Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2023, 5:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
At least if everyone is suffering at passport control, I won’t feel as bad about not having an EU passport any more 😜
Only we non-EU passport holders had to suffer; EU nationals just zipped through the e-gates, which had no queues.
Originally Posted by Genius1
When departing, don't forget that there is passport control from the dedicated exit directly from the lounge, to the left of the buffet.
I didn't know that, never having flown from BER before, but I was travelling with four no-status friends and as a result didn't use the lounge. Good to know for next time.
Old May 13, 2023, 11:26 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
I’ve just read the wiki and realise that my last experience at Salzburg is not the same.

My ET/Gold boarding pass would not operate the fast/ track security gate, but there was hardly any queue at the usual check. So, no. This is with the new security gates, whereas fast track used to be a completely separate access. As for boarding – there was no bus any longer, and they had one lane for priority and the other for everybody else – so yes.
Old May 13, 2023, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Thanks. I used this last summer and there was literally no line. I assume BA Gold can still use fast track security if flying BA Y?
Not sure about security, but anyone with access to the lounge can use the dedicated passport control desks.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old May 14, 2023, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Misco60
Gate staff at BER this week announced the start of boarding for "the business cabin, British Airways Gold, Silver and Bronze, and OneWorld Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby". Half the passengers stormed the gate, only for most of them to be turned away because they weren't Group 1. It was a scrum and a shambles.
Similar experience in Hamburg last week:
"We are now boarding Group 1+2 and oneworld *non-understandable mumbling*-Flyers for your flight to London."
A split second everyone hesitated as the announcement was really hard to understand, but of course, shortly the rush started

Sidenote, PriorityCheckin counters seems to be a thing of the past in HAM, there was only one large queue for 3 general counters and they only allowed check in for the current flight (people for later flight were shoo-ed away)...
Old May 14, 2023, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I really don't understand why it is so difficult. I reckon I could train a chimpanzee to this properly in around an hour. Why the hell are there so many reports of variations, free for alls and general chaos?? This is not complex logistics.
Old May 15, 2023, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
NCL yesterday was 1,2,3 together, which seemed to be half the plane judging by how busy that side of the gate area was.
It appears that they have built a new dedicated fast track area too - entrance is now to the left of security rather than right.
Old May 15, 2023, 3:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by S_W_S
NCL yesterday was 1,2,3 together, which seemed to be half the plane judging by how busy that side of the gate area was.
Flying from LHR last week, there were 62 passengers in Group 1, which was almost half the plane. (I wasn't sad enough to count them; I expressed my surprise at the size of the queue to the lady pre-checking boarding passes, and she told me.) In such situations, group boarding all but breaks down.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old May 21, 2023, 6:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
BA are still not paying for fast track security at CTA, but the queues weren't bad so it wasn't really needed.
There was a national strike the day we flew back so check in was chaos, but everything else was fine.

As I mentioned on the lounges thread BA are now paying for the lounge here.

Priority boarding (via jet bridge) was available and strictly enforced.

I've corrected the wiki with the correct IATA code for CTA (was CAT).
KARFA and Radiation Station like this.
Old May 21, 2023, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Luxury at CHQ

Just returned from Chania (CHQ). From a busy Gate 15, Group 1 only called forward to wait just outside on the terrace before our exclusive Group 1 bus conveyed us the 100 yards to the aircraft. What happened afterwards was of no personal concern!

Gate 15

"Your carriage awaits, Sir"
PETER01, KARFA, megaloman and 2 others like this.

Last edited by T8191; May 22, 2023 at 2:30 am
Old May 24, 2023, 5:51 am

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but at the CDG Paris terminal for BA, when you go down the escalator into the passport control area, you will need to show one of the staff your boarding pass with Fast Track on it and they will allow you to walk down the middle section straight to one of the booths. I didn’t do this the first time I flew out of CDG on BA and I spent ages waiting in line, so it’s definitely worth being proactive and showing them your boarding pass as it’ll save you a lot of time. Once through passport control, you’ll enter security where there’s a dedicated Fast Track lane. Don’t do what I do and walk straight past it! To me, it wasn’t obvious as the signage wasn’t very clear and I spent a ton of time in security whereas everyone in Fast Track seemed to sail through. The whole set up isn’t particularly intuitive but if used properly you can be through passport control and security in under 10 minutes.
Old May 24, 2023, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Marriott Platinum
Given the planned Heathrow security strikes this weekend (May 25-27), does anyone know if the First Wing's security lane will be open? Has it historically remained open during previous strikes? Thanks.
Old May 30, 2023, 11:51 am

interesting to see Qantas moving to a 5 group boarding pattern.. wonder what lessons learned as not sure groups works for BA
Old May 30, 2023, 11:57 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Just returned having taken 10 separate flights on Cathay, London, Hong Kong, Haneda, Manila . Boarding superbly organised before all our flights. Well signposted queues for 1. First and Emeralds 2. Business and Sapphire 3. PE 4. Economy. All enforced, calm and very speedy boarding. Put BA to shame.....

Assistance passengers and young children pulled out and boarded first.
Old May 30, 2023, 12:38 pm

LJU Fast Traxk

Hello, does anyone know if fast track works at LJU for Gold/Silver on BA flights? I can’t find any information online apart from it works for Finair Flights.

Thanks in advance,
Dan
Old May 30, 2023, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Not the most recent of datapoints ……. but when I flew out of LJU on BA in late June 2022, the security process was so smooth - and with so few pax - that I think I just used the standard channel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.