Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2023, 5:23 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
I've even got FT in DUB as a Silver in Y once when BA sneakily downgraded me on my DUB-LHR part of DUB-LHR-JFK-SEA, which was otherwise in J or AA domestic F. I hadn't bothered to look at my boarding pass until I was in the lounge checking the boarding time. The downgrade was to the back exit row on an A320, and was due to crew illness. I still got my CE meal, and had an empty seat next to me. I suppose that downgrade was probably the best downgrade scenario in CE. The seatmap the night before was showing that row as CE, and I was somewhat tempted to move to it even.
DrumFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by DrumFlyer
Thanks again for the response, poor hubby is now in a tizzy over this considering the amount of passengers going tru DUB this weekend! going to talk to him when he gets home from work - whereas I completely trust the forums - I know he'd want to see it on the BA site - its amazing they dont list it anywhere!! At least I have 24 hours before Sunday to cancel the FT! Thanks again!
I flew through DUB last week, with the last leg being in CE to London. I did a same day change at the check-in desk and my BP had 'fasttrack' clearly printed on it. You should also have access to the T1 lounge, I think.
DrumFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 8:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by greg5
I've even got FT in DUB as a Silver in Y once when BA sneakily downgraded me on my DUB-LHR part of DUB-LHR-JFK-SEA, which was otherwise in J or AA domestic F. I hadn't bothered to look at my boarding pass until I was in the lounge checking the boarding time. The downgrade was to the back exit row on an A320, and was due to crew illness. I still got my CE meal, and had an empty seat next to me. I suppose that downgrade was probably the best downgrade scenario in CE. The seatmap the night before was showing that row as CE, and I was somewhat tempted to move to it even.
why would you not get FastTrack in Y as Silver? Is there a rule in Dub that this is not available to Silver in Y?

As a silver who often flies Y get it at KRK , WAW, GLA, LHR....
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 8:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by DrumFlyer
Thanks again for the response, poor hubby is now in a tizzy over this considering the amount of passengers going tru DUB this weekend! going to talk to him when he gets home from work - whereas I completely trust the forums - I know he'd want to see it on the BA site - its amazing they dont list it anywhere!! At least I have 24 hours before Sunday to cancel the FT! Thanks again!
The do not list it because they choose not to pay for it at some airports
DrumFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 12:58 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
why would you not get FastTrack in Y as Silver? Is there a rule in Dub that this is not available to Silver in Y?

As a silver who often flies Y get it at KRK , WAW, GLA, LHR....
You do get FT in Y as Silver. However, on this particular flight I hadn't noticed I'd been downgraded until after I was already in the lounge, as I got FT anyways as Silver.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by greg5
You do get FT in Y as Silver. However, on this particular flight I hadn't noticed I'd been downgraded until after I was already in the lounge, as I got FT anyways as Silver.
thats what i thought. I maybe misunderstood when you said 'I've even got FT in DUB as a Silver in Y ..'
Old Oct 31, 2023, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Gold HH Gold
Hi

Does anyone have experience lately of BA Silver using FT at BSL?
No FT mentioned on the digital boarding pass but then that’s not unusual for flights back to LHR in my experience.

Thanks.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 12:19 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Pgoodall
Hi

Does anyone have experience lately of BA Silver using FT at BSL?
No FT mentioned on the digital boarding pass but then that’s not unusual for flights back to LHR in my experience.

Thanks.
I've only had fast track invites (i.e. a stamp on your boarding pass) when going to the check-in desks when flying ET (both as Sliver and Gold, but I've had.to ask a couple of times). In CE it is usually showing on your boarding pass. It's not a very busy airport outside of holiday periods so it's not a must.

The lounge is just before passport control and is very nice, including an outdoor terrace with full view of the runway.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 2:37 am

Programs: BA Gold HH Gold
Just to circle back on this as I am currently sitting in Basel.

Automated scanner for fast track said ‘no’ to mobile boarding pass and there was no one manning it to discuss.

However as pointed out above security was very quiet and probably quicker than fast track.

Now in the lounge thanking my lucky stars I picked this flight rather than later today / tomorrow thus avoiding the coming storm!
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 3:25 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
[..San Francisco Boarding: Yes from rear of lounge (at gate A9 on A380 and 747). Security: Yes, BP will be stamped "priority" at desk..]
Travelled mid October Transcon Business on AA from SFO to JFK as BA Silver / OW Saphire. Checked in at AA premium check in, no Fast Track available. Both the check-in agent and the TSA the boarding passes at the end of the queue confirmed that Fast Track was only available for those who have TSA Precheck.
It was a long queue.....
Old Nov 3, 2023, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Just updated the wiki for PSA which was down as bus gates and no for security. There is fast track security (which was very welcome given the queues on Monday). We had a guest and asked at check in if they could also use fast track security and was told yes.

Boarding was also from a jetbridge rather than by bus, and surprisingly group numbers were very well enforced. Gate agents made their way down the priority queue checking boarding passes and moving quite a few people over to the general queue.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Excellent trip LHR-ATL-LHR,

At LHR, after usual First Wing, boarding from B34 was by strict group order, with enforcement by agent at entrance to gate checking group and passport.

At ATL, there was initially a mumbled announcement calling selected passengers to verify checked baggage numbers. Everybody misheard and started to line up. A very brusque individual pushed everybody away from the 4 lines formed of tensa barriers. After a while, groups were called in strict order. Passport and group checked and you were assigned to a specific line (1,2 etc), each of which had barriers across the end. Group 1 were called, followed by 2, 3 and 4, until all lines were filled. When boarding started, the group 1 barrier opened and an orderly exit was made on to the plane. Even if a chancer had tried to line up before their group was called, they were directed into the relevant line. It was a great example of ordered boarding and making use of the time before the aircraft was ready, even if it was a bit lacking in the charm school manners.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 4:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
GVA - Geneva Boarding: Boarding: Yes. Security: Yes (requires scanning of BP - no non-status guests in Y. If status in Y, or CE on BACF, you'll need a BP printed at the check-in counter; app and home-printed BPs do not currently work).
Having flown out of GVA a couple of times over the past months as Silver in Y, the fast track security scanner has always accepted my app BPs without any problem both for BA and BACF flights. So it appears this issue has been fixed.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 4:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Great_circle
[..San Francisco Boarding: Yes from rear of lounge (at gate A9 on A380 and 747). [b]Security: Yes, BP will be stamped "priority" at desk..]
Travelled mid October Transcon Business on AA from SFO to JFK as BA Silver / OW Saphire. Checked in at AA premium check in, no Fast Track available. Both the check-in agent and the TSA the boarding passes at the end of the queue confirmed that Fast Track was only available for those who have TSA Precheck.
It was a long queue.....
i think it’s basically tsa pre or normal track (and clear for those who have that). There is no fast track at SFO in international, or T2 where you were.
Great_circle likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 5:51 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by KARFA
i think it’s basically tsa pre or normal track (and clear for those who have that). There is no fast track at SFO in international, or T2 where you were.
in SFO 2 weeks back travelling in CW, I have tsa pre, mrs firstlight doesnt so the agent stamped her boarding pass with PRIORITY. The priority queue and the tsa pre queue joined together with the tsa pre folk being given a postcard saying TSA pre and the priority folk were not given anything. So some people had the full security experience; shoes off, laptops out, bodyscan while others of us sauntered through an old style metal detector arch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.