Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2023, 6:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BA or bust
Methinks as I grow older the attraction of long haul travel is waning… it is increasingly tiring! No amount of smart lounges, lovely cabin crew and flat beds onboard beats the attraction of my bed at home sweet home.
My thoughts entirely.
TTmex and JapesUK like this.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 6:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
Happy Friday from an overcast GRU. Arrived pretty much on time on BA247. Now hanging around for a few hours before my onward connection. Used the Banco Safra Lounge which is fine for a day pass including a very refreshing shower.

Methinks as I grow older the attraction of long haul travel is waning… it is increasingly tiring! No amount of smart lounges, lovely cabin crew and flat beds onboard beats the attraction of my bed at home sweet home.
I feel ya..

Not been able to get my parents further than Greece these days. Long-haul definitely loses its sparkle for some, but not all. Uncle T isn't shying away from it for sure.

On my 7th long-haul trip of the year, my body is really not thanking me for the jet lag right now.
HIDDY and JapesUK like this.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 6:51 am

Happy Friday from an overcast GRU. Arrived pretty much on time on BA247. Now hanging around for a few hours before my onward connection. Used the Banco Safra Lounge which is fine for a day pass including a very refreshing shower.

Sadly I agree with you.3 sectors LHR-DOH-BKK-CEI and I needed a week to recover.
SKT-DK, HIDDY, TTmex and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 7:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
… it is increasingly tiring! No amount of smart lounges, lovely cabin crew and flat beds onboard beats the attraction of my bed at home sweet home.
Ah... flat beds... what I have when I get to my destination.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CKBA
Ah... flat beds... what I have when I get to my destination.
Three are flat beds in economy, it's just they got installed 90 degrees at the wrong angle.
BA or bust, HIDDY and firstlight like this.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 7:42 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by TTmex
I feel ya..

Not been able to get my parents further than Greece these days. Long-haul definitely loses its sparkle for some, but not all. Uncle T isn't shying away from it for sure.

On my 7th long-haul trip of the year, my body is really not thanking me for the jet lag right now.
Ha! I think Uncle T makes some of us feel like we are over 100!
HIDDY, alex67500 and TTmex like this.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 8:13 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Waiting for a delayed flight to sjc, preboarded and then deboarded while they figure out some technical issue. Hopefully will get away today !
JapesUK likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 8:29 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Cheltenham Literature Festival final weekend. We are amazingly lucky to have so much always going on . Sadly Clive Myrie and Sadiq Khan cancelled for obvious reasons , but plenty else to see . Cheltenham is a better for celebrity spotting sometimes than even the CCR .
JapesUK likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 9:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by TTmex
Three are flat beds in economy, it's just they got installed 90 degrees at the wrong angle.
...or... the problem with the economy ones is that they're broken - they have a 90-degree bend in the middle.
TTmex likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
We're off to SFO tomorrow on AS - a stupid o'clock alarm call for the 0630 flight, booked with the wife's permission as it was only $20 more than coach to fly in First and was the cheapest option. We're meeting up with family to celebrate our grandson's fourth birthday and taking everyone to the Monterey Bay Aquarium on Sunday. We then fly back in the evening, but in the cheap seats. Don't know how we'll cope

Next week includes a work trip to the mothership to meet with colleagues and work on our firm's new major incident management strategy and process. Thrilling stuff!
HIDDY, Cw novice, TTmex and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Geordie405
We're off to SFO tomorrow on AS - a stupid o'clock alarm call for the 0630 flight, booked with the wife's permission as it was only $20 more than coach to fly in First and was the cheapest option. We're meeting up with family to celebrate our grandson's fourth birthday and taking everyone to the Monterey Bay Aquarium on Sunday. We then fly back in the evening, but in the cheap seats. Don't know how we'll cope

Next week includes a work trip to the mothership to meet with colleagues and work on our firm's new major incident management strategy and process. Thrilling stuff!
If you have the time to drive down the PCH, stop off in Davenport Beach on the way a really stunning place.
Geordie405 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 11:31 am

Programs: BA GGL / Concorde Room
Friday, late afternoon, discovered two tiny bats have been scoffing the pumpkin seeds that were drying on the top of the Aga. Seeds are from this year's pumpkin crop and are being saved to plant out next year. Both bats have now expired. (Bats - a protected species - are outside and occasionally a few nip in the kitchen window). What to do? Suggestions welcome.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 11:46 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC electrum
Originally Posted by southsquare
Friday, late afternoon, discovered two tiny bats have been scoffing the pumpkin seeds that were drying on the top of the Aga. Seeds are from this year's pumpkin crop and are being saved to plant out next year. Both bats have now expired. (Bats - a protected species - are outside and occasionally a few nip in the kitchen window). What to do? Suggestions welcome.
I know our frequent flyer community encompasses many wrinkly nocturnal flyers, but I'm not sure how many can help you out here...
Old Oct 13, 2023, 11:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeathSlam
I know our frequent flyer community encompasses many wrinkly nocturnal flyers, but I'm not sure how many can help you out here...
I can't help either but i await reading their obatuary.

I'll get me coat.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 11:52 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Diamond, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Originally Posted by PETER01
I can't help either but i await reading their obatuary.

I'll get me coat.
GROAN!
PETER01 and crazy8534 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.