Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2023, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BA or bust
Everybody else seems to have something interesting lined up! SWMBO has been away this week, back tomorrow, so lots of hoovering, cleaning and tidying up to do before she gets back.

I hope I pass inspection tomorrow!
Don't forget to get rid of the empties!!
Old Nov 17, 2023, 9:31 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I still use a floor-based computer, a biggish printer and a decent sized screen for Internet browsing. The "study" is of modest, but adequate dimensions.

I have just had my Serious Telling off for all of the dust in here. So sympathy for BA or Bust.
BA or bust, HIDDY, rapidex and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 9:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite
Everybody else seems to have something interesting lined up! SWMBO has been away this week, back tomorrow, so lots of hoovering, cleaning and tidying up to do before she gets back.

This is where you schedule the cleaner to clean up before she arrives, yet tell SWMBO you slaved for hours
BA or bust, HIDDY, rapidex and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 10:39 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Happy Friday! Not much travel, but some sleep training for the little one, which means not so great sleep for the parents.
On a positive note, [email protected] has yielded a positive answer this week, after my year-end 8th Nov. But the card expiry date hasn't updated yet so I'll wait for that before I do my victory dance (and I update the appropriate thread).
Old Nov 17, 2023, 7:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by TTmex
What were you doing on the border, CKBA?
I had a meeting in Chiang Rai - so Friday was the 'networking' day. Just beginning my 36 hour trip back to the US - in economy... oh, the joys (okay, I do get lounge access :-) ).
BA or bust, HIDDY, rapidex and 2 others like this.

Last edited by CKBA; Nov 17, 2023 at 8:22 pm
Old Nov 18, 2023, 10:44 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by JapesUK
Good luck with the inspection, Id hate to hear that you failed and had been grounded
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Don't forget to get rid of the empties!!
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
I still use a floor-based computer, a biggish printer and a decent sized screen for Internet browsing. The "study" is of modest, but adequate dimensions.
I have just had my Serious Telling off for all of the dust in here. So sympathy for BA or Bust.
Originally Posted by Nick_USA
This is where you schedule the cleaner to clean up before she arrives, yet tell SWMBO you slaved for hours
Thanks for all the good wishes and advice. I am pleased to report that I passed inspection. G&Ts shortly followed by an evening of chilling in front of the telly to follow.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Our lovely Lobito passed away earlier this week. It was a joy to have him as part of the family these last 13 years.

I'll miss his kisses.

So sorry to hear you lost your lovely looking little wolf Hiddy. Animals are so special. We are always sad when a fox no longer shows up.Luckily theres always the next generation coming to show their faces.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 3:47 pm

Deldel

Last edited by AmaaiZeg; May 8, 2024 at 10:04 am
Old Nov 23, 2023, 10:59 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Happy Friday everyone! Survived another week, and our Corp strategy did not get shot down

Currently sat in the CX lounge at Suvarnabhumi enjoying a glass of bubbles. Now that the delayed CX service to HK is boarding, the lounge has cleared out and is a peaceful sanctuary once again. Another hour to go before my MH flight to KL and onwards to PER - back on Sunday
HIDDY and JapesUK like this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 12:40 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Diamond, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Happy Friday! SKT-DK is that about ten hours to landing in PER for you?

Half a day of work then off to NCL for a later than usual departure for me, and weekend in Wroclaw. A slightly chillier weekend than the one SKT-DK will be enjoying
BA or bust, HIDDY and Nick_USA like this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 2:02 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Happy Friday everyone! Survived another week, and our Corp strategy did not get shot down

Currently sat in the CX lounge at Suvarnabhumi enjoying a glass of bubbles. Now that the delayed CX service to HK is boarding, the lounge has cleared out and is a peaceful sanctuary once again. Another hour to go before my MH flight to KL and onwards to PER - back on Sunday
Corporate strategy! Those were the days.
My little trick to avoid the shooting down used to be to ensure all the Board and the SMT saw it beforehand to winkle out any issues. There was of course always one or two people who wanted to 'show off' how clever they were on the presentation day, but if I had done my homework the impact was reduced (and the insurance policy was to make sure another Board member was lined up to stop the show off).
Old Nov 24, 2023, 3:38 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JapesUK
Happy Friday! SKT-DK is that about ten hours to landing in PER for you?

Half a day of work then off to NCL for a later than usual departure for me, and weekend in Wroclaw. A slightly chillier weekend than the one SKT-DK will be enjoying
Just arrived in KL, 45 mins late - so short time for dinner in the MH Plat lounge. Nice and quiet, only five pax here - though it is freezing cold as always!

Looks like the mother of all thunderstorms is about to hit, so thatll be fun - last time I took this flight we arrived at 3am :/

Corporate strategy! Those were the days.
My little trick to avoid the shooting down used to be to ensure all the Board and the SMT saw it beforehand to winkle out any issues. There was of course always one or two people who wanted to 'show off' how clever they were on the presentation day, but if I had done my homework the impact was reduced (and the insurance policy was to make sure another Board member was lined up to stop the show off).
Indeed that is the way! Lobby people first so all is done ahead of time
Old Nov 24, 2023, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Just arrived in KL, 45 mins late - so short time for dinner in the MH Plat lounge. Nice and quiet, only five pax here - though it is freezing cold as always!

Looks like the mother of all thunderstorms is about to hit, so thatll be fun - last time I took this flight we arrived at 3am :/

Indeed that is the way! Lobby people first so all is done ahead of time
Still hot in PER, Have a great weekend
SKT-DK and HIDDY like this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 4:03 am

Booked my return to BKK using avios on QR, thanks to HfP who tipped me the wink QR had released extra seats. So Q suites LHR-DOH and A380 DOH-BKK. Got my winter fuel payment today, so a good week in all. I can even afford to buy SKT-DK a couple of Vimto's when we next catch up
Old Nov 24, 2023, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by rapidex
Booked my return to BKK using avios on QR, thanks to HfP who tipped me the wink QR had released extra seats. So Q suites LHR-DOH and A380 DOH-BKK. Got my winter fuel payment today, so a good week in all. I can even afford to buy SKT-DK a couple of Vimto's when we next catch up

Ill let you know if I survive MHs brutal departure times to and from PER - 1:25am arrival and 2:25am departure back to KL (good luck turning around that A332 around in an hour!) :/

At least I negotiated a half-day rate for late checkout tmr

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.