Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Quick question for the collective expertise of the forum- I note the wiki mentions that BAEC ≥Gold members (Oneworld Emerald) mentions that at LGW the premium security lane is included. I'm a Qantas Platinum (Emerald) and have just checked in for my BA flight tonight, but my boarding pass doesn't have "Fast Track" on it like it does sometimes.

Has anyone had any experience at LGW recently? I can probably try and blag my way in but would prefer to have something written down on either Oneworld or Gatwick's website which says I'm eligible!

Edit: Wait, ignore me, I'm an idiot and found it about four seconds after posting!
Attached Images  
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:08 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Is there actually priority security at the TBIT at LAX? I’ve just been through security there and couldn’t see any form of priority lane or fast track. There’s also no “priority” on my boarding pass even though I’m BA Gold booked in Club. Did I just choose the wrong security for this terminal?
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Is there actually priority security at the TBIT at LAX? I’ve just been through security there and couldn’t see any form of priority lane or fast track. There’s also no “priority” on my boarding pass even though I’m BA Gold booked in Club. Did I just choose the wrong security for this terminal?
BA does not use the word "Priority" on their boarding passes. Group 1 or Group 2 would mean priority. I have seen the wording "Fast Track" on boarding passes out of London ( especially mobile boarding passes ), but never out of an outstation.

There is only one security checkpoint at LAX TBIT with two entrances ( one for regular and one for TSA Pre & crew ) and the regular one has a dedicated priority lane but it might not be open 7/24.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:21 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
BA does not use the word "Priority" on their boarding passes. Group 1 or Group 2 would mean priority. I have seen the wording "Fast Track" on boarding passes out of London ( especially mobile boarding passes ), but never out of an outstation.

There is only one security checkpoint at LAX TBIT with two entrances ( one for regular and one for TSA Pre & crew ) and the regular one has a dedicated priority lane but it might not be open 7/24.
Thanks for the explanation.

I couldn’t see a priority lane at regular security but luckily the lines moved fairly fast, despite some of the passengers appearing to be barely conscious.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 3:28 pm

The wiki says there is no fast track security in Vienna. When I travelled from Vienna recently, the fast track security was automated and it just worked by scanning the boarding pass. Not sure if anyone else can also confirm so we can update the wiki
Old Sep 3, 2022, 4:09 am

