Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2015, 1:52 pm

Quick question. What time does security open in T5 in the morning, fast-track or otherwise. I've got an early 725am flight in a couple of weeks, and I'll be arriving to the airport about 330/4am?

Simon.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 2:30 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Quick question. What time does security open in T5 in the morning, fast-track or otherwise. I've got an early 725am flight in a couple of weeks, and I'll be arriving to the airport about 330/4am?
05:00 hrs. Sometimes a few minutes before, sometimes a few minutes after. You can't check in any bags until 05:00 hrs either. You can arrive at T5 for 06:30 quite safely for that flight, if you prefer. I think they open the departures area around 04:30 hrs, before that you can camp out downstairs in Arrivals, where the café stays open 24 hrs. I think they deliberately make it uncomfortable to be there, they certainly don't encourage people to overnight at T5.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, AS Gold, SPG Gold, Emerald Club
Flying the following next year:

Depart: ORD-LHR-CPH
Return: AMS-LHR-ORD

All of that will be on BA metal, outside of my domestic connection here in the states. We'll be in J on the Departure and F on the return. Based on what I've read in this thread, should we be looking for fast track both ways through LHR?

Also, can we hope/expect anything similar in AMS?

Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 2015, 10:02 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Hopefully a positive update for this thread, the new general 'PRIORITY/FAST TRACK' security search at AMS (just after check in as opposed to at the gate areas) certainly accepts One World Emerald (at least I'm not sure about Sapphire). Been through on a couple of trips and just had a glance at the BP and 'EMERALD, please come through'. This was when booked in economy so assume club gets the same priority as the security lanes are marked as such.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 1:28 am

I don't think I can edit the wiki yet, so here's an update for OPO:

Travelling economy, but as BA Gold with Airnostrum / Iberia:

In order to use the Fast Track line (which was the fastest Fast Track I've even been in!), the check-in clerk needed to attach a small bar code to my boarding pass, which the Fast Track clerk needed to scan.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
05:00 hrs. Sometimes a few minutes before, sometimes a few minutes after. You can't check in any bags until 05:00 hrs either. You can arrive at T5 for 06:30 quite safely for that flight, if you prefer. I think they open the departures area around 04:30 hrs, before that you can camp out downstairs in Arrivals, where the café stays open 24 hrs. I think they deliberately make it uncomfortable to be there, they certainly don't encourage people to overnight at T5.
Just out of interest, is it possible to overnight at Heathrow if in transit? Like arriving late at night and departing after 6am? Or does that not count as a transit if it's the next day?
Old Oct 30, 2015, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HarryKUK
Just out of interest, is it possible to overnight at Heathrow if in transit? Like arriving late at night and departing after 6am? Or does that not count as a transit if it's the next day?
T5 airside is not open overnight

You will not be able to go airside on arrival at T5 without a same day boarding pass (even arrivals from domestic destinations are checked).

Now that T1 is closed, I think all of LHR airside is closed overnight.

Your bag can be checked through on an overnight, but you will have to go landside somewhere.

I believe some special arrangements are made for IRROP'd pax without leave to enter the UK.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 12:41 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Just a data point for the appropriate persons:

Both myself and my guest enjoyed full OW "Priority" at AMS including checkin, security and boarding when flying Euro Traveller. My Silver seemed to allow everything at AMS now where previously Priority security was restricted to CE.

And what a mess AMS is. And that is possibly the worst BA owned lounge in the system.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 12:00 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
OTP this week:

- No priority security but when I was there the area wasn't crowded at all
- Separate line for boarding premium passengers at the gate. General boarding with an agent on the right side, premium on the left side with a second agent. I got down after boarding had started and the lines were still there.

Last edited by CMK10; Jan 1, 2016 at 3:08 pm Reason: Typo
Old Dec 31, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
On Monday leaving ZRH there was a staff member looking at boarding passes in the Business/First security line. This time I was in IB Business, but on both Niki and BA in Y in the past my boarding passes have been marked 'PRIORITY' as a BAEC SCH, and I've been able to use the Business/First line.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OTP does not have priority security facilities
Old Jan 2, 2016, 12:10 am

Programs: Dormicum Gold, DVM lifetime, AWS platinum, EC/MM
Originally Posted by greg5
On Monday leaving ZRH there was a staff member looking at boarding passes in the Business/First security line. This time I was in IB Business, but on both Niki and BA in Y in the past my boarding passes have been marked 'PRIORITY' as a BAEC SCH, and I've been able to use the Business/First line.
If there are too man pax in ZRH and you are flying in Y, just go along the security desks to the escalator. Usually they direct you upwards BUT there are also security checks DOWNstairs. So go down there, much better!
Old Jan 2, 2016, 12:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Transferred LHR T5 to T3 on 30th December, this was into the new security area, and was refused fast track security, despite it being clearly marked on my BP. The lady at the podium flatly refused me access despite being shown my pass and repeatedly told me fast track was for first and business class pax.
The other area was precricallybempty so I went through. I did find a supervisor on the other side and whilst he did apologise, he did not appear to be that interested.
On exit there was BA CS desk, I told them but was again greeted with apathy.

Have I got this wrong??
Old Jan 2, 2016, 1:57 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by BAfromZRH
If there are too man pax in ZRH and you are flying in Y, just go along the security desks to the escalator. Usually they direct you upwards BUT there are also security checks DOWNstairs. So go down there, much better!
Good to remember. That's pretty rare though, and I find that the difference between the Priority and Economy line to be about 2 minutes anyways. ZRH is usually very efficient and professional. I can't remember the last time that it took more than 5 minutes even in economy w/o status. It might be because the Kapo runs security, so we have actual police officers staffing the search. And, if they do a good job, they get promoted out of airport security. ^
Old Jan 2, 2016, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by zanderblue
Transferred LHR T5 to T3 on 30th December, this was into the new security area, and was refused fast track security, despite it being clearly marked on my BP. The lady at the podium flatly refused me access despite being shown my pass and repeatedly told me fast track was for first and business class pax.
The other area was precricallybempty so I went through. I did find a supervisor on the other side and whilst he did apologise, he did not appear to be that interested.
On exit there was BA CS desk, I told them but was again greeted with apathy.

Have I got this wrong??
Was there a BP scanner and did the podium lady use it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.