Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And just to clarify on the PRG side: for all the entries, it's not about gate security, it is about the security that gets you airside. We're not so interested in transfer security either, it's more about the experience when starting a point to point journey. I don't think I put the PRG information in, but I have certainly been at PRG when fast track for BA857 was simply not available since only one line was open, which is in line with the wiki details. It's also not the presence of fast track per se, it's whether a BA customer can use it at the time of BA flight, bearing in mind in the case of PRG that could easily be 06:00 hrs or indeed 19:30 hrs. I also didn't put the VIE information in, but I've certainly had a simple "all boarding" announcement at the gate, your experience may well be more recent perhaps.

But yes, by all means alter the wiki from your own experiences.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
JamesEaston, please do take a deep breath, a sit down and a cup of tea
Yeah I suppose I did seem a bit on edge

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Oh dear, you've not been to VIE or AMS recently then?

Got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?
Was at both airports last month. Both have fast track security and priority boarding

Sorry about the attitude , not wrong side of the bed, just came across this and was surprised by how much false info

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I have certainly been at PRG when fast track for BA857 was simply not available since only one line was open, which is in line with the wiki details. It's also not the presence of fast track per se, it's whether a BA customer can use it at the time of BA flight, bearing in mind in the case of PRG that could easily be 06:00 hrs or indeed 19:30 hrs.
I'm still confused by this, and maybe it's because Terminal 1 (non-Schengen) has a completely different system then Terminal 2 (Schengen only). At T2 to get airside there is a single area for security control, with a separate entrance for fast track. At T2 there is absolutely no security control at individual gates like for example at SIN. Will try to edit the "wiki" but never did that before

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Sep 22, 2014 at 4:45 am Reason: Post merge
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:27 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by JamesEaston
Was at both airports last month. Both have fast track security and priority boarding

Sorry about the attitude , not wrong side of the bed, just came across this and was surprised by how much false info
I flew AMS-LHR last week. I don't recall any fast track security for BA passengers (at least status passengers), but there was fast track boarding. There was no queue for security though so I might have missed it.

This wasn't the at-gate security that used to be there, part of the pier security (which from what I can tell makes AMS back-to-backs a doddle - no security whatsoever)

Massive queue for boarding, and fast track was very much appreciated.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:33 am

Oh my, it seems an epic fail on my part. This is a BA thread , gosh I'm sorry.

It was on the FT home page earlier as simply a "fast track" wiki so I ASSumed it was not specific to BA.

Apologies to all you BA flyers if I've fummed things up
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:47 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Oh my, it seems an epic fail on my part. This is a BA thread , gosh I'm sorry.

It was on the FT home page earlier as simply a "fast track" wiki so I ASSumed it was not specific to BA.

Apologies to all you BA flyers if I've fummed things up
Not to worry, I think you may have identified a trap with the title. I shall go and edit the title to add "BA" to it.

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA forum
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by paulwuk
I flew AMS-LHR last week. I don't recall any fast track security for BA passengers (at least status passengers), but there was fast track boarding. There was no queue for security though so I might have missed it.
It is a bit hidden, the sign for it is a few metres down corridor from the entry point, so any text-walkers will typically miss it. It is on the left hand side as you go in, but as you indicate it's not always useful when things are moving smoothly: one massive advantage of the current set up is that you don't get a wadge of people waiting when security staff turn up for the flight.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Priority boarding was called at OSL for my flight today (cue large man with several status tags on his two large pieces of hand luggage clutching a USA passport walking to the front of the already formed fast track queue because clearly he was the only/most important status pax on the flight!) but we were held on the bridge. I recall this happening in November last year on my last visit too.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
And my god, why do people deliberately put wrong information here??? This is COMPLETELY FALSE:

VIE - Vienna Boarding: Sometimes, but totally unenforced and often useless due to gate layout and people queueing before announcement. Security: No

Vienna first of all does have priority boarding for F/J and they absolutely have fast track lanes at security control (!!!)
Oi! I put that there. I'm from Vienna and fly BA from and to VIE quite a fair bit, so I dare say I have a good idea of what goes on there - but apology accepted

To reiterate, BA leaves from the D gates in VIE, where there is security right at the gate (individually for each gate) and absolutely no fast track security whatsoever full stop. FT boarding is usually announced but never enforced, and impossible anyway given the gate layout. I'm changing the wiki back to reflect this.

