Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by SxMan
I’ve just read the wiki and realise that my last experience at Salzburg is not the same.

My ET/Gold boarding pass would not operate the fast/ track security gate, but there was hardly any queue at the usual check. So, no. This is with the new security gates, whereas fast track used to be a completely separate access.
I’m at Salzburg now can can confirm witnessing the fast track security scanner at Salzburg rejecting BA gold members flashing the gold coloured boarding passes on their phones. I’m in the normal queue and seeing a few of them in a huff complaining at staff who say BA members don’t get fast track unless in business class. Some BA Gold members then sneakily push in at the front of the normal queue (which is about 20-30 min long this morning)
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Lidl Plus
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
An article last week in Turning Left for Less said there was FT security at TFS. Can anyone else confirm?
There definitely is a fast track at TFS, however, we had an odd experience there a couple of weeks ago.

CE paper boarding pass was endorsed with 'FASTTRACK'. Showed this to the person staffing the line who initially tried to send us to the normal queue, then when we pointed out 'FASTTRACK' on the boarding pass agreed we could use it. But when she scanned them it came up red so we got sent to the normal queue anyway. No big drama, it was fairly quick in any case, but I'm still none the wiser about whether we should have been allowed through the FT or not.

Off-topic, but TFS security was a strange experience. The OH and I ended up in different lanes, the officer scanning on my lane couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful. The officer scanning on the OH's lane seemed to be taking great delight in being as obstructive as possible. She was looking for the tiniest excuse to send people to the back of the queue to try again. I've never seen someone openly take so much obvious pleasure in making other people's lives difficult, and I've been through plenty of TSA lines in my time.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 8:30 am

Programs: DL GM, AA PLT.
Newly-minted OWS. Do I get fast track at MAN flying in ET?

Thank you.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 11:47 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
yes you should do. also it should say "Fast track" on your mobile bp.
rpjepson likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.