Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2022, 1:08 am

Programs: BA Bronze,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
Ok.cheers

Hi,thanks flying to EDI early tomorrow,so not sure if Fast Track was back working again,north or south security?
Old May 23, 2022, 1:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by liamvad
Hi,thanks flying to EDI early tomorrow,so not sure if Fast Track was back working again,north or south security?
both are open. North is likely to be quieter.
liamvad and Radiation Station like this.
Old May 25, 2022, 12:19 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by greg5
Just a bit more on this. Most of the *A airlines plus Delta, Southwest, and a few others were listed on the sign. But no OW airlines seemed to be on the list for priority security. Not even AS, which surprised me more than a little bit. It might have been that AS has priority screening at the north end of checkin where their desks were, but it wasn't really worth the walk over to find out. And I did ask the lounge dragon if maybe I used the wrong security.

And to add insult to injury today, LHR didn't have Fast-Track working in flight connections. But they brought on a couple more lines when we showed up and got through fairly fast.
Just got an apology from BA with 10k Avios service recovery each for mrs. greg5 and myself for not having access to priority screening at SEA as SCHs in J.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
A small anecdote about flying from INV the other week. I couldn't see any signage saying which pax were entitled to use the fast track security line so I showed my BP (which showed that I was a GCH) and asked. The person managing the queue checked her crib sheet and told me that she didn't have BA Gold listed as a qualifying category, only BA Silver. I can vouch for the truth of this as she showed me her list. That said, it didn't take me too long to convince her that if silver qualified, then gold should too. I've flow through INV many times and this was the first time I had encountered a queue at security so the issue had never arisen before.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SAA Voyager
Confirming PMI fast track security now restricted to Club Europe passengers only, not available for Euro Traveller regardless of Exec Club status
Old Jun 12, 2022, 2:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
SVQ had fast track when we travelled last weekend. Wiki updated.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:33 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
WAW - Fast track not available for Gold travelling in EuroTraveller.

Automated gate at fast track channel rejected mobile BP and when I asked the guy on duty he pointed to a laminated card that showed only a few airlines had access (no sign of BA). Not sure if it would work for BA if travelling in Club Europe. Normal security line was not too bad (longer wait at the Non-Schengen passport control)
Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:37 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by gms
WAW - Fast track not available for Gold travelling in EuroTraveller.

Automated gate at fast track channel rejected mobile BP and when I asked the guy on duty he pointed to a laminated card that showed only a few airlines had access (no sign of BA). Not sure if it would work for BA if travelling in Club Europe. Normal security line was not too bad (longer wait at the Non-Schengen passport control)
there's no fast track for BA customers at WAW, it has been like that since January 2020, when they've outsourced managing fast track to the external company - instead of working out eligibility from status encoded in your boarding pass, they require airlines to sign up a separate agreement and make changes to boarding passes - many airlines chose not do it. Not a big loss for BA customers - regular security next to BA check-ins is usually not busy and it's much closer to the Fantazja lounge...

Fun fact is that old "Gold track" sign is still by the entrance door to the terminal and have many airlines listed there (including BA) that are no longer eligible to use it...
Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:48 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by megaloman
there's no fast track for BA customers at WAW, it has been like that since January 2020, when they've outsourced managing fast track to the external company - instead of working out eligibility from status encoded in your boarding pass, they require airlines to sign up a separate agreement and make changes to boarding passes - many airlines chose not do it. Not a big loss for BA customers - regular security next to BA check-ins is usually not busy and it's much closer to the Fantazja lounge...

Fun fact is that old "Gold track" sign is still by the entrance door to the terminal and have many airlines listed there (including BA) that are no longer eligible to use it...
Thanks for confirming. I saw the BA logo was still shown by the terminal entrance, which does confuse things further! I have updated the Wiki to correct it and show that fast track is not available for BA.
According to the Oneworld site the Fantazja lounge is currently closed. I went to the Bolero lounge, which seemed ok.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:55 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by gms
Thanks for confirming. I saw the BA logo was still shown by the terminal entrance, which does confuse things further! I have updated the Wiki to correct it and show that fast track is not available for BA.
According to the Oneworld site the Fantazja lounge is currently closed. I went to the Bolero lounge, which seemed ok.
Yes, Fantazja is still closed, unfortunately - I hope it will re-open soon. Fantazja is usually very quiet as not many airlines use it. It's before exit immigration though, some pax may prefer Bolero which is usually crowded, but next to usual BA departure gates.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Yes, but not at flight connections.

Horrible yesterday no fast-track - over 1 hour wait at the connection hall - this is ridiculous - and I was traveling in F and their Gold member. First time giving back business to BA over 2 years and this will be the last. Back to LH group …
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:40 pm

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Nice : Remains no fast track plus to my surprise check in only opened 1h50 mins before departure . The lounge was really very good
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Nice : Remains no fast track plus to my surprise check in only opened 1h50 mins before departure . The lounge was really very good
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:15 am

Hi all, I'm flying from AMS to LGW in BA Club Europe next week (no oneworld status or Privium). There seems to be some mixed information on whether Club Europe grants you access to priority security lanes at AMS. Has anyone had any recent experience trying to access priority lanes at Schipol with a business class ticket on BA? Thanks!
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Gold
Was CE from faro the other day.

said no to fast track security. Pretty sure they used to let you there.

anyone else been through recently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.