Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2016, 1:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Oh and re boarding, we perhaps got there too late to hear any announcements, but it certainly didn't seem like they were enforcing any particular policy. What might have been the priority queue had a trainee at the desk and it was slower than the other queue.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Queuing at Fast Trackless (security) PSA at the moment. Total mare. Arrived an hour early and don't see how I'll make the flight No explanation or solution offered by BA save vague promise that I'll make the flight.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Petrus
Utter shambles last Monday at ARN.
They usually do it well, but this time they announced CE,GOLD,SILV,BRUNZE and all hoi polloi from rows 18 and back... chaos ensued.

Still think it is too much that Bronze get Prio boarding.
Particularly annoying given the lay-out of the gate area, because if you arrive late then you really have no chance of making it through the crowds in my experience.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Shambles at LHR gate A7 LHR-ZRH at 6.25am this morning. Announcement goes out that the flight is very full so not all bags may make it into the cabin.

Priority queue (starting with the usual 5), rapidly turns into a queue of 45 (yes, I counted them). Of course, I thought, they will call CE and Gold first so that will dissipate a little (I was travelling CE).

Then of course CE, G, S, B, OWE, OWS, OWR all called at once. With those who then jumped up from their seats and "filtered" into the existing queue, I was then behind a queue of over 60 people.

I was in row 1 on a full J cash ticket but my (single, small) bag ended up above row 6. Really, really poor....
Old Jul 11, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
BA has stopped paying for fast track at CDg and ORY, but priority boarding still remains
Old Jul 14, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by BA0197
Just a data point for the appropriate persons:

Both myself and my guest enjoyed full OW "Priority" at AMS including checkin, security and boarding when flying Euro Traveller. My Silver seemed to allow everything at AMS now where previously Priority security was restricted to CE.

And what a mess AMS is. And that is possibly the worst BA owned lounge in the system.
Sitting in a quiet AMS lounge while the rest of AMS is a complete zoo today!
Anyway, BA check-in is in Departure hall 3, from there on your way to security you will pass a sign that says Priority Lane. Normally someone will inspect your boarding pass and I always had access while travelling ET with BA Silver status. Today there was no one to check boarding passes and I took the priority lane as I travel in Club Europe. Saves time, albeit that the security checkpoint itself is used by all passengers apparently.

Will be heading to the gate in a few moments and I anticipate a long line for priority boarding but in my (recent) experience the gate agent will once in a while ask those in the priority lane to produce their boarding passes and this can result in politely being asked to leave the queue.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Shambles at LHR gate A7 LHR-ZRH at 6.25am this morning. Announcement goes out that the flight is very full so not all bags may make it into the cabin.

Priority queue (starting with the usual 5), rapidly turns into a queue of 45 (yes, I counted them). Of course, I thought, they will call CE and Gold first so that will dissipate a little (I was travelling CE).

Then of course CE, G, S, B, OWE, OWS, OWR all called at once. With those who then jumped up from their seats and "filtered" into the existing queue, I was then behind a queue of over 60 people.

I was in row 1 on a full J cash ticket but my (single, small) bag ended up above row 6. Really, really poor....
Yep sounds familiar. Load of bollocks isn't it? It's not hard to get this right but clearly BA don't care. Yes it's first world problems, but this is a little thing that would make a lot of difference. It also makes deplaning less efficient, because you have to scramble back to the locker where your bag is etc.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Great_circle
Sitting in a quiet AMS lounge while the rest of AMS is a complete zoo today!
Anyway, BA check-in is in Departure hall 3, from there on your way to security you will pass a sign that says Priority Lane. Normally someone will inspect your boarding pass and I always had access while travelling ET with BA Silver status. Today there was no one to check boarding passes and I took the priority lane as I travel in Club Europe. Saves time, albeit that the security checkpoint itself is used by all passengers apparently.

Will be heading to the gate in a few moments and I anticipate a long line for priority boarding but in my (recent) experience the gate agent will once in a while ask those in the priority lane to produce their boarding passes and this can result in politely being asked to leave the queue.
Boarding in AMS went swift while observing priority quite good (considering it was a full flight). The only thing (bit off topic) I disliked was an Economy passenger who pushed her heavy bag in the overhead bin of row 2 while waiting for the queue in the aisle to proceed. The cabin crew said nothing. When mr 2D arrived he had no space for his bag...
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:58 pm

The BA1370 LHR-MAN at gate A2 this morning. The general boarding arrow was pointing to the priority side and the queue was longer there than the normal zig-zag snake. Many people in there commenting on apparent lack of control and how there was no priority line.

When I got to to the gate I politely asked (with a smile) what had happened to the priority line this morning and the woman came out with a load of bluff about "we only get 17 minutes", "don't to humiliate people by refusing them" and "no one to manage the line" and then "it is what it is". With that I replied "it is what it is eh? I'll have to remember that".

At that point I think she realized what she'd said and then apologized for the boarding shambles (but not for her response) and then said jokingly "I bet you wish you hadn't asked now", to which I responded with a laugh and a "yes" and went on my way.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:15 pm

A bit more detail on SVG priority boarding: CE, Gold and Silver called at the same time. No Bronze (which I'm sure pleased any SCH/GCH FTers loitering at the gate!). It was properly enforced, with the 'normal' queue being held back by another agent.

Usefulness kind of limited by the fact they kept us waiting on the bridge behind a rope.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Virazuno
A bit more detail on SVG priority boarding: CE, Gold and Silver called at the same time. No Bronze (which I'm sure pleased any SCH/GCH FTers loitering at the gate!). It was properly enforced, with the 'normal' queue being held back by another agent.

Usefulness kind of limited by the fact they kept us waiting on the bridge behind a rope
Standard practice for all departures from BGO and SVG, not just BA, I presume it's the ground handling process. The wait can be quite long. As BGO and SVG are rarely full one is best to board last, full overheads is scarcely an issue there.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Silver
In my experience BA does fairly well at managing the priority boarding at home. From airports abroad this begins to fall apart. Most notably for me at CPH which I do maybe 3-5 times every summer. It is one of these gates where they board you but you are held in a waiting room behind. Then they call for priority boarding, but no member of staff stands by the entrance to enforce this, and its not a one-off it is every flight from CPH I've been on.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
First time flying out of LBA last week (horrible place!).

I was helpfully told at check-in that ALL BA passengers get fast track there.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Originally Posted by rsw8
In my experience BA does fairly well at managing the priority boarding at home. From airports abroad this begins to fall apart. Most notably for me at CPH which I do maybe 3-5 times every summer. It is one of these gates where they board you but you are held in a waiting room behind. Then they call for priority boarding, but no member of staff stands by the entrance to enforce this, and its not a one-off it is every flight from CPH I've been on.
+1^^
Old Aug 3, 2016, 4:03 pm

2 weeks ago LHR to AMS on a sunday afternoon, priority queue impossibly long 15 minutes prior to boarding, and a few people already in the general queue. First boarding announcement came for passengers with special needs, followed by a boarding call for Club Europe, gold and silver members at the same time. At this point someone from BA walked down the priority queue to inspect boarding passes of everyone in that queue and he did send people away..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.