There is FT security and boarding for OS/*A flights from the new *A terminal, which I presume you experienced, as well as for some other airlines leaving from the older terminal building.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
Priority boarding was called at OSL for my flight today (cue large man with several status tags on his two large pieces of hand luggage clutching a USA passport walking to the front of the already formed fast track queue because clearly he was the only/most important status pax on the flight!) but we were held on the bridge. I recall this happening in November last year on my last visit too.
Yes, this happens at BGO and SVG too, so it's a Norwegian (and Spanish) quirk. One gets held back at a rope half way down the air bridge, and it can be quite a long wait until boarding actually commences.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
I'm still confused by this, and maybe it's because Terminal 1 (non-Schengen) has a completely different system then Terminal 2 (Schengen only). At T2 to get airside there is a single area for security control, with a separate entrance for fast track. At T2 there is absolutely no security control at individual gates like for example at SIN. Will try to edit the "wiki" but never did that before
Well, UK flights in PRG are always from non-Schengen T1, so one common security control at T2 is irrelevant for BA flights
Otherwise you are right.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 2:07 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Flew out from PMI (Palma) last week, we were upgraded to CE so cannot tell you whether this applies to Gold / Silver or just business.

Priority check-in is present and was eventually enforced. This includes Golds / Silvers.

Fast track security: available for CE

Priority boarding: unknown (we were one of the last on the plane which went for boarding to final call in the time it took us to walk from the lounge)
Old Sep 25, 2014, 2:26 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by csutter
Oi! I put that there. I'm from Vienna and fly BA from and to VIE quite a fair bit, so I dare say I have a good idea of what goes on there - but apology accepted

To reiterate, BA leaves from the D gates in VIE, where there is security right at the gate (individually for each gate) and absolutely no fast track security whatsoever full stop. FT boarding is usually announced but never enforced, and impossible anyway given the gate layout. I'm changing the wiki back to reflect this.

There is FT security and boarding for OS/*A flights from the new *A terminal, which I presume you experienced, as well as for some other airlines leaving from the older terminal building.
As a regular VIE user on BA I can confirm that the above is correct. In fact the queue for security can be quite long and I get the impression they are often still processing people through security when boarding has commenced. For that reason it is hard to judge when to leave the lounge, which is only a 30 second walk away, because if you are in Y you want to be on as quickly as possible, but often that will be impossible because you are snarled in security, and if you leave it very late, then the cabin will be full up and overhead lockers full. I prefer the D gates to the left, where you have a separate Mini-central security screening area, but have not departed from one of those in ages. Overall, VIE is not great!
Old Oct 4, 2014, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Silver
New restrictions at MAN?

Mrs fripperies (Blue) flying CE with me this morning denied entry to fast track security lane at MAN. Mrs f pointed out she is flying CE. Doesn't count! I pointed out I am Gold and said she was my guest. Doesn't count!

Well we're on holiday and I'm not going to sour the mood by arguing the toss with a grumpy lady but surely she was wrong. Wasn't she?
Old Oct 4, 2014, 4:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by fripperies
Mrs fripperies (Blue) flying CE with me this morning denied entry to fast track security lane at MAN. Mrs f pointed out she is flying CE. Doesn't count! I pointed out I am Gold and said she was my guest. Doesn't count!

Well we're on holiday and I'm not going to sour the mood by arguing the toss with a grumpy lady but surely she was wrong. Wasn't she?
So, if nether CE passengers not Gold card holders are not eligible, who is?
Old Oct 4, 2014, 4:33 am

Programs: ABBA
If you'd gone to check in they should have given you fastlane stickers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.