Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

'A Very British Airline' : BA Documentary, airs BBC2 from Mon 2 June

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
JODIE, JODIE ... < crocodile tears! whimper! Letter to FvdP! >

She's gone. Hard luck on the girl, but at least this thread might now drift back to the generality of the insight into BA provided by the programme, instead of being a deep analysis of the latest version of some "Reality TV contest".

I hope that Episode 3 provides more about BA, and less focus on a cyber-space popularity context based on minimal data.

[/GrumpyOldMan]
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Loving the CW pandas pic
Old Jun 11, 2014, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by T8191
JODIE, JODIE ... < crocodile tears! whimper! Letter to FvdP! >

She's gone. Hard luck on the girl, but at least this thread might now drift back to the generality of the insight into BA provided by the programme, instead of being a deep analysis of the latest version of some "Reality TV contest".

I hope that Episode 3 provides more about BA, and less focus on a cyber-space popularity context based on minimal data.

[/GrumpyOldMan]
It sounds like we will have the apprentice Nigels and Nigellas in episode 3. I am sure that won't be dramatic at all. Cough.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Loving the CW pandas pic
I understand that BA have that on their internal screensaver at the moment!
Old Jun 11, 2014, 1:17 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Petrus
Wow, some mean posts in this thread. We're all human after all @:-) ...
Quite ... and some predictable FTesque overreactions and fallacious or delusory conclusions.

I've rather enjoyed the show, some interesting and entertaining moments.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: Silver, JJC (circa 1980)
Originally Posted by c1223
Ohhhh... That feels a bit like having enjoyed too many glasses of Champers in the lounge

Poor pandas having to suffer 'afternoon tea'....

Last edited by Prospero; Jun 12, 2014 at 1:24 am Reason: Resize image
Old Jun 11, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
The first 2 episodes I have found to be compulsive viewing for all the wrong reasons ( bit like watching a car crash). It's toe curling and BA have clearly exercised a huge amount of editorial control.

The guy who flies 300 days a year has nothing but my sympathy if most of it is on BA. His reaction to the Club world plus catering was spot on and mirrored my own experiences flying just 2 or 3 times a year long haul.

The difference between the cabin crew of yesteryear and today was especially stark with today's recruits being less worldly. Best leave it at that. Suffice to say, when I see I hat on BA crew my heart just sinks.

As for the guff about scratches on the interior fittings....pleeeease. My A380 First suite looked like it was years in service not months. Whilst the focus has been on A380 First and Club no mention of New First or decrepit 50,000 avios first.

The engineering elements have been fascinating but the programme needs some real people with real experiences of what flying BA is really like.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 2:18 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by binman
... The difference between the cabin crew of yesteryear and today was especially stark with today's recruits being less worldly. Best leave it at that. Suffice to say, when I see I hat on BA crew my heart just sinks...
Some of the very best crews I've experienced wore hats, and the very worst didn't!

I find all BA cabin crew 'fleets' have their star crew members as well as their fair share of under-performers. For the most part I would rate crew performance (all fleets) as good or above for the vast majority of the flights I take. It is very unusual to have a poor crew.

Yes, when MF first arrived they had some teething problems but in my experience those days are long gone. MF are a credit to BA ... as are WW and EF*.

* I have no doubt that Gatwick crews are the same, but since LGW-MAN is no more I have not flown on any of their services for quite some time.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 2:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

@ c1223

Can you please downsize the photograph of the Pandas please as it's making my viewing of this thread/page out of sync!

Thanks

Pete
Old Jun 11, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by binman

As for the guff about scratches on the interior fittings....pleeeease. My A380 First suite looked like it was years in service not months. Whilst the focus has been on A380 First and Club no mention of New First or decrepit 50,000 avios first.
How are these brand new interiors getting so shabby in such a short time? It it poor materials used, lack of maintenance or are passengers just treating them with a lack of respect?
Old Jun 11, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Arienne du Rseau Courte Dure de British Airways
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Some of the very best crews I've experienced wore hats, and the very worst didn't!

I find all BA cabin crew 'fleets' have their star crew members as well as their fair share of under-performers. For the most part I would rate crew performance (all fleets) as good or above for the vast majority of the flights I take. It is very unusual to have a poor crew.

Yes, when MF first arrived they had some teething problems but in my experience those days are long gone. MF are a credit to BA ... as are WW and EF*.

* I have no doubt that Gatwick crews are the same, but since LGW-MAN is no more I have not flown on any of their services for quite some time.
Also the hat is worn by both M/F and WW on the 380. Also on the 787 the hat is worn and that currently is only flown by WW crew.
Also special flights like the Chengdu inaugural flight have hats and that was WW too.
So hats do not always mean M/F.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 3:16 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Also special flights like the Chengdu inaugural flight have hats and that was WW too.
I did not notice Mr Walsh in a hat!!!!
Old Jun 11, 2014, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold

I am appauled at some of the comments I have read on this thread. I really do feel for the members of cabin crew who are apart of FT particularly of the BA board especially over the last 12 months the hate that is shown towards BA and primarily the cabin crew is shocking. surely it must make them feel completely demoralised. People seem to forget the efforts that these members go to littlegirl for e.g I really do wonder why they bother as this board has gone to .... if you ask me! when I joined FT 4 years ago it was such a buzzing happy place to be around reading and listening to funny stories and banter, God how its changed! Which shows in the members that have left in recent times and to be honest with all the moaning etc that has been going on for some time now I honestly don't blame them. It's a shame really a big shame.......
Old Jun 11, 2014, 4:15 pm

Well I haven't posted for a while, but here goes!

I have watched the series so far with great interest. Above all, I fully appreciate that this is primarily a promotional exercise.

What can I say!?

Welled up a couple of times, for me, BA evokes that kind of emotion from me sometimes.

Operated my Miami last week and my Seoul this week with even more of a spring in my step, and while I do know that we have our faults as an organisation, I would'nt fly for anyone else.

This programme has done nothing but increase my level of pride in working for British Airways, but then i've always been a glass-half-full kinda dolly.

In rather non "premium language", haters gonna hate.

No, I haven't been drinking

Kind regards

BA.MF.CSM
Old Jun 11, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by BA.MF.CSM
Well I haven't posted for a while, but here goes!

I have watched the series so far with great interest. Above all, I fully appreciate that this is primarily a promotional exercise.

What can I say!?

Welled up a couple of times, for me, BA evokes that kind of emotion from me sometimes.

Operated my Miami last week and my Seoul this week with even more of a spring in my step, and while I do know that we have our faults as an organisation, I would'nt fly for anyone else.

This programme has done nothing but increase my level of pride in working for British Airways, but then i've always been a glass-half-full kinda dolly.

In rather non "premium language", haters gonna hate.

No, I haven't been drinking

Kind regards

BA.MF.CSM
Brilliant post. Refreshing to see someone taking pride in their job and themselves. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.