Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2022, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
Did a T3 -T5 connection on Wednesday 6/15 the line for security was backed up all the way to the BP scanners just past the transfer desk. Fast track was closed. Only 2 lanes leading to 4 scanners were running. An absolute cluster. Took about an hour to clear. Should have cleared immigration.
So many missed connections and the staff did not care. Luckily I had 4 hours so all it did was cut into my time in the Flounge.
exact same experience as me. I put it down to perhaps a one off thing but the fact it seems like a regular occurrence is really unacceptable.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:51 am

Programs: BA Silver
CFU - Corfu/Kerkyra Boarding: No pointless, bus + unsheltered apron wait. Board last. Security: Noallow extra time peak season / school holidays, otherwise it's swift.
I think this may now be incorrect after a recent trip to CFU.

Priority Security was provided.

Boarding: Our departure was a bus, however whilst waiting for our bags after arrival I noted LHR bound passengers walking across
the apron to board the aircraft we came in on. No buses in sight so it seems the boarding process is mixed.

If others agree, I will update the wiki.

Last edited by SHT88T; Jun 20, 2022 at 12:31 pm
Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I have removed CBG from the list, as the passenger terminal has closed and is vanishingly unlikely to reappear before the entire airport gets turned into housing in a few years' time.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:11 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
Fast Track at LHR T3 was empty at 6pm last night, 2 other people going three with me, two lane open.

Flying to BUD at 9pm Gate 11, Finnair flying for BA, Group 1s called first but then nobody checked BPs so everyone started piling through.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
No Fast Track security for BA Gold travelling CE at BUD yesterday - an unnecessary inconsistency in the BA CE offer for me.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 4:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
Transfer from T5 to T3 this morning at 9am. Took around 1:15 in total. Straight on a bus which went within 5 minutes, the 45 minutes ish through security. No fast track for Gold at all, and less than half the scanners working. Some people close to missing connections and no one to assist.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 5:14 am

Similar to Endoman above, T5 to T3 connection airside yesterday morning (edit: landed 9am)(Tuesday). Security at T3 connections was a mess, no fast track and the queue out the barriers past the transfers desks and the gate screens in the corridor. There were staff there trying to manage the queue and did see a BA staff member pull people proactively to the front for a CLT flight. Only two scanners/4 lanes operating but did see a large group (20 people - mainly younger) over at one of the closed scanner which looked like they were getting some training. So hopefully more staff coming.

Overall it took me 1.5hrs from T5 to T3 gate area. So what should have been a nice time relaxing in a lounge for a bit was a straight to gate brisk walk. Plane was boarding past my group when I got there but at least I didnt miss the connection. Have the same route later in Aug and hoping it's better by then?
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Clseeper
Similar to Endoman above, T5 to T3 connection airside yesterday morning (edit: landed 9am)(Tuesday). Security at T3 connections was a mess, no fast track and the queue out the barriers past the transfers desks and the gate screens in the corridor. There were staff there trying to manage the queue and did see a BA staff member pull people proactively to the front for a CLT flight. Only two scanners/4 lanes operating but did see a large group (20 people - mainly younger) over at one of the closed scanner which looked like they were getting some training. So hopefully more staff coming.

Overall it took me 1.5hrs from T5 to T3 gate area. So what should have been a nice time relaxing in a lounge for a bit was a straight to gate brisk walk. Plane was boarding past my group when I got there but at least I didnt miss the connection. Have the same route later in Aug and hoping it's better by then?
Yeah, the situation is dire in flight connections with a lot of clueless transiting passengers and no priority.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by endoman
Transfer from T5 to T3 this morning at 9am. Took around 1:15 in total. Straight on a bus which went within 5 minutes, the 45 minutes ish through security. No fast track for Gold at all, and less than half the scanners working. Some people close to missing connections and no one to assist.
Originally Posted by Clseeper

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Yeah, the situation is dire in flight connections with a lot of clueless transiting passengers and no priority.
What was the typical transfer side from T5 to T3 airside pre-COVID? Was there fast track pre-COVID to minimize wait time? On my last trip to LHR, I was so frustrated with my time spent lining up instead of at the lounge!
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by sau54
What was the typical transfer side from T5 to T3 airside pre-COVID? Was there fast track pre-COVID to minimize wait time? On my last trip to LHR, I was so frustrated with my time spent lining up instead of at the lounge!
Typically about 45 minutes from leaving the aircraft in t5 to being in t3 departures

yes there was usually a transit fast track , currently that seems to be a victim of the heathrow staff shortages

Remember too that the vast majority of ba to ba transfers are within t5, not t5 to t3.

