Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2014, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent

As this is one of our pet hates (or at least mine) and one of the perks we come to expect from Business (Club Europe) and status, I would like to track where BA is too cheap to provide fast track access so for those who care about value for money can judge whether or not to use BA on that route.

Let me start:

Oslo (OSL)

I think also HEL and NCE though maybe that has changed. Incidentally Finnair does provide at both HEL and OSL.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by YClass
As this is one of our pet hates (or at least mine) and one of the perks we come to expect from Business (Club Europe) and status, I would like to track where BA is too cheap to provide fast track access so for those who care about value for money can judge whether or not to use BA on that route.

Let me start:

Oslo (OSL)

I think also HEL and NCE though maybe that has changed. Incidentally Finnair does provide at both HEL and OSL.
HEL is an example where BA don't pay for fast track and therefore CE/status passengers are not allowed to use it.

NCE is another matter. From my experience the fast track is exclusively for holders of the Nice Airport loyalty programme card (I can't remember its name off hand). I am not aware of it being open to passengers based on either cabin or status.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BRU is only for CE, so no Gold's or Silvers. Whereas SN offer it to all Star Golds. Even Aegean ones.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Tracking *lack* of Fast Track

Thanks. As people update I'll revise the first post. I'd presume all long haul routes have access for J/F and Silver/Gold so list will be limited to S/H.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold
FRA (they didn't know CE was business class and didn't let me use fast track security)
MAN
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:40 am

Thanks. As people update I'll revise the first post. I'd presume all long haul routes have access for J/F and Silver/Gold so list will be limited to S/H.
What are you trying to capture? Airports with fast track (but not open to BA passengers), airports with fast track that BA customers can use or airports with no fast track at all?

I can give you a view for most of Italy if that helps (some of these may have changed as I have not been through all these this year):

LIN and MXP: offer fast track to CE/OWE/OWS - well worth using as normal queues can be long.

BLQ - separate dedicated security from lounge, open to all lounge customers. If closed, fast track lane in main security area (not sure if meant to be for BA passengers, but I have used it)

CTA, FCO, GOA, NAP, PSA, TRN, VCE, VRN - no fast track offered for anyone.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by olybeast
FRA (they didn't know CE was business class and didn't let me use fast track security)
MAN
I have never had an issue with using "Fast Track" at FRA except that it really isn't that Fast compared to the Y queue, security at FRA T1 makes LHR T5 look world class. I don't think I have ever seen the FRA Fast Track effectively policed either.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Isnt Fasttrack only officially promised by BA at London Airports?

So is this just a wish list of Airports where you want BA to provide Fasttrack rather than they are failing in their promise / to meet your expectations?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
BRU is only for CE, so no Gold's or Silvers. Whereas SN offer it to all Star Golds. Even Aegean ones.
I remember that T4 used to be like that, only for CE, CW and F
Old Jan 10, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC
There's no fast track in ZAG (for anyone)
Old Jan 10, 2014, 9:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Tracking *lack* of Fast Track

You mean Fast Track security rather than boarding I take it.

BRU really p!sses me off in this respect, so does HEL. But even those that offer it, like FRA, don't enforce it, or stop idiots arriving late for their flight to DME from cutting into the queue! Grrr

Edited to add that I see LoM has the same issue with FRA that I do.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
BUD. Where even Wizz Air offer it
Old Jan 10, 2014, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I think it is important to distinguish between Fast Track (a BA trademark I think) boarding, which is within BA's control at all airports and prioritised Security for J, F and status passengers which BA has less control over and makes no promise to provide away from home bases but usually manages to arrange anyway.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
BUD. Where even Wizz Air offer it
Indeed. In fact the staff there seem all to happy to gleefully tell pax that 'BA have not paid for it' quote unquote when you try to use it.

Whilst we're on it, the lounge is abominable there. The old Terraces was OK, but the 'Celebi Platinum' horrid, complete with mouldy fruit usually.

BA seem to have lost interest now that they have a virtual monopoly on business traffic there since Malev went.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 9:07 am

I think you may be presuming too much with long haul fast track security. From recent flights I don't remember Fast Track being offered at YVR or SFO.

In South Africa there is no fast track at CPT or JNB for international flights and none for domestic flights at CPT, JNB, DUR, PLZ, MQP or WND (in Namibia).

I myself presume from your comment about BA being cheap, you mean airports where BA pay for fast track security, not fast track boarding at the gate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.