Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

'A Very British Airline' : BA Documentary, airs BBC2 from Mon 2 June

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'A Very British Airline' : BA Documentary, airs BBC2 from Mon 2 June

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
A question, is the food in the JFK CCR better then the LHR CCR?
Old Jun 9, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Could not believe a snapshot was issued for being late when they knew that the M25 was closed due to a lorry fire. The poor girl could have been stuck where she was for hours.
Do they want the trainees to live in a tent out the front of Waterside to ensure they arrive on time no matter what!! Grossly unfair.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
I thought getting a Snapshot for being late when they acknowledged there had been a lorry fire on the M25 was just crazy. Typical stupid rigid heartless HR type that I hate.
+1

That felt like an awkward lift ride on the way to that meeting...
Old Jun 9, 2014, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Fruitcake
Nothing about LGW.

No surprise.

(I suppose we saw three LGW CC on BA1.)

Poor old Jodi. But also no surprise.
Yep, poor Jodi. This programme is becoming laughable. Do BA really think they offer anything near the ideal service they claim to hold these trainees to? The "disconnect" is quite scary. If only the average BA cabin crew had Jodi's enthusiasm and eagerness.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I didn't think staff travel was allowed on CWLCY. I've also never been offered something to nibble on as I leave the gate.

I did wonder what WW did whilst flying though. Does he mingle round the cabins and talk to pax or help out with announcements or anything?
Old Jun 9, 2014, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA Exec, Amex Plat, CX Gold, etc.
'Premium language' what complete and utter .........
Old Jun 9, 2014, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
why was it OK for Alice to say 'full fat coke' and not get a snapshot??

It was hardly 'premium' language was it?

Just makes BA look even biased to a certain type of staff.
Agree with that. The whole CC training is seriously cringeworthy. How did BA let this go through/think this was a good idea?
Old Jun 9, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold
A few things I found funny. One, the description of New York having the highest concentration of billionaires and BA's premium cabins, and two the fine wines. The reasoning for the first point defeats the purpose of a premium cabin because those people probably fly in a private jet and not on BA or any other commercial airline. The premium wines discussion was just laughable because BA has some of the poorest selection of said wines (not that they are not drinkable).

Still, I enjoyed watching the second episode. Though I found the complete avoidance of why BA has taken so long to push deeper into China annoying.

H
Old Jun 9, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by aristoph
Yep, poor Jodi. This programme is becoming laughable. Do BA really think they offer anything near the ideal service they claim to hold these trainees to? The "disconnect" is quite scary. If only the average BA cabin crew had Jodi's enthusiasm and eagerness.
yes and it the hypocrisy. Posh Alice got away with using 'full fat coke' which to me is worse than not having any lippy on or arriving late because of a traffic accident (no concern over the welfare of the 'delegate' just a 'your late and we don't care even though we know why')

I think I;d have liked to have been served on a flight by Jodi - she was enthusiastic and would have been great with the passengers - unlike the young chap they sent to JFK who at times wasn;t using that oh so special 'premium' language and at times spoke worse English than Jodi.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA Exec, Amex Plat, CX Gold, etc.
Originally Posted by John Kline
"Making sure they speak premium language" Are they for real?? I would take my premium money to another carrier.
BA, have a word with yourselves.
Yes. Having just started my flying 'career' and got silver in a few months, that whole thing has me rethinking this. BS, and completely the wrong thing to be focusing on.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by GodAtum
The hamburger is!
Old Jun 9, 2014, 3:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by Hoch
The premium wines discussion was just laughable because BA has some of the poorest selection of said wines (not that they are not drinkable).
Yes, living on past glories. They used to (20+ years ago) have an absolutely astonishing wine list, and cellar stocks with which to back it all up.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by GodAtum
It's a bit of an unfair question as JFK is only really catering for their evening flights so it's a bit more focussed.

Service definitely much better.

Food better too IMHO - nicer menu and they'll bring out snacks with your drinks outside the dining area. The main 'greeter' in the lounge is tremendous.

Wines, on the whole, are better at LHR. Better magazine selection at LHR.

Main downer is that if you want a shower (or spa treatment) you have to walk over to the main lounge complex (and it's not just next door).
Old Jun 9, 2014, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
yes and it the hypocrisy. Posh Alice got away with using 'full fat coke' which to me is worse than not having any lippy on or arriving late because of a traffic accident (no concern over the welfare of the 'delegate' just a 'your late and we don't care even though we know why')

I think I;d have liked to have been served on a flight by Jodi - she was enthusiastic and would have been great with the passengers - unlike the young chap they sent to JFK who at times wasn;t using that oh so special 'premium' language and at times spoke worse English than Jodi.
I like "full fat Coke" too, and neither Jodi's navet nor Alice's "poshness" bothers me as they both seemed "real" and both seemed to enjoy the role. But having flown BA premium cabins more times than I can now remember I do fear they are beginning to believe their own advertising hype...
Old Jun 9, 2014, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by aristoph
I like "full fat Coke" too, and neither Jodi's navet nor Alice's "poshness" bothers me as they both seemed "real" and both seemed to enjoy the role. But having flown BA premium cabins more times than I can now remember I do fear they are beginning to believe their own advertising hype...
I'm sure lots of people do to but it's hardly the 'premium' language BA were placing emphasis on.

The specifically let Alice off with saying it whereas another 'delegate' would have certainly got a snapshot. Alice was treated differently and that is just plain wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.