Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2023, 1:44 am

Programs: QF Plat, NZ Silver, EY, EK, SQ & UA
Originally Posted by DXB2745
appears they do pay and it can be used. Just doesn’t show on the BP

Yes you can use Fast Track at OSL if you’re flying in ET but OWE.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 12:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex Plat...
My experience recently of NCL and INV was guest turned away at security fast track. Anyone else had experience of either ?

​​​
Old Aug 28, 2023, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Had my first experience of SZG and can report that they have fast track (not that it's really needed) and that there was no priority boarding at all (not even the half hearted Groups 1, 2 and 3 together) though I have now way of knowing if that is standard or was a one off.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 12:40 pm

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
The other day, BA GOT-LHR in CE, Fast Track Security offered and informed of during check in.

If someone can please update the whatsit.

Thanks
Old Sep 14, 2023, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Yes, can confirm this, got same in May this year.

LcS

PS. Whatsit updated, Sorry, should have done this last May.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 5:28 pm

The last time I was at DUS (Jan 2023), fast track at C gates (for BA departures since Brexit) security was closed, and there was quite a long queue (waiting time of 25–30 minutes indicated). However, A–C gates are connected airside, and any of the three security points can be used (about 5 min walk between A and C, while B security is actually rather close to BA check-in). There are electronic signs indicating waiting times...
Old Sep 15, 2023, 12:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by toonomadic
I'm BA silver at LGW with 2 parents on my booking.
​​​​​​I know I can bring one guest to fast track with me, can the other parent also join or might they make a fuss about having two guests? We are boarding group 2 but fast track only shows on my app boarding pass.
No you can't. You can however pay for a fast track pass yourself so you will all have access.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 5:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I’ve just had a positive experience at JFK T8 that I suspect was a mistake.

I’m on a JFK-SFO transcon in J today as a bog standard GCH. I went through the First Class check in and was met in the security queue by a lady who marched me through to the front of the security queue. She even stopped people loading their stuff into trays so that I could do mine.

I thought this was only GGL and Prem kind of treatment. Does it now extend to bog standard golds or did I just get lucky this morning?
Old Sep 21, 2023, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
In the old terminal it used to be F (and perhaps Prem/GLL) who got shortcutted to the front. Seems lucky as surely there are 100s of GCH/OWE a day going through the terminal?
Old Oct 3, 2023, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Data point - it seems CFU Corfu does have fast track security, and fast track noted on my mobile bp, and when the lady at the entrance scanned it she immediately pointed me to an empty fast track lane. Saved probably 20 minutes there....
Indeed it does. We had a similar fast track experience last week. And boarding was strictly by group numbers - with group one, 'only', called alongside those requiring assistance. As the Wiki says there was a wait on the open apron (as, in my experience, seems to be the way of things in Greece) but an orderly walk to the aircraft saw status pax board first.
KARFA likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 2:04 am

Hi there - in a bit of a panic here as I cant find this on my booking! We are flying DUB-LHR-IAD on Sunday - club europe for our first leg from DUB to LHR. I cant seem to find if we have fast track included in the ticket cost with Club Europe? I've found older posts saying yes it is but nothing recent and its not mentioned in our itinerary? Just want to check before booking fast track separately!
Old Oct 26, 2023, 2:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DrumFlyer
Hi there - in a bit of a panic here as I cant find this on my booking! We are flying DUB-LHR-IAD on Sunday - club europe for our first leg from DUB to LHR. I cant seem to find if we have fast track included in the ticket cost with Club Europe? I've found older posts saying yes it is but nothing recent and its not mentioned in our itinerary? Just want to check before booking fast track separately!
yes you will have fast track at DUB if you are in CE.
DrumFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
yes you will have fast track at DUB if you are in CE.
KARFA - sorry I missed your reply as I was onto BA support and they said I do have to book it separately and its not included in my CE ticket? I've gone ahead and booked the fast track just in case - I've saved the transcrip from BA as well as back up. Thanks for the help

Last edited by DrumFlyer; Oct 26, 2023 at 2:42 am
Old Oct 26, 2023, 3:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DrumFlyer
KARFA - sorry I missed your reply as I was onto BA support and they said I do have to book it separately and its not included in my CE ticket? I've gone ahead and booked the fast track just in case - I've saved the transcrip from BA as well as back up. Thanks for the help
BA support haven’t a clue, and I imagine the person you spoke to has never been to DUB. If you can try and cancel and refund your ft purchase.

as always with these practical questions, FT is usually a better and quicker source of information.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 4:32 am

Thanks again for the response, poor hubby is now in a tizzy over this considering the amount of passengers going tru DUB this weekend! going to talk to him when he gets home from work - whereas I completely trust the forums - I know he'd want to see it on the BA site - its amazing they dont list it anywhere!! At least I have 24 hours before Sunday to cancel the FT! Thanks again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.