Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2016, 5:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by zanderblue
Transferred LHR T5 to T3 on 30th December, this was into the new security area, and was refused fast track security, despite it being clearly marked on my BP.
The HAL agent got it wrong, you do have Fast Track entry. BA may even pay for it (not sure in respect of T3 Flight Connections however). It was probably a one off, there will be loads of Silvers going this way over the next few months so hopefully there won't be a reoccurence, and fortunately slow track wasn't slow.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by richarddd
Was there a BP scanner and did the podium lady use it?
No she did not have a scanner. I asked to read the wording on my BP, but she refused and directed me towards the right hand side of x Ray machines.
To be honest, the whole place looked like it might have opened too soon. The floor was uneven and bare at the entrance and the security office on the far wall looked rather Jerry built.
Anyway, good to know if was only a poorly trained and poorly supervised security agent and not another enhancement..
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
The T3 FCC is currently a temporary building whilst the existing FCC is demolished and a new permanent one is built in its place No excuse for incorrect Fast Track policing, however.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Does anyone know if there is Fast Track Security at BGI (Bridgetown)?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 7:08 pm

An update on MAD.

My experience as a Silver was no-questions-asked fast track for both me, and a guest. So not just Gold and CE as the wiki mentions.

The fast track people check that your BP is stamped with 'fast track' at the check-in desk.

Got BPs from the desk, and both stamped with fast track without any effort required from me. So if you're a Silver/need a guest, just get BPs printed and stamped at the desk. Simples.

Also must mention that the fast track experience at MAD is superb, totally separate area, and much quicker than normal security.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LHR staff continue to not give a sh*t.

'Can we invite our PREMIUM customers to board now' was the announcement for LHR-EDI yesterday.

That was it. I knew this was coming, as I overhead the staff discuss starting General and Priority at the same time but PREMIUM pax were considered favourably. I guess she had taken the "use premium language" claptrap literally.

This was clearly also a "RED" flight for hand baggage but yet so many bags were not "ready to fly". I saw only a handful of HBO stickers on handbags that could even have come from connections/previous flights. There were a considerable number of bags tagged onboard and we pushed back late as it took so long.

The Eurofleet crew member's shoes were falling apart, his shoes had holes in the heel and through the leather... it greatly amused my friend and I because I am sure MF would be in for a "snapshot" and that might also cover the VERY loud discussion they were having before pushback about £1.3bn profits and only £700 being given? It was so loud I thought the Captain was shouting at someone -which is how it got my attention, but it was just the crew amongst themselves...

So "PREMIUM".
Old Mar 6, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Couldn't see KBP on the list for Europe so just wanted to pass on my experiences from yesterday (5th March 2016)

Fast Track Boarding was enforced well with a dedicated channel.

Security 'Fast Line' as it was called is dependent on you getting a Business Lounge pass from check in. Worth stopping by the desk even if you've checked in online and are HBO, as you can't get in the lounge without it either. Very quick at x-ray and passport control after you have the pass though.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 3:14 am

Flew Club Europe on BA 759 from BGO yesterday. No queue at Fast track security at 5pm (2 hours before departure).

Priority boarding was ridiculous though. There must have been 40 people all jostling for position. I was expecting the staff to invite priority boarders to come forward in stages, e.g Club Europe first but it just ended up being a free for all.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 4:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jaf56
Flew Club Europe on BA 759 from BGO yesterday. No queue at Fast track security at 5pm (2 hours before departure).

Priority boarding was ridiculous though. There must have been 40 people all jostling for position. I was expecting the staff to invite priority boarders to come forward in stages, e.g Club Europe first but it just ended up being a free for all.
Welcome to Flyertalk jaf56, and thank you for sharing your experienced at Bergen. It's actually a small and efficient airport so I hope this didn't jar too much for you. Welcome on board and I hope you will continue to post here.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 5:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; M&M FT
MUC: In light of a quite horrendous queue at security (T1 is really operating above capacity atm) I asked the check-in agent whether fast-track security was available - to which she replied: "Yes, but only for Club Europe customers, not Gold/Silver members like you". In disbelief, I simply walked up to the agent operating Fast Track, who waived me through, no questions asked.

I do wonder about this rule, however: was the check-in agent right?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by BAMuc
MUC: In light of a quite horrendous queue at security (T1 is really operating above capacity atm) I asked the check-in agent whether fast-track security was available - to which she replied: "Yes, but only for Club Europe customers, not Gold/Silver members like you". In disbelief, I simply walked up to the agent operating Fast Track, who waived me through, no questions asked.

I do wonder about this rule, however: was the check-in agent right?
Fasttrack security for status holders is certainly not universal, if that's what you mean? It's a relatively common occurrence for it to be kept for the upper cabins only - just look at the Wiki to see that.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
The usual disastrous boarding at DUS earlier this week. Priority lane in place with correct signage, all priority called at once, whole aircraft lines up and tries to board with no enforcement from the gate agents

Fast Track security was in place, although also seemingly not enforced.

Wiki updated.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
LCY Fast Track Boarding Question

Travelling through LCY tomorrow, flying economy to Dublin. I'm Gold, t'other half is Blue - two questions:
1) Do I get fast track boarding if I'm travelling economy?
2) Assuming I can, can he come with me on the back of my gold card?
Old Apr 5, 2016, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; M&M FT
Originally Posted by Foltan
Fasttrack security for status holders is certainly not universal, if that's what you mean? It's a relatively common occurrence for it to be kept for the upper cabins only - just look at the Wiki to see that.
The wiki reads a bit ambiguous:

"Fast Track Security is generally offered by BA for passengers travelling in First, Club World, Club Europe and Business UK and Gold/oneworld Emerald (+1 guest) and Silver/oneworld Sapphire (+1 guest) members. This is a published benefit at LHR, LGW and JFK, but in practice is experienced as below."

My reading would be that it's all-or-nothing; but is there a chance that BA at MUC for example does fast-track security for CE but not for Gold/Silver?
Old Apr 5, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
KRK has introduced a Fast Track lane at security

Initially use was very very restricted to Business class passengers I think with LH an LO. There is now a sign indicating it is open to OneWorld Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby(Ruby except Finnair)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.