Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2023, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by firstlight
I can recommend a couples only all inclusive in Jamaica, many more mature couples probably about 5000 for 10 days. We've gone 10 times and most people there are repeat visutors, if you are interested pm me.
Thanks for the offer, but we've done Jamaica so many times we were hoping for somewhere new. The search will continue!
Old Oct 28, 2023, 4:45 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by T8191
Thanks for the offer, but we've done Jamaica so many times we were hoping for somewhere new. The search will continue!
We recommend one&only brand hotels which often do have kids clubs but are also large spread out properties. The St geran in Mauritius is beautiful for example. The problem is return flight costs in business for 2, and BAH prices have rocketed since covid. We paid 8k for a week at one place in late 2021, it's now 13k.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We recommend one&only brand hotels which often do have kids clubs but are also large spread out properties. The St geran in Mauritius is beautiful for example. The problem is return flight costs in business for 2, and BAH prices have rocketed since covid. We paid 8k for a week at one place in late 2021, it's now 13k.
Yes, I was looking at flight costs ... c. 8k for two in CW in Feb 24. Heavy!
Old Oct 28, 2023, 4:52 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
We're there next week, has the rainy season stopped ?
Not quite! Heavy rain day one but its been a combo of clouds and very sunny days since then along with a couple of overnight spells of heavy rain. It actually feels hotter than it is due to the humidity but what a great place to be!
PETER01, firstlight, TTmex and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 5:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
Ouch, that's expensive.

Currently sat in a Qatar Airways pre-flight briefing, simply through virtue of sitting in the hotel reception at the Skyline hotel. I love the cultural diversity, even if everything turns a little robotic once onboard. Definitely an A380 crew as they're assigning some to F.

Hotel stay was pleasant after getting an comp upgrade to Junior Suite. Shame I was arriving at 11pm at night, so didn't have much time to enjoy. But I did enjoy the breakfast of champions in my room - Sausage McMuffin...
SKT-DK, HIDDY, T8191 and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 5:15 am

Another quiet week here. A couple of coldish days mid week, our 2 cats climbed into their basket together and shared their warmth for about 2 hours. Mrs rapidex is wearing her UK dressing gown now for her morning tea. I've sourced and ordered our Christmas turkey, not sure about the sprouts though. Off to KUL at the end of the month on MH for a Christmas booze run. Mrs rapidex needs some Chanel as well. I'll be getting my bottle of Hennesy XO in the duty free shop.
strowger, SKT-DK, HIDDY and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Friday is clean-up and repair day in Jersey. Flooding also subsiding. Mercifully we are spared all that, and our annual Boiler Service will be going ahead today. And the sun is shining.

Neighbour's garden on the other side of the lane ... now drying out a bit.

Old Nov 3, 2023, 5:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Groundhog weekend for me, currently sat in the BA first lounge in T3 and getting ready to quit work for the day. 10 hour transit so still over six hours until I’m off to Bucharest once more.
HIDDY, PETER01, T8191 and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 5:44 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Greetings from the sunny Maldives with Mrs firstlight after a pleasant 777w flight in first, there are certainly worse places to be on a Friday...
Old Nov 3, 2023, 6:07 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
The Maldives look way better than grey Munich today. But never mind, I'm back to Blighty for the weekend followed by 2 days in BUD with Mrs Tafflyer before flying our "flash sale" AY/AA BUD-HEL-JFK-SFO next Wednesday. Looking forward to some more of that lovely Napa wine and a slow road trip up to SEA the week after. As Fridays go, this is a good one!
BA or bust, HIDDY, PETER01 and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 6:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by T8191
Friday is clean-up and repair day in Jersey. Flooding also subsiding. Mercifully we are spared all that, and our annual Boiler Service will be going ahead today. And the sun is shining.
I was wondering how you were, glad to hear all is okay. Still to find out if my brother who lives on Guernsey was affected by it.

The rain started here 30 hours ago and it's still flippin' raining....now blowing a gale as well. Hopefully that'll be the end of the drought we've had.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 6:44 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Somewhat excited as Costa Rica tomorrow which is a new country for me . Cant wait to see a Sloth or two .
HIDDY, PETER01, T8191 and 5 others like this.

Last edited by simonsmith; Nov 3, 2023 at 8:41 am
Old Nov 3, 2023, 7:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JapesUK
Groundhog weekend for me, currently sat in the BA first lounge in T3 and getting ready to quit work for the day. 10 hour transit so still over six hours until I’m off to Bucharest once more.
A 10 hour transit in the T3 lounges

Your definitely a true Flyertalker , in all seriousness though not a bad place to work from for the day

Quiet day for me, just chilling, no excitement really.
HIDDY, Geordie405 and JapesUK like this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 7:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
The Maldives look way better than grey Munich today. But never mind, I'm back to Blighty for the weekend followed by 2 days in BUD with Mrs Tafflyer before flying our "flash sale" AY/AA BUD-HEL-JFK-SFO next Wednesday. Looking forward to some more of that lovely Napa wine and a slow road trip up to SEA the week after. As Fridays go, this is a good one!
Oh my favourite road trip! I'd take PNW over Maldives any day, but my better half prefers the sunshine.

After work today I might take another look if those cheap Eugene/Spokane/Boise fares are still around and persuade her the mountains and forests are calling for next year!
HIDDY, PETER01, Geordie405 and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 7:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Early start in the office today - nice and quiet weather, although frosty first thing.

Over at the (English) channel though, the weather buoy that was off Dieppe, isn't anymore - thanks to Storm Ciaran. Judging by the damage to the solar panels it will require a bit a fixing before being put back into service.

HIDDY, PETER01, T8191 and 4 others like this.

Last edited by CKBA; Nov 3, 2023 at 11:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.