FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding
Old Sep 8, 2022, 10:56 am
Radiation Station

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Geordie405
Another mockery of the whole Group system this last trip to the UK. The flight from LHR to NCL was from Gate 4 so a bus. Although they did call Group 1 first (after pre-boarders, and the usual bag-taggers who get - but don't really need or deserve - priority boarding) it was irrelevant as we were all then jammed onto a bus and ferried to a remote stand. The flight back from LHR to LAS saw "We're going board Group 1 and 2 now" so, again, no real perk to being Gold. Having called us all forward the e-gates weren't turned on, so we all just stood around while the gate staff frantically tried to figure out why and then decided they had to board everyone manually. Every time it's something new. Every time it really does feel as if some staff are doing this for the first time ever. It's an everlasting shambles.
I feel for you. I can’t remember the last time BA actually called Group 1 first and enforced it. And you have my sympathies regarding LHR-NCL - it’s been dismal lately, with multiple delays and issues.