Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
The wiki says:
ZAG - Zagreb Boarding: No (bus boarding). Security: No
As I flew from Zagreb on Monday, I was directed to the crew / fast track lane by the security officer checking my boarding pass. I could also take my guest with me. Not that regular security lane was long (around 10 people), but it was a nice surprise. I was travelling in ET with BA EC Silver status.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:20 am

Can't edit the wiki (yet):

BRI - no priority boarding, no fast track security. The place was crazy!
Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
No fast track lane at LGW for BA2277 today, although CW had already boarded by the time I reached the gate 40 mins before departure!
Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Falconflyer Gold, The Ritz-Carlton Silver
Wished to add the following:

BAH Boarding: Yes Security : Yes (including for Bronzes- head to First & Business Class check in at far left of terminal).

PHL Boarding: Yes Security: No
Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thank you for the updates Virazuno and malioil.

Originally Posted by megaloman
As I flew from Zagreb on Monday, I was directed to the crew / fast track lane by the security officer checking my boarding pass.
I've put a note in the wiki about this, I can't say I've seen this happen in my visits to ZAG, there again 10 people in security is a lot for ZAG!

Originally Posted by Lucanesque
No fast track lane at LGW for BA2277 today, although CW had already boarded by the time I reached the gate 40 mins before departure!
This sounds like one of the approx. 5 LGW gates (plus the bus gate portacabin) where they can't do priority boarding: if the gate agents' desk is at the entrance to the seating area with a slope down to the jetty some way off, then trying to offer priority boarding is logistically very difficult, the agents can't even see the slope, so it doesn't happen. For the more conventional gates at LGW then priority boarding is systematically offered.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
This sounds like one of the approx. 5 LGW gates (plus the bus gate portacabin) where they can't do priority boarding: if the gate agents' desk is at the entrance to the seating area with a slope down to the jetty some way off, then trying to offer priority boarding is logistically very difficult, the agents can't even see the slope, so it doesn't happen. For the more conventional gates at LGW then priority boarding is systematically offered.
Doesn't sound like one of those gates - it was gate 561: Walk down the stairs, have passport checked by the G4S people at the bottom of the stairs, then there's a big seating area before the gate agents. Definitely no Fast Track, but boarding was prioritised (CW / BAEC status) and then done by row.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 1:40 pm

PRG is listed as "sometimes" fast track security. How to gauge how long it's likely to take (1:30pm flight to LHR)?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Does anyone know if you can board with a guest in Fast Track (as a Gold member)? If not, what's the success rate among FT members of handing over both passports and BP and being let through (when your companion is a Blue, and you're travelling Y)?

It seems weird that I can check my companion in at the First / business check in desk, take them through fast track security (where available), and even take them in the lounge, but I can't board with them…

Any replies would be gratefully received.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:06 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by richarddd
PRG is listed as "sometimes" fast track security. How to gauge how long it's likely to take (1:30pm flight to LHR)?
PRG security is at the gate, and it tends to open a fair bit of time before boarding will commence. The last time I went there, I arrived at the gate when the incoming aircraft was arriving onto stand, and there was no queue at security and I was straight into the gate area.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
ICN: There is no priority security. However if you are Korean you can use the automated gates and priority security if you register.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Does anyone know if you can board with a guest in Fast Track (as a Gold member)? If not, what's the success rate among FT members of handing over both passports and BP and being let through (when your companion is a Blue, and you're travelling Y)?

It seems weird that I can check my companion in at the First / business check in desk, take them through fast track security (where available), and even take them in the lounge, but I can't board with them…

Any replies would be gratefully received.
The general opinion is that it's fine and basically no-one ever gets turned down.

A few things will be in your favour:
- Handing over both BPs/Passports together and not saying out loud "I have a guest"
- Having your boarding pass on top, so that the initial check they make confirms that you're allowed to be there.
- Only having one or two people with you - if you try to guest a crowd, even on the same booking, it may cause an issue.
- Generally being polite and having 'legally sized' baggage, so that you're quick to process and they can move along.

At the end of the day, your guest has to get on the aircraft at some point and it's probably quicker for them to check the two sets of documents at the same time, rather than as separate passengers 10 minutes apart. So as long as you're organised and polite you should be fine.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Foltan
The general opinion is that it's fine and basically no-one ever gets turned down.

A few things will be in your favour:
- Handing over both BPs/Passports together and not saying out loud "I have a guest"
- Having your boarding pass on top, so that the initial check they make confirms that you're allowed to be there.
- Only having one or two people with you - if you try to guest a crowd, even on the same booking, it may cause an issue.
- Generally being polite and having 'legally sized' baggage, so that you're quick to process and they can move along.
Yes I more or less agree with that, particularly the first two points.

Dicksbits: as I understand it, there is a formal entitlement to guest for check-in, Fast Track and the lounge, but not for Priority Boarding. However particularly if it is one guest and you take the lead then informally I can't see you having any trouble, depending on the airport. LHR and LGW no issue, LCY perhaps not.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by andset1191
PRG security is at the gate, and it tends to open a fair bit of time before boarding will commence. The last time I went there, I arrived at the gate when the incoming aircraft was arriving onto stand, and there was no queue at security and I was straight into the gate area.
There was no queue close to boarding. I edited the wiki to eliminate the reference to fast-track.

Large scrum near the boarding area. Figuring half the flight wasn't priority, we went to the priority sign and got yelled at by someone who claimed half the flight was, in fact, priority and that we were cutting the line. Front of the plane almost empty.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Thank you very much for your replies: I really appreciate it!!!
Old Oct 9, 2015, 10:13 am

The inconsistency at T5 is annoying and goes to show again how poorly implemented BA initiatives are.

Sitting here on 782 at A15 and boarding was a complete joke.
Not even the announcement was correct.

We now would like to Board Club Passengers and members of The Executive...eer... club.
70% rush towards the front.
No wonder one becomes a gate lice at Heathrow!

Grrrr so simple to fix.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.