Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2014, 3:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by visualAd
I have been able to use YYZ fast track when I was travelling in First. Maybe its just not available to status passengers.
There is fast track for security at Toronto. It's inconsistent because the queue manager needs to spot the entitlement and find a suitable channel.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 3:43 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's difficult to argue with that photo, but I'm going to try: I use T5 Flight Connections multiple times each week, I've never seen a queue anywhere near that length. Two people is more realistic. T5 is not a bad place to transfer.
I agree, C-W-S, I use T5 connections at least weekly and have never seen it like that. It's usually empty as you said. It was obviously a bad weather day or there was some other particular problem. While the camera never lies, I'm amazed, Hillrider, that you can make such a sweeping generalization based on a specific incident. While that wasn't security, I suggest you try EZE sometime when there is one security channel open and 4-5 international flights about to leave!
Old Jan 11, 2014, 3:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I was on a MH A380 today from KUL-HKG and their boarding consisted of someone shouting "we're boarding now" and a free for all.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 4:12 am

Programs: BAEC, FB, QANTAS, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, AVIS Preferred, MRAeS
Originally Posted by visualAd
I have been able to use YYZ fast track when I was travelling in First. Maybe its just not available to status passengers.
Yes there is one there. Came through last week in CW and there was a sign next to it saying American Express card holders only.

No problem though as there was no one in the other queue
Old Jan 11, 2014, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
YYC (Calgary) - there is priority security but its fairly poorly signed/confusing and the normal queue snakes out so can be a bit "daunting" to just slide up the side. Had to persuade the security guy that Club World meant Business Class. He said OK and put me right at the front. Saved A LOT of time standing around. Boarding is announced from the lounge and priority board exists.

Abu Dhabi - IIRC there is no priority security?

ARN also no priority security. Once went through with *G card on BA flight just flashing the card.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 5:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
In GVA there is FT for boarding. For security if you check in at the counter you get FT. If you have done OLCI or used the BA app, it doesn't seem to work for GCH unless you go to the counter and get a sticker (which somewhat defeats the object of the exercise). The FT security is verified at an automatic gate where the BP is scanned and you then join the front of the "normal" line.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by catandmouse
The FT security is verified at an automatic gate where the BP is scanned and you then join the front of the "normal" line.
Indeed, and this gate doesn't recognise any guests of course.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 6:52 am

No fastrack security or boarding in Vienna when I was there recently
Old Jan 11, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by catandmouse
In GVA there is FT for boarding. For security if you check in at the counter you get FT. If you have done OLCI or used the BA app, it doesn't seem to work for GCH unless you go to the counter and get a sticker (which somewhat defeats the object of the exercise). The FT security is verified at an automatic gate where the BP is scanned and you then join the front of the "normal" line.
If you are in CE and have printed your boarding pass via OLCI or have it on your mobile, you go straight to security in GVA whatever colour EC card you have. For GCH, it is only when you are in ET, you need to get a sticker from the check-in counter.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by FrancisA

I can give you a view for most of Italy if that helps (some of these may have changed as I have not been through all these this year):
You forgot to describe boarding in Italy ...

Two experiences this year, PSA an absolute total zoo, literally 100 pax pushing at the access point with faint call from the com system for CE. On the flip side this is a holiday destination and people check bags, so I've never had a problem finding overhead space even in Y.

LIN boarding is by bus. There is a separate lane for CE and status pax, reasonably well managed tho' usually on the farther side coming from the lounge so you still have to push through the solid main line to get to it. Once the bus unloads it's a bit of a scrum, as with most bus boarding. I don't do this often enough to have the bus placement down pat. LIN does have priority security but it can be a bit tricky to locate. Not an issue usually if you're on the first morning flight out of LIN, worth the effort in the afternoons when it's much busier all around at the airport.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
You forgot to describe boarding in Italy ...

Two experiences this year, PSA an absolute total zoo, literally 100 pax pushing at the access point with faint call from the com system for CE. On the flip side this is a holiday destination and people check bags, so I've never had a problem finding overhead space even in Y.

LIN boarding is by bus. There is a separate lane for CE and status pax, reasonably well managed tho' usually on the farther side coming from the lounge so you still have to push through the solid main line to get to it. Once the bus unloads it's a bit of a scrum, as with most bus boarding. I don't do this often enough to have the bus placement down pat. LIN does have priority security but it can be a bit tricky to locate. Not an issue usually if you're on the first morning flight out of LIN, worth the effort in the afternoons when it's much busier all around at the airport.
Not done PSA for a while, but that doesn't surprise me.

LIN is boarding by bus courtesy of the UK government's refusal to join Schengen. I do this route about 5-6 times a year. Having to pass through passport control can be a pain, particularly if only one desk is manned and there are a couple of flights about to go.

Where to be on the bus does become second nature after a while At least they use both doors on the plane and most passengers know which is nearer to their seats.

I am surprised that you find the fast track security hard to locate - it is straight down from the desks BA uses. The agents should point it out to you if you are unfamiliar with LIN. It is usually much quicker than normal security and strictly enforced. Same is true of MXP. These (and BLQ) are the only Italian airports I have found that offer a decent fast track experience.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
To be fair, IAD passport checks are 'priority' and do therefore do slightly favour Premium Pax. It's after that check that you join one of many lines, where anything could happen depending on your luck. 25% premium?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Lufthansa Miles and more Silver, AF/KLM Flying Petroleum
SVG and BGO have fast track boarding, but not fast track security
Old Jan 11, 2014, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's quite interesting to learn how much each airport charges carriers for Fast Track security and how this influences whether BA offer it to status in addition to CE. These figures are up-to-date:

AMS- free
ATH- free
BCN- €1 per pax
BOS- free
BSL- 2 CHF per pax
BRU- €2 per pax
BUD- 1514 HUF per pax
CDG- €0.07 per pax
DUB- €0.80 per pax
LHR- (some terminals, some free) £0.69 per pax
MAN- free
JFK- free
MXP- €20k a year.

That's all I can dig out for now. Quite a few more major airports are free.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, TK Elite, Hyatt Platinum
CDG - Paris

Boarding: Yes

Security: No

MAA - Chennai

Boarding: Yes

Security: No

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.