Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
At CDG tonight not only did they have priority boarding but they actually turned a non status Y pax away from using it!
Old May 26, 2014, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I really wish BA would stump up the fee for BRU for GCH traveling in ET! Depending on the departure time and day the queues can be horrendous. What annoys me is that SN gladly pay for Star Gold whereas LH/LX are only paying for SEN. You would think that BA would do it for GCH or all OWE instead of only CE pax.

SN even used to give out anytime access stickers that I stuck to my SEN card which was a nice benefit.
Old May 26, 2014, 11:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
ORY on the first flight of the day back to LHR "always" enforces priority boarding ( n = 4 in last 6 months!)
Old May 27, 2014, 2:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Jeddah - Bus transfer to the aircraft (no airbridges at all at Jeddah), so no priority boarding and no priority at Security.

Riyadh - Priority board but secondary security check on the airbridge slows boarding down. No priority at the main security/immigration.

List updated
Old May 28, 2014, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Cymro
At CDG tonight not only did they have priority boarding but they actually turned a non status Y pax away from using it!
It's excellent when they do this - this happens at FCO IME, and sometimes at LHR.
Old May 28, 2014, 3:07 pm

If I worked in a job such as those, it would probably be the only good part of the job sending them to the end of the queue. Passiveness and oblivion unfortunately appear to be the norm however with agents...
Old May 28, 2014, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by gw76
If I worked in a job such as those, it would probably be the only good part of the job sending them to the end of the queue. Passiveness and oblivion unfortunately appear to be the norm however with agents...
The handling agents are put under enormous pressure from BA to turn the aircraft around as quickly as possible, so when a non-prioritized passenger inadvertently enters the queue, it's quicker to just process the boarding pass and send the passenger down to the aircraft than to stop the boarding process and send the passenger to the back of the queue.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 12:08 am

Location: Usually LAX or SFO but sometimes MIA in the winter or LCY or PVK in the summer and every now and then SIN or SGN
Programs: in ASM, APL & C++ but never Java
MCO has no fast track security, which can be painful with all the families in line
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
There was a Fast Track sign at the gate for boarding at LIS, however, there was only one queue. I went up to the desk, asked whether Fast Track was in operation, and was invited to have my boarding pass scanned straight away at the head of the queue (Silver in ET).
Old Jun 26, 2014, 12:37 am

My experience at MAD. If in connecting flights, no Fast Track of any sort either at immigration or at security. Both of which are somewhat chaotic, particularly as they're not very orderly even when the crowds aren't too large.

I was flying Iberia Business from EZE via MAD to NCE as a OWE.

For security, having chatted with the person handling the security line (and trying to figure out why/how there was no fast track for a business class passenger who also happens to be emerald), and he said that "upstairs" (where non-connecting passengers are handled) there is. Not certain, but having looked at it on the way to the VIP lounge, I think it would have been better that I go through, out, and in upstairs than deal with the connecting security fiasco.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: ABBA
A couple of weeks ago at MAN I was pleasantly surprised to encounter a separate fast track queue at 142, post facial of course, but saved a fair bit of queuing.

Sadly this wasn't offered at 141 today, so man is still a "yeah right".
Old Sep 22, 2014, 1:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, I'm back!
MUC last night for BA0957, priority boarding board was up but not enforced. Free for all ensued as lots of hungover/still drunk passengers scrambled to get on.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:14 am

Who on earth wrote this about PRG:

PRG - Prague Boarding: Yes. Security: Sometimes (security at gate, there's separate fast track screening lanes but are often closed)

??

PRG does not have security at gate, they have the same system as every European airport (VIE, LIS, AMS, DUB, BCN, MAD, BRU and the list is endless) where they have one main security queue. They have a separate fast track security queue. Once past security, there are no additional metal detectors or individual gate screening.

And my god, why do people deliberately put wrong information here??? This is COMPLETELY FALSE:

VIE - Vienna Boarding: Sometimes, but totally unenforced and often useless due to gate layout and people queueing before announcement. Security: No

Vienna first of all does have priority boarding for F/J and they absolutely have fast track lanes at security control (!!!)

DXB is wrong also. They have a fast track lane for security, at least for transfer pax (have only ever transferred there)

You could add BKK and CJK yes and yes. LPA yes (boarding) no to fast track.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Sep 22, 2014 at 4:44 am Reason: Post merge
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by JamesEaston
Who on earth wrote this about PRG:

PRG - Prague Boarding: Yes. Security: Sometimes (security at gate, there's separate fast track screening lanes but are often closed)

??

PRG does not have security at gate, they have the same system as every European airport (VIE, LIS, AMS, DUB, BCN, MAD, BRU and the list is endless) where they have one main security queue. They have a separate fast track security queue. Once past security, there are no additional metal detectors or individual gate screening.
Oh dear, you've not been to VIE or AMS recently then?

Got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Who on earth wrote this about PRG
And my god, why do people deliberately put wrong information here??? This is COMPLETELY FALSE
DXB is wrong also.
JamesEaston, please do take a deep breath, a sit down and a cup of tea and then feel free to update the wiki to your latest experiences.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.