Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2016, 6:21 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by BAMuc
The wiki reads a bit ambiguous:

"Fast Track Security is generally offered by BA for passengers travelling in First, Club World, Club Europe and Business UK and Gold/oneworld Emerald (+1 guest) and Silver/oneworld Sapphire (+1 guest) members. This is a published benefit at LHR, LGW and JFK, but in practice is experienced as below."

My reading would be that it's all-or-nothing; but is there a chance that BA at MUC for example does fast-track security for CE but not for Gold/Silver?
MUC accepts Gold and Silver members for fast track. Tried and tested.
Old May 20, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: BA Silver Card
I've just received an email from BA extolling the virtues of my Gold card:

"Your Gold/oneworld Emerald benefits:

- Priority first class or business class check-in
- Extra baggage allowance
- Fast Track at security lanes
- Priority boarding
- Preferred seating
- Lounge access"

One of my pet peeves is no security fast track at Budapest, because BA (allegedly) won't pay for it. Fast track security was never a published Gold benefit, as far as I can see.

So, armed with this email, let's see if I can encourage BA to relent and pay for Budapest fast track in the future.
Old May 23, 2016, 10:58 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by FrancisA
Thanks.

Never had anyone stamp my BP with PRIORITY at SFO, even travelling in F. I take it this is not a new thing?
I want to revisit this as we will be flying BA J out of SFO on Thursday. As well, we are both OWE (AA EXP).

Are there still Priority security lanes at SFO for International Terminal A side? If so, will we be able to go there straightaway with print-at-home BPs if we don't stop at the check-in desk?

Also, there is a not in the Wiki about boarding from the lounge. Is this still the case?

Cheers.
Old May 23, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Hello brp,

your J boarding pass will get you sent to the priorty lane after you show your pass to the "greeters" at the screening area.

Boarding from the lounge used to be the norm when the plane being served was a 747. I know that the 380's are not loaded from the lounge for F/J passengers. No idea/ experience what happens when its a 777.
Old May 23, 2016, 2:21 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tattikat2
Hello brp,

your J boarding pass will get you sent to the priorty lane after you show your pass to the "greeters" at the screening area.

Boarding from the lounge used to be the norm when the plane being served was a 747. I know that the 380's are not loaded from the lounge for F/J passengers. No idea/ experience what happens when its a 777.
Thanks for that. I called BA to find out at first, and the response was a very unsatisfying "we don't participate in TSA." And that was the extent of it.

This was a 747 when booked. Likely still is, so there's a possibility, it seems.

Cheers.
Old May 28, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: ex BD(LG),HH(D),SPG(P)/(LG), BA(G)
Just flown OSL-LHR in Y as a GCH, and NO security fast track was on offer - was told 'only business'. Thankfully there was an empty security lane which the main 'normal' security queue had missed so we got through very quickly. Priority boarding at the gate was well organised and effective.

Got to LHR and was quicker to NOT use the fast track at T3 transfers...

Last edited by Only1BD; May 28, 2016 at 3:36 am
Old May 28, 2016, 5:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Didn't have a chance to read the whole post but BRU has a massive brand new security hall that handles all passenger airport security. The fast track lanes are on the far right, and since you arrive into the security hall on the far right, they are the first channels you see.
Old May 29, 2016, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I've just been through fast track security in VCE (BA Y, GCH). Someone noted it was available upthread in 2014, but the wiki says no. Can (yes, just)/should I update it? (He asked tentatively.)
Old May 29, 2016, 8:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by boutela
I've just been through fast track security in VCE (BA Y, GCH). Someone noted it was available upthread in 2014, but the wiki says no. Can (yes, just)/should I update it? (He asked tentatively.)
Yes you should. You need 90 posts and 90 days membership to amend a wiki, but they are intended to be crowd-sourced input. Don't worry too much if you make a mistake, not that it is likely to be an issue here, someone else would probably tidy it up if necessary.
Old May 29, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes you should. You need 90 posts and 90 days membership to amend a wiki, but they are intended to be crowd-sourced input. Don't worry too much if you make a mistake, not that it is likely to be an issue here, someone else would probably tidy it up if necessary.
And done.

Thanks for humouring my tentativeness.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 7:32 am

Programs: BA CCR, CX Gold
I'll be flying out from LHR on ET. Since I am switching from CX to BA, I am currently a Blue member with BA and Gold with CX (Sapphire), do they normally grant fast track security if I am holding the CX membership while being Blue member on the system?

Thank you!
Old Jun 10, 2016, 10:34 am

Utter shambles last Monday at ARN.
They usually do it well, but this time they announced CE,GOLD,SILV,BRUNZE and all hoi polloi from rows 18 and back... chaos ensued.

Still think it is too much that Bronze get Prio boarding.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:04 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Petrus
Utter shambles last Monday at ARN.
They usually do it well, but this time they announced CE,GOLD,SILV,BRUNZE and all hoi polloi from rows 18 and back... chaos ensued.

Still think it is too much that Bronze get Prio boarding.
So the first call was:

Everyone in Club Europe e.g. rows 1- approx 6
Everyone from row 18 to the back
Everyone in the rows in between who are Gold, Silver or Bronze.

Was there anyone left?
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:12 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by johnny147
I'll be flying out from LHR on ET. Since I am switching from CX to BA, I am currently a Blue member with BA and Gold with CX (Sapphire), do they normally grant fast track security if I am holding the CX membership while being Blue member on the system?
The gates won't let you through fast track, but if you show the card to the staff agent, then they should let you through, particularly at T5.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 1:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
MLA - flying CE came with fast track security and got us access into the lounge.

We had to get a Valette card from check-in (entry was refused without it), which got us into fast track security and the Valette lounge. We tried to get the card another way as we were there before check-in opened, but no luck.

The annoying part was having to queue for the card at check-in as we had already OLCI and it was a shambles with four queues for three desks, two of which were misnamed, with predictable consequences.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.