Is your home base a t3 destination? What routings would you typically be interested in, are most if your ba flights going to involve t3 as mine do currently as krk is a t3 departure.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Typically about 45 minutes from leaving the aircraft in t5 to being in t3 departures

yes there was usually a transit fast track , currently that seems to be a victim of the heathrow staff shortages

Remember too that the vast majority of ba to ba transfers are within t5, not t5 to t3.

Is your home base a t3 destination? What routings would you typically be interested in, are most if your ba flights going to involve t3 as mine do currently as krk is a t3 departure.
I make no secret of my love for lounges! I haven't been to any of the lounges in T5, but it seems like they can't compare to T3! If only AMEX had opened a Centurion Lounge at T5 instead of T3 then I would be happy as well. The food at the Centurion Lounge was also fantastic!

I'm a BA newbie so I'm just getting around to learn more from you guys. I have checked and I'm frustrated that most of the destinations that I fly from to and from LHR lands in T5 and not T3! Argh! For my last trip, I deliberately flew SkyTeam so I can try out the VS lounge in T3.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I make no secret of my love for lounges! I haven't been to any of the lounges in T5, but it seems like they can't compare to T3! If only AMEX had opened a Centurion Lounge at T5 instead of T3 then I would be happy as well. The food at the Centurion Lounge was also fantastic!

I'm a BA newbie so I'm just getting around to learn more from you guys. I have checked and I'm frustrated that most of the destinations that I fly from to and from LHR lands in T5 and not T3! Argh! For my last trip, I deliberately flew SkyTeam so I can try out the VS lounge in T3.
yes if you are flying BA get used to T5, not T3. T5 to T3 transit times do not matter if you are transitting in T5.

if you can enter the uk via the egates in t5 and are owe then it us often quicker notvto use the t5 transit route but to enter the uk and then go to the First Wing. But be careful about t5 conformance. You must be scanned into departure security at least 35 minutes before departure.
Radiation Station and sau54 like this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
yes if you are flying BA get used to T5, not T3. T5 to T3 transit times do not matter if you are transitting in T5.

if you can enter the uk via the egates in t5 and are owe then it us often quicker notvto use the t5 transit route but to enter the uk and then go to the First Wing. But be careful about t5 conformance. You must be scanned into departure security at least 35 minutes before departure.
Why wouldn't I be able to use the E-gates at T5? I was able to use it at T3.

I think even AA flies regularly to T5. A quick search seems to indicate to me that mostly US east coast flights have a chance of landing in T3 while west coast flights have a high chance of landing in T5.

So having said that, are there any long-term lounge expansion plans at T5?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:35 am

Why wouldn't I be able to use the E-gates at T5? I was able to use it at T3.

I think even AA flies regularly to T5. A quick search seems to indicate to me that mostly US east coast flights have a chance of landing in T3 while west coast flights have a high chance of landing in T5.

So having said that, are there any long-term lounge expansion plans at T5?
I have no idea if you can use the eGates. If you can great, all i am saying is if you are eligible then there are quicker options than using transit.

Some people cannot use the eGates, passports from some countries are not accepted. People under 12 are not accepted so people travelling with them may prefer not to use them. If you are eligible then the optionni outlined is available to you.

There are 5 BA departure lounges in T5, as owe you can use 4 of them if you travel F you can use the 5th.. I am not aware of any lounge development plans
corporate-wage-slave KARFA Anything to add?
wanderingjock and sau54 like this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Did a transit T5 twice last two weeks - had the 11 year old with me so avoided entering the UK as e-gates are 12 YO + -First time, took 1hr 5 min - we had plenty of time just a cluster of disorganized screening = this was on a Tue @ 1PM, no Fast Track security at all

Later in the week was back at T5 - 3PM on a Tue - following week, entered the UK and had my 11 year old with me in the manual attended Border Force line (can use the UK line for me) - took 5 min, then First Wing took 5 min to walk to and 5 min to clear. 15 Min vs 1 Hour 10 even WITHOUT using e-gates.

Suffice to say use the e-gates based on even worse summer volumes of people connecting or use the e-gates line even if not eligible then approach the Heathrow staffer working the line and ask for a Border Force manual staffed lane, never had more than 2-3 people ahead of us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.