Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2023, 5:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Is fast track at AUS still a thing?
Old Apr 22, 2023, 4:30 am
Suspended

Any recent experience at WAW? Is it still no to fast track security?
Old Apr 22, 2023, 9:00 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by weybridgewanderer
Any recent experience at WAW? Is it still no to fast track security?
You can use fast track when flying BA at WAW, it was "fixed" last year IIRC.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 6:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
A bit of an odd one in VIE yesterday. It's a route I fly a lot so I was in proper autopilot mode as I came to the scanners to enter Fast Track security- I was flying ET. I have never previously had a problem at VIE, but this time my BP did not work. Unhelpfully there was no one seemingly attending to the gate, although there was an Information Booth nearby, which I had never previously noticed, but which, with hindsight, I should have gone to. Instead I walked to BA's check in desks to find out what was going on. I would have simply joined the non priority queue, but it was pretty long, so I thought it would save time to go back to BA and sort out the issue.

The BA check in staff sent me to an Airport Information Desk (but not the one next to security) saying that they would issue me with a Fast Track pass. However when I arrived at the desk to follow up on this the lady behind the desk looked thoroughly bemused and had no idea what I was talking about. She said that she could not sell me any Fast Track passes and that I needed to go to Terminal 3 to buy a pass. I explained to her that I wasn't buying one but believed I was eligible to use Fast Track through status.

A bit of huffing and puffing and a phone call later she told me to go back to the Fast Track security entry point and a colleague would meet me there to sort things out. So back I went for one of her colleagues to arrive a minute or so later. She then sent me to the other Airport Information Desk (the one next to Fast Track) saying that the lady there would let me through the gates if I showed her my Boarding Pass, which I did. This seemed to do the trick and having checked my BP the lady behind that desk sent back me back to the Fast Track entry gate saying she would ensure the gate opened when I scanned my BP. So off I went and.......still no luck.

So I went back to the Desk where I was told by the lady that she needed to check my passport, as I had already gone through ten minutes ago (which was untrue) and she needed to some further override. I politely told her that I hadn't gone through earlier (to be fair she didn't seem hugely bothered), handed over my passport and then after more tapping away I was cleared to go, this time with the lady opening the gate nearest to the desk which is the entrance designated for crew and families, from which point it went smoothly. By this time the normal track queue had gone down quite a bit. I suspect that I didn't end up saving much, if any, time

I have no idea why there the security check was such a palaver today. I have never ever previously had a problem at VIE, and I hope this is not a sign of things to come, because it was quite a faff, so be warned. Hopefully it is a temporary glitch, which will get sorted.
furryman likes this.

Last edited by South London Bon Viveur; May 1, 2023 at 7:15 am
Old May 1, 2023, 8:06 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue
There’s a new fast track at NCL, puts you directly into a couple of security lanes now. Was okay on Saturday morning, I’d think peak summertime it will be, yet again, pointless!
Radiation Station likes this.
Old May 1, 2023, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Rob0895
There’s a new fast track at NCL, puts you directly into a couple of security lanes now. Was okay on Saturday morning, I’d think peak summertime it will be, yet again, pointless!
Especially now with all those Fast Trak passes with car parking and all the On The Beachers along with staff backtracking regular queuers into fast trak funnel…
Old May 9, 2023, 12:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Flew out of KEF yesterday and BA now provide fast track security (so no need to book a slot to bypass the queue, not that there was any at that time) and there is also priority boarding. They had the typical division into groups 1–3 and 4–9 but specifically called group 1 forward first. I have updated the wiki accordingly.
Calchas likes this.
Old May 12, 2023, 8:50 am

Flew out of LYS last weekend and had access to fast track Security, which coupled with the new scanners made the whole process a breeze!

Think this is a quite recent change as the whole fast track lane looked brand new
Old May 12, 2023, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by TheBigRat
Something to make Group 1 flyers smile - almost mirrors my recent experiences from LHR 😁
The Group 1 thing works fine, apart from when it doesn't! An example: IBZ. Ground staff asked for people with little children, then proudly asked for Group 1 to board (before Group 2 and 3 which are nearly always grouped together at LHR), they remarked I was first up and walked down the stairs to find you then stand in a bus and wait for....all the other groups to board the bus. The bus pulls up at the plane and there's a mad scramble for the plane with economy, elderly and even parents with small children all making their way to the plane at the same time.

That kind of boarding makes no sense at all. Why call any priority group only for them to all end up on the same bus?
Calchas likes this.
Old May 13, 2023, 5:32 am

Gate staff at BER this week announced the start of boarding for "the business cabin, British Airways Gold, Silver and Bronze, and OneWorld Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby". Half the passengers stormed the gate, only for most of them to be turned away because they weren't Group 1. It was a scrum and a shambles.
Old May 13, 2023, 5:34 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Misco60
Gate staff at BER this week announced the start of boarding for "the business cabin, British Airways Gold, Silver and Bronze, and OneWorld Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby". Half the passengers stormed the gate, only for most of them to be turned away because they weren't Group 1. It was a scrum and a shambles.
Something for me to look forward to next week!
Old May 13, 2023, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Something for me to look forward to next week!
In addition to the long, slow lines at passport control both in and out, and the inefficient security.
Old May 13, 2023, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
In addition to the long, slow lines at passport control both in and out, and the inefficient security.
When departing, don't forget that there is passport control from the dedicated exit directly from the lounge, to the left of the buffet.
Old May 13, 2023, 5:51 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
At least if everyone is suffering at passport control, I won’t feel as bad about not having an EU passport any more 😜
Old May 13, 2023, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
When departing, don't forget that there is passport control from the dedicated exit directly from the lounge, to the left of the buffet.
Thanks. I used this last summer and there was literally no line. I assume BA Gold can still use fast track security if flying BA Y?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.