Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2023, 9:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Not sure if this is a permanent change, but I just managed to get through fast track at BUD - it was properly printed on my boarding pass and everything.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 9:47 am

BA seems to have added Fast Track security at LCA

Today both mobile and paper boarding passes were marked fast track and the checkin agent specifically highlighted it. This previously wasn’t available (in April/May/June last year)
Old Jan 10, 2023, 10:16 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
In case it's useful to anyone, it seems BA have added Fast Track at NCE. As mentioned by a previous poster, it was printed on a recent BP, and BA now shows on the digital sign above the Fast Track entrance...

I didn't test it as I use the Aeroport Premier line, but can't see any reason why it wouldn't work...
Old Jan 22, 2023, 4:48 am

DUS: Priority Security in C seems to be inop, no Fast Track on my BP, whilst there still is some Fast Track branding on the security checkpoint in C, the separate line was closed. Priority boarding still offered.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Malaga. We had a blanket call for "family with children , those that need extra time plus groups 1,2 and 3"..

Half the plane surged forward including a small balding man in "power wear" toting an expensive pull along and bright white trainers. He proceded to duck under my arm to blip his boarding pass as I was just about to do mine insisting he was ahead of me. I let him pass and stood on his foot with my dirty size 11. He muttered something at me and I lent forward and apologised with a big smile. Saw him trying to clean it with the sanitizer on board. Muppet
Old Jan 22, 2023, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Malaga. We had a blanket call for "family with children , those that need extra time plus groups 1,2 and 3"..

Half the plane surged forward
I don't like how BA group 1, 2 and 3 together like that. Even if it was a call for Group 1, small gap, Group 2, small gap, Group 3, it would at least have the queue vaguely in group order.
DXB2745 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Silver
Went through WAW travelling ET to LHR yesterday and able use Fast Track Security by scanning Boarding Pass (BA Gold)

Excellent benefit as regular line was pretty long.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by sunshinebob

Half the plane surged forward including a small balding man in "power wear" toting an expensive pull along and bright white trainers. He proceded to duck under my arm to blip his boarding pass as I was just about to do mine insisting he was ahead of me. I let him pass and stood on his foot with my dirty size 11. He muttered something at me and I lent forward and apologised with a big smile. Saw him trying to clean it with the sanitizer on board. Muppet
You misunderstood. He was in Group .5. He's allowed to do this. Only angry, short people can be part of Group .5.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:47 pm

Programs: BAEC
Interesting one from GVA tonight. They called 1.) People with children, those needing assistance, business class passengers, then 2.) Group 1, then 3.) Groups 2 & 3, etc etc...

First time I've ever seen business class called separately from group 1. No idea if it was enforced as I was in row 1 with only a backpack so no need to fight for bin space and so boarded last.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 6:48 am

Does anyone have an update on CPH?

I'm silver with a guest, will we both be able to use fast track? From reading it looks like there is an issue a BP issued through the app?
Old Mar 28, 2023, 2:55 am

LGW to MCO yesterday. Silver flying WT, so Group 2. Pre-boarding announcement said the first lot would be Gp 1 plus families with children under 2. ACTUAL boarding announcement was Gp 1 plus families with children. As this was Orlando, it was more than half the plane! We joined the tail end of the queue as we knew we would be next. The next boarding call was for groups 1, 2 and 3. So no separate call for Silver.

Assistance passengers were pre-boarded so there was no announcement for them.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 11:53 am

Delayed 736 to GVA tonight. Usual scrum crowding around A6. Preboarded families, the injured and elderly plus some apparent VIPs. Then finally called group 1 so a load of people surged forward. Not unusual, with 10-11 rows of Club and plenty of Golds in ET. Happened to clock some guy in front of me with a home printed BP (what kind of lunatic does that?!) that made me suspicious. Sure enough he gets to the agent and she says “It’s Group 1 and you’re in Group 9” and he apologises profusely. Easy enough mistake I guess. Not sure of how strict they were on, say, Group 2 or 3. But at least some attempt at enforcement.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 4:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RichieMc
... some guy in front of me with a home printed BP (what kind of lunatic does that?!) ...
This lunatic does, ThankYouVeryMuch. It lets me bypass checkin and go straight to the gate, and still have a paper BP if I need it as proof for claiming missing miles/points/Avios/whatever.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
This lunatic does, ThankYouVeryMuch. It lets me bypass checkin and go straight to the gate, and still have a paper BP if I need it as proof for claiming missing miles/points/Avios/whatever.
I have electronic boarding passes on my phone that serve the same purpose. Saves me taking a picture or scanning a paper one, or putting the paper one in an envelope and posting it.
DXB2745 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond
Something to make Group 1 flyers smile - almost mirrors my recent experiences from LHR 😁

BA or bust, LCSinTexas and Horatio like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.