Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Originally Posted by twoods158
Hi all, I'm flying from AMS to LGW in BA Club Europe next week (no oneworld status or Privium). There seems to be some mixed information on whether Club Europe grants you access to priority security lanes at AMS. Has anyone had any recent experience trying to access priority lanes at Schipol with a business class ticket on BA? Thanks!
Junior wj is coming back from the cricket in Ams via train - he is GCH and was worried he wouldnt make any flight with the chaos at Schipol! lol
Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:17 am

are the yellow tags for smaller items a fantasy or are they ever used/ enforced? You sometimes hear it mentioned just as part of a compulsory announcement with noone taking any notice. About half the stuff in the lockers around me could have gone under seats.
Guess it might be more relevant if identified at Check In.
Even last weeks ‘your flight is full’ text message didnt result in yellow tags.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 4:06 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by gw76
are the yellow tags for smaller items a fantasy or are they ever used/ enforced? You sometimes hear it mentioned just as part of a compulsory announcement with noone taking any notice. About half the stuff in the lockers around me could have gone under seats.
Guess it might be more relevant if identified at Check In.
Even last weeks ‘your flight is full’ text message didnt result in yellow tags.
we're not the best judges of this being sat behind a bulkhead, but on our last flight the announcement at the gate was that all large bags for boarding groups 4 to 9 would be tagged and others would have to go under the seat in front. There were certainly a lot of bags delivered at the other end.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 9:26 am

How long is it likely to take to get through Fast Track security at LHR T5 late afternoon on a weekday? We're on the 6:05pm Wednesday flight LHR-JFK in CW and I'm trying to figure out when to get to the airport.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 10:28 am

Took me about 25 mins in the ‘normal’ queue at NorthSecurity as forgot to go in Fast Trak door (!). Was around 5.45pm on a Wed.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:06 am

Travelling J DUB LHR DFW and the T5 connections were nothing short of chaos. No staff, hundreds of people, many missing connections, no fast track, no help. Utter shambles. If I knew I’d had gone airside to connect.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
It’s obviously a bit late now for you, but yes when coming from DUB I would always recommend going landside. The only exception is if you are running close to conformance as going to connections will enable you to scan your bp to meet it a bit quicker.
mediamonkey and PGberkshire like this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
What the reason for no connection fast track - it‘s shameful.
seanp7 and mediamonkey like this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by gw76
Took me about 25 mins in the ‘normal’ queue at NorthSecurity as forgot to go in Fast Trak door (!). Was around 5.45pm on a Wed.
Hoping Fast Track is faster than that and assuming half an hour to walk to the gate for the start of boarding approximately 40 minutes before the flight, it sounds like arriving at LHR around 4:00 pm if not closer to 4:30 for a 6:05pm flight to the US in J would be more than enough. Am I missing something?
Old Jun 19, 2022, 1:47 pm

Based on the Wiki, I’m assuming BAEC Gold/OWE doesn’t have access to priority screening at Helsinki when flying economy with either AY or BA?
Old Jun 19, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by sau54
Based on the Wiki, I’m assuming BAEC Gold/OWE doesn’t have access to priority screening at Helsinki when flying economy with either AY or BA?
i used priority screening at hel last week when flying in economy on AY. The wiki may need updated but i am not there often enough to feel qualified to update it. My boarding pass also said 'PRIORITY' which i assume.was a reference to security. From a boarding perspective it said group 1

Last edited by scottishpoet; Jun 19, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Old Jun 19, 2022, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by twoods158
Hi all, I'm flying from AMS to LGW in BA Club Europe next week (no oneworld status or Privium). There seems to be some mixed information on whether Club Europe grants you access to priority security lanes at AMS. Has anyone had any recent experience trying to access priority lanes at Schipol with a business class ticket on BA? Thanks!
Yes it does. As does status when flying Gold, though you may need to argue politely. Business definitely benefits from Priority.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Posting this as it differs to Wiki.

No priority security at MIA for Club World this week. Normally I use flagship check-in as Emerald or TSA Pre+ But came through with family this weekend so this is actually my first time through “normal” channels. 2x OWS, 1xOWE all in CW and nobody with priority either formally on boarding pass or otherwise. Heard others at BA First check-in, including First passengers, being told no priority any more.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:29 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The last several times I have done a flight transfer at T5 LHR (BA to BA), the priority line was closed. Normally this wasn't a problem as lines were short but last Thursday (June 16, 2022), there was a 45+ minute queue to enter security. I just googled minimum connecting times for BA at Heathrow and they say to allocate one hour if it is within the same terminal. Sure glad I hadn't followed that recommendation.

As I'm currently gold, it probably would have been faster to enter England through the automated gates and then do security at the first class entry. I regret not thinking of that last Thursday! Of course, that's not an option available to most.
mediamonkey likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:38 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Did a T3 -T5 connection on Wednesday 6/15 the line for security was backed up all the way to the BP scanners just past the transfer desk. Fast track was closed. Only 2 lanes leading to 4 scanners were running. An absolute cluster. Took about an hour to clear. Should have cleared immigration.
So many missed connections and the staff did not care. Luckily I had 4 hours so all it did was cut into my time in the Flounge.
NickP 1K and mediamonkey like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.