Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
It's definitely available to Emerald. Though with some of the clowns working at security in Schiphol I would not get my hopes up of them knowing/caring or being in any way helpful.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by davedior
I would also like to know, more for priority security.

In the WIKI it says ''AMS - Amsterdam Boarding: Yes. Security: Yes, was CE only but now appears to be for Sapphires and above.'' .

So WIKI says Sapphires are allowed through priority security. Anyone has any recent experience with being Sapphire and going through the priority security at AMS with the new central security?
Perhaps not a full response as I usually use Privium to get into the security checkpoint, and usually in Departures 2 (BA use departures 3, but you can use either security channel).

If you are willing to wait until after January 25 I can report back with more specific answers to your situation. From my recollection, there is a document check at the bottom of the stairs which filters priority from non-priority. In departures 2 there is a person who determines if you are let through and in departures 3 I think it's only an automated boarding pass scan.

Departures 2 has an additional automated boarding pass scan at the top of the stairs leading you into the joined Privium/priority waiting area for security. There is no dedicated priority screening facility as anyone can be shown to any of the operating scanners, but you should be front of the queue.

There's a lot of discussion going on in this thread about the devaluation of priority security, and some explanation of the process:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...ional-ams.html

But like I said, I can find out more next week if that's not too late. I have a silver card and am traveling in ET. I can pretend to not have Privium and see if it will let me through; I'd be ending up in the same place anyway. I may not monitor this thread so send me a PM if you would like me to investigate.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
I hope this isn't off-topic

But does LHR T5 only have Fast Track on weekdays? I connect through there a lot on Sat/Sun mornings and am promptly shoved into the same pen as everybody else.

Since I usually travel F I was wondering if I should just "exit" into the UK instead and then use the fast check-in and dedicated security screening for F. Normally I have 3+hrs conx time but don't want to spend most of it in line for security if I do not have to. I have both EU and US passport, if it makes any difference.

Thanks
Old Jan 21, 2017, 2:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
But does LHR T5 only have Fast Track on weekdays? I connect through there a lot on Sat/Sun mornings and am promptly shoved into the same pen as everybody else.
There is Fast Track for International to International connections, it's just isn't that fast. It's open all the time that T5 is open, 7 days a week. [At T5B there isn't a Fast Track, but there wouldn't be a need for it]. However it may look like everyone is in the same pen since normally from the Fast Track entry - by the wall of the hall - all customers are typically shipped around to North Security and you may not be aware of everyone else being shipped out via South Security.

If you have a wander through the relevant connection threads here, and indeed the guide in the Dashboard, you will see that a number of us advocate that those who can use the e-gates are best not to use Flight Connections. There are 24 e-gates at the UK Border and so exit now is typically very swift, it's rarely taken me more than a minute. Therefore going to North Security Fast Track is usually a lot quicker, there's a bit more walking involved, but not much and there is rarely much congestion there. Moreover most of the users of North Security Fast Track are aware of the restrictions on liquids and electronics, which seems to clog Flight Connections security significantly.

If you can't use the e-gates, or it is past 16:00 hrs, then you may as well stick with Flight Connections.

For INT-Domestic/Ireland connections, there's no Fast Track for passports, and no sign of an e-gate going up, though doubtless that will come at some point.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 4:19 am

I can't edit the Wiki so hopefully someone can add this for me.
KBP (Kiev) Boarding: Yes, Security: Yes

Finally managed to get a data point on the security, I hadn't been through in anything other than CE since getting status but the other half just went through fast track security fine as a SCH in ET.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Just some anectodal evidence from my recent trip:

25/1/17 BA2157 LGW->ANU
First day at the south terminal and special assistance followed by Club World rigorously enforced (sorry didn't catch the remainder was in CW)
Fast Track enforced

1/2/17 BA2256 ANU->LGW
Special assistance followed by Golds only followed by Club World rigorously enforced - which was a welcome change after the total bun-fights I remember from the old terminal!
No such thing as fast track in the Caribbean! However CW check in (required for vouchers for the brilliant new lounge) opened first.

Hope this helps
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: Qantas
What about Stansted?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
At Tirana airport I can report that there is priority boarding, although as it is a short bus ride, usually they suggest you wait until the last bus. There is a priority lane for security but it's only benefit is it is shorter - you go directly to the security check rather than zig-zag through the tapes for the rest. BUt its still the same security check at the end. Priority on applies to business passengers though - status cards are not acknowledged.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: British Airways
Thumbs up Fast track through Bridgetown Immigration

Does anybody know if flying into BGI, Barbados in Club provides you with fast track through immigration. I know it can take up to a couple of hours to get through if you arrive just after another full plane.
My hotel is offering a fast-track pass for $50 - but I don't want to spend this if I get it as part of being in Club World (and a Gold level member)
Any help appreciated
Thanks
Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
No it does not.. The added issue is that the Ba flight normally arrives just after the virgin and air canada flights so there is always a queue.

However its normally 20 to 40 minutes at the most (quicker if you hustle of quick sharp) and I have never seen it two hours in 10 trips. The fast track is excellent but its too expensive in my mind and fastrackers wont get thier cases any earlier of course.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by nsewell
Does anybody know if flying into BGI, Barbados in Club provides you with fast track through immigration.
Welcome to Flyertalk nsewell and welcome to the BA forum, it's great to see you here, but I'm sure you are even more pleased to be in BGI! Please continue to participate here, there's lot of good stuff to find here and any experiences you have will be lapped up.

This thread, in the Dashboard, has more information on this topic:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-boarding.html
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
However its normally 20 to 40 minutes at the most (quicker if you hustle of quick sharp) and I have never seen it two hours in 10 trips. The fast track is excellent but its too expensive in my mind and fastrackers wont get thier cases any earlier of course.
On the other hand, air conditioning in the immigration hall is limited, shall we say, and if you're not used to the heat and humidity then even a 20 minute wait can be a very uncomfortable experience. If the preceding flights are so full that the non-Caribbean queue snakes out the back of the immigration hall and out onto the walkway next to the apron, the wait is interminable.

​​​​​​​The worst I've seen it was a 2.5 hour wait in the run up to crop over, albeit I was in Y that time. My last trip in J would have been over an hour's wait but thankfully as we were travelling with an infant we were pulled from the queue after about 40 minutes. My personal cutoff for paying for fast track would be an hour's wait but there's simply no way of knowing in advance what the queue will be like. Travelling in J I don't think it's worth the gamble to pay but in Y it would be different.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:23 pm

At GOT on Sunday we (both BAEC gold) were offered fast track upon scanning of our mobile boarding passes for BA793 which did show fast track. I glanced at the agents terminal we passed and it displayed a fast track notification.

This is a regular route for us and the first time it's been offered.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Is there a difference for fast track security between LHR T5 and T3?

Went through T3 last week in ET with me as a Silver and companion a Bronze. We both scanned BPs at the machine, but both got a "seek assistance" message. I handed both BPs to the agent, and he let us go through, although I noticed a bit of paper on his desk with a OWE symbol, but no OWS symbol. Was he just being generous, or were we actually entitled to fast track?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by Deltus
Is there a difference for fast track security between LHR T5 and T3?
It is the same, I can't explain the Emerald versus Sapphire aspect, T3 should have the same process as T5. The bleep was correct though, the Bronze traveller wouldn't get access except if being guested.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.