Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by paulaf
Thanks I'll ask, yes the lounge does look nice. Do you mean that passport control was after leaving the lounge en route to the gate?
Yes, that's correct. Flights to the UK depart from the non-Schengen gates which require you to go through immigration.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:08 pm

Many thanks for the info. It sounds a bit like Malaga where there is another passport control at the C gates.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
On the ba207 LHR to miami a few days ago. Group boarding enforced. I was surprised by the reduced size of group 1 compared to the mob in groups 2 and 3.

So I enjoyed group 1
Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
T3 departure this evening from Gate 7. No visible priority queue so just joined normal queue for passport and boarding pass check and therefore missed Group 1 and subsequent groups and ended up queueing on airbridge and struggled to find space for bag despite being in CE. So whilst they seemed to enforce the group boarding, that wouldn't have been much use for any priority passengers that didn't turn up early because they, like me, would have been caught in the queue ( unless they barged to the front- which I didn't see) for BP check. So my first BA boarding experience of 2018 has been poor ( and not just the boarding it has to be said).
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:24 am

Flying DUB-LHR-LAX, can I use fast track as IB ow sapphire?
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
T3 departure this evening from Gate 7. No visible priority queue so just joined normal queue for passport and boarding pass check and therefore missed Group 1 and subsequent groups and ended up queueing on airbridge and struggled to find space for bag despite being in CE. So whilst they seemed to enforce the group boarding, that wouldn't have been much use for any priority passengers that didn't turn up early because they, like me, would have been caught in the queue
Interesting. Did you see Group Boarding lanes set up all over T3 for the BA services? The problem at T3 is that entry desk for many gate areas, notably the shorthaul routes by gate 1 to 9. Now there is supposed to be a fast track to the side of gate 7 to allow you to avoid that first queue, it should have been on the far side, with the main queue for the desk on the entry area / near side. Gate 7 is awkward since it is in a corner behind the Emirates lounge so it's probably not the best gate for this, but there should be 2 agents on the entry desk, and one could be used for fast tracking group 1 and 2. Then in the inner gate area the main Group Boarding could take place, I suppose, but I suspect it would be difficult to enforce without a third agent (which there often is in T3 I guess).
Old Jan 27, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Interesting. Did you see Group Boarding lanes set up all over T3 for the BA services? The problem at T3 is that entry desk for many gate areas, notably the shorthaul routes by gate 1 to 9. Now there is supposed to be a fast track to the side of gate 7 to allow you to avoid that first queue, it should have been on the far side, with the main queue for the desk on the entry area / near side. Gate 7 is awkward since it is in a corner behind the Emirates lounge so it's probably not the best gate for this, but there should be 2 agents on the entry desk, and one could be used for fast tracking group 1 and 2. Then in the inner gate area the main Group Boarding could take place, I suppose, but I suspect it would be difficult to enforce without a third agent (which there often is in T3 I guess).
There was another gate/entry point on the far right, but 1) there was no Fast Track Boarding sign, 2) the agent there saw me loiter there as I wondered whether to walk straight up to her or not, and said nothing and gave me no encouragement or indication that it might be FT (so I assumed it wasn't) and 3) the said agent, at the time, seemed to be wandering back to speak to a lady with a buggy and baby that was sat in a " pen" behind her, leaving it unmanned and 4) when she wasn't dealing with mum was processing people from the main queue. Therefore I decided that it wasn't a fast track boarding area and joined the main queue. That said, as I was in the snaking queue two chaps did what I, with hindsight, should have done and marched up to that agent on the far side and got through so you are right it probably was a fast track boarding area, but there was no way of knowing- noting points 1-4 above. I fly from T3 a lot and this is normally not a problem, so hopefully a one off, but it wasn't impressive at all.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 5:09 am

A question on BCN... the wiki says this is on the left main of security. Was I supposed to go right to the far end and around the corner? I went to the left of the queues and ended up in a pretty large queue.

Once I was through security I noticed that there was a very quiet section on the far side, so I'm assuming it was supposed to be that. Signage wasn't great. =/
Old Feb 7, 2018, 5:11 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by RG1X
A question on BCN... the wiki says this is on the left main of security. Was I supposed to go right to the far end and around the corner? I went to the left of the queues and ended up in a pretty large queue.

Once I was through security I noticed that there was a very quiet section on the far side, so I'm assuming it was supposed to be that. Signage wasn't great. =/
BCN fast track is at the left hand end of the terminal but the entrance is easy to miss
Old Feb 7, 2018, 5:20 am

A note to anyone using FCO and trying to find the BA lounge in Terminal 3, Area E; the BA lounge is almost hidden. Go into the E area and walk towards the first gates on the ground floor. There is an Alitalia desk with an airport information desk at the same location. To the left of there is a small corridor with tiny signage indicating the lounge is left, up the stairs.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK *G, Virgin Flying Club, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I was in STR today and wasn’t able to pass through the fast track barrier with an ET electronic boarding pass as a Gold Card holder. There was nobody manning the barrier so just used the normal security which didn’t have much of a queue anyway. I generally fly CE but every time I have flown ET I have never successfully passed an automated fast track security barrier at any outstation. Should this work?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:16 pm

Helsinki

It has been reportteri many times that BA is stingy and not paying for fast track in Helsinki. As a BA Gold travelling BA Club Europe from Helsinki I was prepared to show my AMEX card for fast track security. The person guarding the access asked me to scan the bording pass after which he would swipe the Amex card. We were both surprised that the gate opened immediately after scanning. And it was BA metal and not AY code share. Has anyone else tried the fast track with a BA boarding pass.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by nordic
It has been reportteri many times that BA is stingy and not paying for fast track in Helsinki. As a BA Gold travelling BA Club Europe from Helsinki I was prepared to show my AMEX card for fast track security. The person guarding the access asked me to scan the bording pass after which he would swipe the Amex card. We were both surprised that the gate opened immediately after scanning. And it was BA metal and not AY code share. Has anyone else tried the fast track with a BA boarding pass.
hi,

yes i I have been using fast track (upstairs in the main departure hall) without problem. I’m BA gold and was in CE so not sure which one triggers the gate.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur

There was another gate/entry point on the far right, but 1) there was no Fast Track Boarding sign, 2) the agent there saw me loiter there as I wondered whether to walk straight up to her or not, and said nothing and gave me no encouragement or indication that it might be FT (so I assumed it wasn't) and 3) the said agent, at the time, seemed to be wandering back to speak to a lady with a buggy and baby that was sat in a " pen" behind her, leaving it unmanned and 4) when she wasn't dealing with mum was processing people from the main queue. Therefore I decided that it wasn't a fast track boarding area and joined the main queue. That said, as I was in the snaking queue two chaps did what I, with hindsight, should have done and marched up to that agent on the far side and got through so you are right it probably was a fast track boarding area, but there was no way of knowing- noting points 1-4 above. I fly from T3 a lot and this is normally not a problem, so hopefully a one off, but it wasn't impressive at all.
I think some of the problem is that in the gate 1-7 there isn’t enough priority boarding sign for BA. When I was departing at gate 3 recently one of the agent had to drag it somewhere else.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by TonyVD
I was in STR today and wasn’t able to pass through the fast track barrier with an ET electronic boarding pass as a Gold Card holder. There was nobody manning the barrier so just used the normal security which didn’t have much of a queue anyway. I generally fly CE but every time I have flown ET I have never successfully passed an automated fast track security barrier at any outstation. Should this work?
Same thing happened to me today in Y as BA Silver.
In December it worked fine in J as BA Gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.