Programs: BAEC GfL;LH M&M FQTV ; SPG Gold ; A-Club Gold;HHonnors Diamond
Originally Posted by bobiguous
The wiki says there is no fast track security in Vienna. When I travelled from Vienna recently, the fast track security was automated and it just worked by scanning the boarding pass. Not sure if anyone else can also confirm so we can update the wiki
Travelling 10th of Aug.22 VIE-LHR in CE, there is a newer central security for D-Gates (in former times security was at the gate) with priority line and automated scan of bc, worked fine with us.
ettrich
Old Sep 5, 2022, 9:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
I note the wiki states "yes" for everything at TLV. Does anyone have more info, as having just passed through I've not been able to find any priority services. Travelling HBO I still checked at the BA desk to be advised I needed to queue in zone W for pre-security, with no fast track available. Then at main security multiple staff members said there was no form of fast track, and again at the passport check it was a case of joining one of the main lines. No real problem since although the queues are all long they do move fairly quickly. From walking into the terminal at 4am I was in the lounge within 45 minutes, and my questions to the staff were more out of interest than necessity, but unless a regular can confirm otherwise I wouldn't want to leave it until the nearer the flight time to arrive at the terminal!
Old Sep 8, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Another mockery of the whole Group system this last trip to the UK. The flight from LHR to NCL was from Gate 4 so a bus. Although they did call Group 1 first (after pre-boarders, and the usual bag-taggers who get - but don't really need or deserve - priority boarding) it was irrelevant as we were all then jammed onto a bus and ferried to a remote stand. The flight back from LHR to LAS saw "We're going board Group 1 and 2 now" so, again, no real perk to being Gold. Having called us all forward the e-gates weren't turned on, so we all just stood around while the gate staff frantically tried to figure out why and then decided they had to board everyone manually. Every time it's something new. Every time it really does feel as if some staff are doing this for the first time ever. It's an everlasting shambles.
Ramos likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Geordie405
Another mockery of the whole Group system this last trip to the UK. The flight from LHR to NCL was from Gate 4 so a bus. Although they did call Group 1 first (after pre-boarders, and the usual bag-taggers who get - but don't really need or deserve - priority boarding) it was irrelevant as we were all then jammed onto a bus and ferried to a remote stand. The flight back from LHR to LAS saw "We're going board Group 1 and 2 now" so, again, no real perk to being Gold. Having called us all forward the e-gates weren't turned on, so we all just stood around while the gate staff frantically tried to figure out why and then decided they had to board everyone manually. Every time it's something new. Every time it really does feel as if some staff are doing this for the first time ever. It's an everlasting shambles.
I feel for you. I can’t remember the last time BA actually called Group 1 first and enforced it. And you have my sympathies regarding LHR-NCL - it’s been dismal lately, with multiple delays and issues.
Geordie405 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 4:15 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
It seems that Fast Track at WAW has returned. I saw huge standard queues this morning so went to FT to buy a pass…and my travelling colleague noticed ‘Fast Track’ on his (printed) pass. And, Lo! My (app) pass worked. Not sure for how long this has been back on - can’t be more than 6-8 weeks as I tried to go through at that time and was refused - but it is certainly good news…hopefully this is not an isolated destination )or incident!)
wmaciej, megaloman and Thomas PL like this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: OW Emerald (AY Platinum), *A Gold (UA Premier Platinum), VS Silver, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
One bit of good news - at LYS today, BA did provide Fast Track (eligible with my OWE status), contrary to previous reports here. It automatically showed up on my mobile boarding pass - so that is very a welcome addition. It worked a treat, especially as security lines were LONG today.

If possible, can someone update this on the Wiki?
Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:38 am

Fast Track at IBZ is terrible for two reasons:

1) As soon as the gate is called, people walk to the gate and start queuing. I've never known why passengers do that? Surely they know that BA flights are boarded by groups (at least normally). As there's only a single way past the gate, I notice the official don't bother with CE priority. I didn't queue, but walked to the front as soon as they started allowing people through.

2) You're hoarded on to a bus and they get about 40 people on there, they they all get off the bus and it's a free-for-all onto the plane. No business priority at all.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Arriving next week on BA (Club World) from DEN connecting to BA (Club Europe) to VIE. Both arrive and depart from T5. Is Fast Track security available for T5 to T5 connections?
Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Geordie405
I was to/from GOT over the weekend. From LHR, it was as it should be - Group 1 called first, albeit everyone had already scanned in, so it required someone at the bridge to physically check the #1 on the boarding pass. But still, it worked because people were turned away/sent through, as appropriate.

Coming back, they announced rows 1-3 would be boarding first... in a 5-row CE cabin. I was in 1, so had already done my shuffle to right next to the desk thing. But after I got on the plane, nobody else joined in CE for about 5 mins. In fairness there was a tedious queue at passport control, but it still felt like nobody quite understood how it was supposed to work (as you say) and even taking into account that it's not exactly a home airport.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
To answer my own question-now that I actually flew the trip- Yes, Fast Track through the connections center (where your boarding pass is scanned) is available and we were the only ones using it. After going through that we did land up in a separate line at the security screening point with about only 7-8 other passengers ahead of us. But this line had a sign saying "Test Security". I asked an employee monitoring the line if it was fast track and he said "no- but this line will be very quick". While initially there were signs saying remove shoes, remove laptops and all liquids" the guy monitoring the line kept shouting out "Don't remove your shoes and don't remove anything from your bags". So we wizzed right through security. I guess they are testing new equipment where nothing has to be removed. Hope the test works out well as it sure saves time and effort.
Klrduks likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.