Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:20 am

LHR: Fast Track would not let us through without a passport check. We had checked in online and the BPs did say we needed a document check. The south side FastTrack has a nearby BA person who can check, while the north side does not. We could also have gone to the check-in desks, but this seemed faster.

Is all of this typical?

When we got there the Fast Track line wasn't moving and apparently hadn't moved for about 15 minutes. It started moving a few minutes later so we didn't have to wait long. The regular line looked like it had a lot more people.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by richarddd
LHR: Fast Track would not let us through without a passport check. We had checked in online and the BPs did say we needed a document check. The south side FastTrack has a nearby BA person who can check, while the north side does not. We could also have gone to the check-in desks, but this seemed faster.

Is all of this typical?

When we got there the Fast Track line wasn't moving and apparently hadn't moved for about 15 minutes. It started moving a few minutes later so we didn't have to wait long. The regular line looked like it had a lot more people.
Yes, it's correct - you need to visit Visa & Passport check desk before proceeding to security if your boarding pass says so. There's a few desks around the terminal labelled as such, but any check-in desk agent can do that for you.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
I am flying from LGW for the first time tomorrow. We are BA Gold, so I believe we should have access to fast track. Please could someone tell me if there is a specific route I need to get to this? I can see a reference to a separate Premium Security in the wiki. Thank you and sorry for the noob question!
Old Jul 24, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
I am flying from LGW for the first time tomorrow. We are BA Gold, so I believe we should have access to fast track. Please could someone tell me if there is a specific route I need to get to this? I can see a reference to a separate Premium Security in the wiki. Thank you and sorry for the noob question!
yes, you use Gatwick premium security as fast track. Sometimes normal security can be quicker as i believe families can use the same security lane so it's worth having a quick look at the queues.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by firstlight
yes, you use Gatwick premium security as fast track. Sometimes normal security can be quicker as i believe families can use the same security lane so it's worth having a quick look at the queues.
Thank you!
Old Jul 24, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
I think families have a separate lane within the normal security at Gatwick. I was directed through a family lane there, admittedly in 2019. So I may have out of date information.

Silver and above can use Premium. Very fast when I used it last Sunday at around 6am.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 5:05 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
I'm heading out with the family this coming Saturday, 0730 departure on BA from T5. No status, travelling in Y. Can someone please set my expectations on how long I'll need to get through bag drop and security so that I can set my arrival time accordingly?

Many thanks
OB
Old Jul 26, 2022, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
I was told by staff at T3 transit my last time through that fast track has been discontinued indefinitely in all terminals for transit passengers (though not for departing passengers, like FRA did recently). That certainly accords with my experience this summer so unless I'm very unlucky, I tend to believe him. Therefore, if you are eligible to use the e-gates, going out and coming in again might be a better solution for T3-T3 or T5-T5 transfers (which have averaged about an hour for me). Not so sure about T5-T3 or vv. given the train/tube and walking and everything.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
I was told by staff at T3 transit my last time through that fast track has been discontinued indefinitely in all terminals for transit passengers (though not for departing passengers, like FRA did recently). That certainly accords with my experience this summer so unless I'm very unlucky, I tend to believe him. Therefore, if you are eligible to use the e-gates, going out and coming in again might be a better solution for T3-T3 or T5-T5 transfers (which have averaged about an hour for me). Not so sure about T5-T3 or vv. given the train/tube and walking and everything.
One of my posts yesterday someone corrected me to say fast track in t5 transit has now been reinstated
Old Jul 28, 2022, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Flying with a friend from EDI to LCY tomorrow evening on an Avios day trip flight I booked with same passenger locator for us both. I’ve noticed that on his boarding pass he’s listed as Group 5 whereas I’m Group 1 with Fast track noted on mine.

I know that LHR lets a BA Gold take a ‘plus one’ through fast track security but is that the case at EDI as well?
Old Jul 28, 2022, 4:55 am

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
A quick question(incase there have been changes) someone I know is flying BRU-LHR Y class tomorrow pax is SCH online boarding pass says fast track (which was never the case before) , are SCH & GCH now eligible for fast track security in BRU ?

TIA
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:37 am

What is the future for priority boarding and ‘Groups’
Usually seems to be on verge of ‘shambles’ inconsistent and unreliable. Does it need a refresh or whoesale revision or just reinforcement and staff training?
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by gw76
What is the future for priority boarding and ‘Groups’
Usually seems to be on verge of ‘shambles’ inconsistent and unreliable. Does it need a refresh or whoesale revision or just reinforcement and staff training?
They just need to ensure their staff learn how to call numbers in order. Perpetually calling groups 1-3 together is lazy and inappropriate. Passengers with Gold/GGL should be properly boarded before groups 1 and 2, as they do a lot more OneWorld flying than the other groups and have earned the right to have their benefits honoured and enforced.
DelTroon likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:18 am
Suspended

It really frustrates me getting to the gate after boarding has started to see one large queue. As a lowly Gold (esp if travelling in a premium cabin too) I expect to have some sort of priority boarding experience.

I either have to join the back of the queue as a blue travelling in discount economy, or jump to the front of the queue and hope other status members have taken the same action.

Neither are great but I tend to do the latter. Whilst contentious I came to the conclusion it’s better to get what you’ve paid for and expect the supplier to deal with the fallout of not providing the service to the people still stuck in the queue…
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
One of my posts yesterday someone corrected me to say fast track in t5 transit has now been reinstated
It is intermittent based on how the days staffing is - I've seen it twice and then a week later it was not open at the same time and day. YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.