks120 and KARFA like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.