FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:23 pm
AnaTravel

Orbitmic, he loves duck confit. Girolles we both like a lot. Luckily, we can pick chanterelles where we live as our supermarket and shops don't stock them. My husband is very fussy about quality of meat.

MarkedMan, beef on the bone is a great way of cooking. We do this at home. The pic (kindly posted by Orbitmic) looked like a CCR attempt at a lamp shank to me. ScandinavianTravellers (kindly posted) pic looked more like beef roasted on the bone. Albeit - a bit tragic looking.

I agree that a fish course and a pasta (vegetarian option please) should be a constant offering. At home we use all of the cuts and varieties you mentioned. Shoulder and neck of lamb make great stews.

"It's beef, adapted to the capabilities of the kitchen in the CCR"

The above point is a critical one and should be taken into account by visitors. The trouble is that many visitors don't know this as the menu doesn't suggest it. There is a gap between reality and expectation that BA should attempt to bridge.

Does anyone remember the series Frasier? The episode where the two brothers attended an exclusive spa with increasing levels of exclusivity and status? When first experienced the spa seems blissful - until they notice a new door to a better level. They paid to acquire various new levels. Finally, they ended up in the street as the promises couldn't be fulfilled when entering each new door level. Flying status can be a bit like that. I try to keep expectations realistic but draw the line when needed.