Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2023, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Diamond, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Originally Posted by Geordie405
... I am full of cold, so have been drinking some Old Fashioneds - purely for medicinal purposes of course
Suddenly I am feeling a cold coming on

Hope the old fashioned cure your cold in the timescale
you feel appropriate
HIDDY, Nick_USA and Geordie405 like this.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Our lovely Lobito passed away earlier this week. It was a joy to have him as part of the family these last 13 years.

I'll miss his kisses.

Old Nov 10, 2023, 11:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Diamond, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Awww, bless! They leave such a space when the pass.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 11:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Our lovely Lobito passed away earlier this week. It was a joy to have him as part of the family these last 13 years.

I'll miss his kisses.

My heart goes out to you, Hiddy. I cannot begin to imagine the feeling. As a loving father to a husky, I don't even want to comprehend the pain of losing him. May Lobito rest in peace with his ball up in the clouds, always looking down upon you.
HIDDY, catmndu and crazy8534 like this.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 11:52 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
That is such sad news but I am sure you'll cherish the memories of all the good times you had with Lobito!
HIDDY likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 11:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Sorry to hear that HIDDY about Lobito

I've only ever experienced losing a Dog once, a German Shepherd I had since he was about 1 year old. I was about 21, so in the 80s, and heartbroken so I know how you feel. Take care.
HIDDY, crazy8534 and JapesUK like this.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Oh, dear HIDDY, we are sorry to hear about Lobito. Although we are cat people, we still know the enormous hole they leave in your lives when they depart to furry Heaven. Thoughts are with you guys.
HIDDY, crazy8534 and JapesUK like this.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 6:31 pm

Sorry to hear about Lobito. Its just a year since my lovely labrador Biscuit had to be put down, at the garnd old age of 14 and a half, I still miss him. Nothing going on here, just another funeral. Thats 5 in 6 weeks, which is a lot for a small village. The funeral lasts 4 days, with a religious ceremony, singing and dancing and plenty of booze. A real good send off. All quiet today for my 2 minute silence.
SKT-DK, HIDDY, catmndu and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 12:42 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
My condolences, HIDDY!

I spent my whole Friday teaching our next generation leaders about.. well.. leadership. Exhausting, and made worse by the 1.5 hour drive home (4kms) because of rain

Today will be a relaxing day with a cheeky pint or two!
BA or bust, HIDDY and JapesUK like this.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Today's Friday was somewhat different - spent it at and near the Thailand/Myanmar border (and it was COLD!).

BA or bust, SKT-DK, HIDDY and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
Happy Friday! I'm coming off the end of a week spent working on European time from my home office in Mexico, so I've been up at 2.30 am each day before having to work Mex timezone - brutal.

What were you doing on the border, CKBA?

I'm really looking for a proper holiday now, but I have to battle through until Jan as it's high season in my industry. Do have 2 weeks to look forward to near end of Jan as we head to London and Vienna before heading into the Austrian and Slovenian mountains. Will have the mother-in-law in tow for that. She doesn't know we're in Club yet and she's never flown in J, so we're hoping to keep that a surprise until a day before we go.

I am going to take 3-4 days off over Xmas and will travel down to Veracruz. Hope to get out 2-3 days for some diving and to start my rescue diver and dive master qualifications. Diving the frigate wrecks is fun. Will work remotely from Veracruz for a couple of weeks and booked 2 weeks of hotels with 500 USDs worth of Marriott points, which is a bargain considering the 10 nights we booked at the hotel there would be 1700 over Christmas if using cash.

Thinking about these trips is keeping me going...
BA or bust, SKT-DK, HIDDY and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 6:35 am

A fine Friday to one and all. Currently on the train heading home to Newcastle after another week in Birmingham and Godalming on business.This weekend its KLM to Gdańsk and its time to break out the winter gear as the forecast is for snow!
HIDDY and TTmex like this.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 7:20 am

Another funeral here, that makes six. Cold here today, Mil has borrowed mrs rapidex's winter cardigan from the UK. Lots of other ladies wanting to know how they can get one. The cats have had their flea juice and are tucked up in their basket, the aircons are off, probably for the rest of the winter. Looking forward to my Christmas booze run, mrs rapidex has bought a Christmas tree and lots of decorations.
HIDDY, TTmex and JapesUK like this.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 8:08 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Everybody else seems to have something interesting lined up! SWMBO has been away this week, back tomorrow, so lots of hoovering, cleaning and tidying up to do before she gets back.

I hope I pass inspection tomorrow!
Old Nov 17, 2023, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by BA or bust
Everybody else seems to have something interesting lined up! SWMBO has been away this week, back tomorrow, so lots of hoovering, cleaning and tidying up to do before she gets back.

I hope I pass inspection tomorrow!
Good luck with the inspection, Id hate to hear that you failed and had been grounded
BA or bust, adrianlondon and HIDDY like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.