Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

'A Very British Airline' : BA Documentary, airs BBC2 from Mon 2 June

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'A Very British Airline' : BA Documentary, airs BBC2 from Mon 2 June

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2014, 4:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by PETER01
@ c1223

Can you please downsize the photograph of the Pandas please as it's making my viewing of this thread/page out of sync!

Thanks

Pete
Whoops. That's the problem with having a widescreen monitor!
Old Jun 11, 2014, 5:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Padmeister
I am appauled at some of the comments I have read on this thread. I really do feel for the members of cabin crew who are apart of FT particularly of the BA board especially over the last 12 months the hate that is shown towards BA and primarily the cabin crew is shocking. surely it must make them feel completely demoralised. People seem to forget the efforts that these members go to littlegirl for e.g I really do wonder why they bother as this board has gone to .... if you ask me! when I joined FT 4 years ago it was such a buzzing happy place to be around reading and listening to funny stories and banter, God how its changed! Which shows in the members that have left in recent times and to be honest with all the moaning etc that has been going on for some time now I honestly don't blame them. It's a shame really a big shame.......
Yes good point. It has become all rather negative so it's no wonder BA staff contributions have declined.

I've always wanted to see the forum as a meeting place for BA travellers...all travellers, not just those who fly regularly at other peoples expense. That'll never happen though.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 5:57 pm

So the candidates were for a mixed fleet crew, meaning first and club world or club world and world trav?

I have also noticed that throughout FT there has been increased snarkyness.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 12:10 am

A "fleet" when talking about about cabin crew is really a group of cabin crew that work on the same contract. So there is World Wide, who work exclusively on long haul, Euro Fleet, who work on the shorthaul routes. Mixed Fleet was introduced post the strike a few years ago on a different contract and they work on both long and shorthaul. At Gatwick there is Single Fleet London Gatwick who, like Mixed Fleet do long and shorthaul but they are based at LGW - they also provide the crew for the A318 operation from London City. These names are after abbreviated to WW, EF, MF and SFLGW. they all work in all the cabins available on the aircraft types they fly.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by A P Yu
He's probably too busy having Concorde Room Vegetarian Risotto
As he said , the Concorde room is a sanctuary for the F customers. Funny how they never haven't yet shown the chaos that is the Galleries lounges with the stacks of bacon rolls or egg muffins
Old Jun 12, 2014, 2:21 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Waterhorse
A "fleet" when talking about about cabin crew is really a group of cabin crew that work on the same contract. So there is World Wide, who work exclusively on long haul, Euro Fleet, who work on the shorthaul routes. Mixed Fleet was introduced post the strike a few years ago on a different contract and they work on both long and shorthaul. At Gatwick there is Single Fleet London Gatwick who, like Mixed Fleet do long and shorthaul but they are based at LGW - they also provide the crew for the A318 operation from London City. These names are after abbreviated to WW, EF, MF and SFLGW. they all work in all the cabins available on the aircraft types they fly.
Thanks for explaining ....

Out of interest, is there a logical reason for not calling it MFLGW?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 3:53 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Arienne du Rseau Courte Dure de British Airways
Originally Posted by uk1

SFLGW was started a long time before M/F. It was called Single Fleet LGW because previous to it being named this, LGW had two fleets, LGW shorthaul which was called European Operations Gatwick (EOG) and LGW longhaul which was a a Fleet that worked to the same rules as LHR WW crew. Those two fleets were merged to created SFLGW on new terms and agreements.

The names are really because when BA make new agreements, they have to have new names. LGW SF have slightly different agreements to LHR M/F and so that is why they have different names.

In a similar way the Customer Service Managers are on M/F and Cabin Service Directors are on WW and Cabin Managers at LGW, all different names because they are on different agreements.

Likewise on the ground at LHR some of the newer contracts have different names too, like the Turn Round Manager (TRM) and the latest lower paying ones Turn Round Coordinator (TRC).

Very confusing for the staff, let alone the customers but that seems to be the way large companies bring in changes to contracts by changing the job names.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I've always wanted to see the forum as a meeting place for BA travellers...all travellers, not just those who fly regularly at other peoples expense. That'll never happen though.
I agree, though without the snarky dig at business passengers.

People should be flying with BA (at least say once a year) to sensibly comment on general BA issues.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by bafan
People should be flying with BA (at least say once a year) to sensibly comment on general BA issues.
I'm in the clear then. Four a year in CE/CW ... Or does 'business passengers' mean working people?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by T8191
I'm in the clear then. Four a year in CE/CW ... Or does 'business passengers' mean working people?
Lol. Sorry, yes. You got me.

And I'm a CE/CW leisure passenger too. I wish I did have a job that included international travel...
Old Jun 12, 2014, 7:41 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
SFLGW was started a long time before M/F. It was called Single Fleet LGW because previous to it being named this, LGW had two fleets, LGW shorthaul which was called European Operations Gatwick (EOG) and LGW longhaul which was a a Fleet that worked to the same rules as LHR WW crew. Those two fleets were merged to created SFLGW on new terms and agreements.

The names are really because when BA make new agreements, they have to have new names. LGW SF have slightly different agreements to LHR M/F and so that is why they have different names.

In a similar way the Customer Service Managers are on M/F and Cabin Service Directors are on WW and Cabin Managers at LGW, all different names because they are on different agreements.

Likewise on the ground at LHR some of the newer contracts have different names too, like the Turn Round Manager (TRM) and the latest lower paying ones Turn Round Coordinator (TRC).

Very confusing for the staff, let alone the customers but that seems to be the way large companies bring in changes to contracts by changing the job names.

I am amazed you take the time to post in this thread considering all that has been said!

Fair play to you!! ^
Old Jun 12, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm flying in CE to LIS next Wednesday. I'm tempted to skip the broadcast of the last epside on Monday and watch it in the lounge or on the flight to create a better atmosphere
Old Jun 12, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by uk1

Mother-fvcking LGW!!
Old Jun 12, 2014, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bafan

It wasn't a snarky dig at all.

As for your last sentence.Even that's an unfair constraint and could be seen as discrimination....anyway, it's impossible to police.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by MickV
I am amazed you take the time to post in this thread considering all that has been said!

Fair play to you!! ^
I agree! And not just this thread.

Littlegirl's post (IMO) are very valuable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.