Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2014, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC
I was in Venice 3 weeks ago, fast track security and priority boarding for CE was available.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 4:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, HH Gold
MAD - Flew back from Madrid on Thursday into LCY. Was informed at the security fast track that this service is only for IB elites (No BA or other OW emeralds) on BA services. If you're on an IB operated service (with IB Boarding pass), then they will let you through as an Emerald. The lady was kind enough to let me through, but frankly I'm dismayed that BA haven't fixed this for their flights/elites from MAD T4 - especially considering it is effectively a OW terminal.

Later checked on OneWorld.com to see if there was anything mentioned and it noted that FastTrack security at MAD T4 is for IB and AA operated flights (with IB or AA boarding pass). No mention of BA at all.

Fasttrack gate boarding turned into a bit of a free for all (I guess it was due to the fact it was a LCY flight)

Amusing point was when a German traveller stormed up to the gate counter demanding that he was given the names of the "incompetent" fast track security woman so she could be "fired" as she would not let him through security fast track (He was AB elite). Gate staff tried to calm him down and we later boarded... Then he started on the crew complaining stating that as an elite he could not understand why CE was empty and he was in ET having to share a row. After a complaint form as issued, crew did best to please the arrogant traveller and upped him to CE!

Maybe a lesson there... Frankly I'd rather be the nice guy sat in ET, than the DYKWIA in CE...!
Old Nov 1, 2014, 5:11 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by Britsinvade
and upped him to CE!

This is not on, I hope you issue a complaint.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: BA LTG, Defender of the turnip.
I've noticed at CPH that although they might start out by inviting CE passengers to board first, they inevitably invite Gold/Silver/Bronze passengers immediately afterwards pretty much before you have any chance of getting to the jetway entrance. Net results is that you just get stuck in the huddle with (what seems like) half of the rest of the passengers anyway.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 7:55 am
Suspended

Do you guys know when the FASTTRACK wording was added to boarding pass? I just printed boarding pass after online check-in at home and surprised to see FASTTRACK was printed on the BP. London departure.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
Couple of observations from my LIS trip - boarding for the flight at T3 on Sunday was an absolute shambolic free for all - I think that's because the BP check is before a holding lounge rather than at the jetway. In LIS today, priority boarding was strictly enforced...although it was a bus gate so the mad rush happened at the air stairs...
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:55 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TheBaps
I've noticed at CPH that although they might start out by inviting CE passengers to board first, they inevitably invite Gold/Silver/Bronze passengers immediately afterwards pretty much before you have any chance of getting to the jetway entrance. Net results is that you just get stuck in the huddle with (what seems like) half of the rest of the passengers anyway.
For me at CPH the other day, there was no Fast Track attempt at all. It was just a free for all, and I was one of the last on.

I had the pleasures of listening to a silver whitter on all down the airbridge about how entitled he was.

Not as enjoyable as the Bronze at Glasgow who asked me to sit down and wait for my turn at boarding, as it was 'only Fast Track'.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by andset1191
at CPH the other day, there was no Fast Track attempt at all. It was just a free for all
That's my experience at CPH too. They half-heartedly announce priority boarding once in the pen, but there's no attempt to police it, and no separate line.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 2:57 pm

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Only just found this thread - was in Salzburg last weekend. I didn't know there was no priority boarding, so just waited - and ended up right at the back of the queue. Yes it may be a bus, but there are two busses, and I would have liked to have been in the first one. Luckily the flight wasn't full, so there was still space in the overhead bins.

To put salt into the wound - Ryanair managed to do priority boarding on their flight.

A question - Mrs BBA is going to Rotterdam this weekend. RTM isn't listed in the WIKI, so is there priority boarding there?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
I forgot about this thread! Qs: mia security is showing as no fasttrack, i think that is only for connections where not usually offered but have seen it briefly appear in the 'new' connections hall in the past. There is fasttrack (and precheck) at the security check points by the premium aa checking desks in D. Im sure E still has a fasttrack lane as well where most ba nonconnections will go through unless it has changed again as mia so often does....
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:26 pm

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 5:20 pm
Old Dec 9, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Small data point. No Priority Boarding at SOF yesterday. This was at Gate C1 which is the type which has a scan/check point, then a holding area, then no further check or queue system until you board.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver, Flying Blue Zilch, East Coast Rewards Lots&lots, Miles & More nada
Another small data point. I could not see any fast track at security/passport control at ATH this week. There have been some changes since I was last through there some time last year (for instance, security now happened after passport checks and before the lounge, as opposed to after.)

I also saw no evidence of fast track boarding for anyone. I went from the lounge pretty much as soon as boarding was announced and arrived to find boarding taking place strictly by row number.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Mildly OT but as a OWS I benefited from well organised and properly enforced fast track boarding on 4 recent LAN Argentina and LAN Chile flights. They also keep the overhead luggage bins in their equivalent of CE closed during boarding to stop pax seated elsewhere from dumping their bag in them.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
CDG 'Access no1' immigration and security worked well earlier this week, although the security line just plonks you at the front of the queue rather than providing a dedicated lane.

Fast Track boarding at CDG is the usual farce, with 50% of the aircraft having Fast Track access and all CE/Emerald/Sapphire/Ruby queueing separately and processed at once. The Fast Track lane was boarded ahead of the General Boarding lane, however, as is usual practice at LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.