Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:59 am

Flew WAW-LHR today. Club Europe no longer gives you fast track security at Warsaw Chopin airport.

Writing this currently jammed on a very packed bus at Heathrow having parked on a remote stand. Do BA no longer have a separate bus for business class?
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by mr_moon
Flew WAW-LHR today. Club Europe no longer gives you fast track security at Warsaw Chopin airport.

Writing this currently jammed on a very packed bus at Heathrow having parked on a remote stand. Do BA no longer have a separate bus for business class?
As per other comments today you now need a stamp on your boarding pass to get fast track at waw.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
LIN - Received fast track security but not for guest. I'm BA Gold
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:03 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by mr_moon

Technically they require a "fast rack eligibility encoded in the boarding pass". To me it looks like the Fast Track operator decided to add their own custom marker in the boarding pass rather then to check eligibility based on the ticket class / frequent flyer status.

Last Saturday I've connected from QR263 to BA847, went landside to send off my parents and tried to use Fast Track - neither BA mobile boarding pass, paper printed boarding pass from check-in kiosk nor QR printed boarding pass worked. Fast Track agent was very unhelpful and told me to speak to BA check-in agents... but I was way too early for check-in to open. Used the regular security lines, then had no issues getting into the Fantazja Lounge.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: British Airways
Apologies for the fuzzy memory - Can I guest someone with no status on a different flight than myself through the first wing at LHR? Or must we go through regular security and then I can guest them to first lounge?

I can't remember ever being at the airport by coincidence to a non-status friend!
Old Feb 4, 2020, 9:23 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by CharlesWindsorClive1964
Apologies for the fuzzy memory - Can I guest someone with no status on a different flight than myself through the first wing at LHR? Or must we go through regular security and then I can guest them to first lounge?

I can't remember ever being at the airport by coincidence to a non-status friend!
Yes, that's absolutely fine.

Formally, your guest must be on a oneworld flight, but at T5 that's a given (unless someone other than BA or Iberia has moved in!)
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:34 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
A point reported elsewhere for BSL, fast track security is available for CE and for GCH passengers. In fact, it is mandatory. The machines checking your BP will not let you through the normal queue anymore, which can lead to some parties being separated. Fast Track security is not always faster, as there's only one X-Ray machine compared to multiple depending on how busy the other queue is.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
The answer may be somewhere in the thread, but on mobile and search is painful. Can you take a travelling companion/guest through DUB fast track security? I’m OWE in CE, guest no status in ET, same BA flight.

Edit - answering my own question, it was no problem for both to use fast track security.

Last edited by Oaxaca; Mar 12, 2020 at 2:32 pm
Old Oct 1, 2020, 2:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Can anyone confirm that with all the changes at T5 I can still guest a non-status passenger, travelling on the same flight as me, through the First Wing (I'm a GCH)?
Old Oct 1, 2020, 3:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Can anyone confirm that with all the changes at T5 I can still guest a non-status passenger, travelling on the same flight as me, through the First Wing (I'm a GCH)?
yes, guesting rules still apply as normal.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 4:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
yes, guesting rules still apply as normal.
Thank you
Old Oct 1, 2020, 6:44 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I was surprised that to check onto a flight the other day to find that BA doesn't have Priority Check-In arrangements in Edinburgh Airport anymore. Having said that, there was a significant queue at check-in given how many people are checking in bags.

Additionally, was quite disappointed to be served in Club a cold croissant for breakfast that was explicitly past the "use by" date printed on the label...
Old Feb 24, 2021, 8:13 am

Quick questions (I've just found this thread).
At Tel Aviv stating First/Business/sapphire/emerald is enough to get fast track security 'interview', however on several occasions I have been turned away from fast track security bag screening numerous times by staff who say it is for business class pax only (I'm normally travelling Prem Econ), and do not budge when I argue I'm oneworld emerald, equivalent to first class on the ground.

Back in the day fast track security or not could be the difference between one glass of wine or two glasses in the lounge....

I did once email BA about this, and they said that I should be entitled, but are not responsible for variable interpretation of rules on the ground....! Not a great response given they are paying the airports authority to service their pax!

What should one do in this situation (not an immediate issue I know...)?
Old Feb 24, 2021, 10:32 am

Programs: BA, UA, IHG
I assume we're talking about the hand-baggage check which I've gone through TLV many, many times? This business hand baggage check appears to not accept any FF card (I have quite a few supposedly valid cards) whatever the airline is so I don't get how BA thinks that showing a card will work. The last times I went through in Jan and Feb 2020, when they had (re)opened the main queue and at least once it turned out to be quicker through the main queues, because the main queues move much quicker than the business queue. Things have changed with Covid so I've no clue what it will be like going forward.

The best way to follow this up at the airport is to go back to checkin and go to the BA desk that contains the supervisor who normally has been excellent at resolving any airport issue I've had.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 12:32 pm

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Looks like Priority Boarding is back from 21st June 2021. Today's email reminding me of the "VIP experience" if I spend £1,500 mentions: Priority boarding (available from 21 June).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.