FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1482343-ba-thank-goodness-its-friday-thread.html)

PETER01 Jul 5, 2013 4:02 am

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

I know folks always look forward to a Friday, finishing up for the weekend etc. and so I thought I would start a thread for a bit of light heartedness which is prevalant on this board on a Friday.

Whilst I appreciate not everyone works Mon-Fri feel free to post away if your 'Friday' is another day of the week.

Maybe you have been away on a long Business Trip and are returning home, you are flying out on holiday with BA, maybe you have something special planned, maybe you are just going to browse the BA Board as you haven't had a chance during the week?

Anything goes really but I'd ask for this to be kept as a bit of fun, no heated 'debates' (please!) and in general if folks could just post on a 'Friday'.

So I'll go first and feel free to use this format which is similar to other threads starting your posts with.

"Thank Goodness it's Friday because..........

[COMMENT] Thank Goodness it's Friday as I have 4 days off coming up and I am looking forward to seeing my son who has been away for a week. :) Looking for last minute BA redemption availability too! [/COMMENT]

Paralytic Jul 5, 2013 4:03 am

Nice thread :)

Thank goodness its Friday as I'm just about to finish work, start the drive down to London for a few days with family and then flying off with BA in CW next Tuesday for 2 weeks in Mauritius.

Happy days :D

0hnoes Jul 5, 2013 4:06 am

I wish I could say TGIF, unfortunately I'm working all night. London hours during the day...then waiting for the trading floor to clear in NYC then back to working again till the early hours.

I guess the upside is I'm not flying anywhere and won't have to endure this in a Y seat :D

Paralytic Jul 5, 2013 4:08 am

Originally Posted by 0hnoes (Post 21043698)
I wish I could say TGIF, unfortunately I'm working all night. London hours during the day...then waiting for the trading floor to clear in NYC then back to working again till the early hours.

I guess the upside is I'm not flying anywhere and won't have to endure this in a Y seat :D

You need to start a "OFIF" thread....

henkybaby Jul 5, 2013 4:09 am

TGIF started yesterday... :-)

30C and sunny here in the south of France. Will remain so for quite a few days. So not going anywhere but it's not BAd. The only downside is that the pool robot is on strike. :)

Frenske Jul 5, 2013 4:09 am

It is Pimm's time, the sun is out and since I live in Wimbledon I will watch the men's final on a big TV in our garden with friends and maybe fire the barbie up.

Disclamer: poster is in no way affiliated to Pimm's.

tuff Jul 5, 2013 4:18 am

Yes Fridays are good - I finish early and then (usually) head to T5 to fly out somewhere for the weekend.

However, this weekend is a bit of a novelty - we're actually at home in London and have no idea what to do!

V10 Jul 5, 2013 4:20 am

Thank goodness it's Friday because Mrs. V10 has cleared off to Germany (in CE no less) and left me to keep a grumpy teenage daughter and a gaggle of feline food monsters fed.

Oh, wait.

Can we have a thank goodness it's Sunday thread for when she gets back? ;)

Yahillwe Jul 5, 2013 4:24 am

Originally Posted by V10 (Post 21043743)
Thank goodness it's Friday because Mrs. V10 has cleared off to Germany (in CE no less) and left me to keep a grumpy teenage daughter and a gaggle of feline food monsters fed.

Oh, wait.

Can we have a thank goodness it's Sunday thread for when she gets back? ;)

Take the teenage daughter shopping, they love it..

Perimeter Road North Jul 5, 2013 4:30 am

TGIF

I am about to go off to have a tour round our 2 new aircraft thanks to my employer :D

johnnie69 Jul 5, 2013 4:31 am

TGIF as off to see 80's hair rock band Bon Jovi in Hyde Park tonight before a Lions breakast and a 4 day leisure trip to BUD (On BA of course ;))
Nice thread idea PETER01, sun is out so lots of positivity from where I am hope you're getting some sun north of the border :D

PETER01 Jul 5, 2013 4:31 am

Originally Posted by Paralytic (Post 21043690)
Nice thread :)

Thank goodness its Friday as I'm just about to finish work, start the drive down to London for a few days with family and then flying off with BA in CW next Tuesday for 2 weeks in Mauritius.

Happy days :D

Thanks! Oh Happy Days indeed Paralytic , I love Mauritius and I am very envious of your trip!

Phil the Flyer Jul 5, 2013 4:32 am

Originally Posted by PETER01 (Post 21043686)

"Thank Goodness it's Friday because..........

POETS (work that one out Yahillwe) ;)

PETER01 Jul 5, 2013 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Perimeter Road North (Post 21043771)
TGIF

I am about to go off to have a tour round our 2 new aircraft thanks to my employer :D

Remember the camera then ........:)

0hnoes Jul 5, 2013 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Paralytic (Post 21043703)
You need to start a "OFIF" thread....

Amen to that. Upside is working late usually involves an obscene amount of Dominos pizza being delivered to the office.