Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2023, 4:12 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Happy Friday...probably been shared many times on this forum, but I haven't seen it before.
BA or bust, HIDDY, catmndu and 5 others like this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 4:54 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
And to those complaining about old CW being narrow, I invite you to try this old lady 9M-MTW! Give me old CW any day!
HIDDY, alex67500 and JapesUK like this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

A new Argentine President was elected last Sunday and thankfully the voters chose the right one.He's a bit of a character but at least he's a qualified economist.

The weather's warming up here now so if anyone's heading down this way pack plenty shorts and T shirts.
BA or bust, SKT-DK, T8191 and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 8:50 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Happy Friday! Cold weekend ahead in London, with a chance of snow midweek apparently!
Safe travels.
HIDDY, rapidex and JapesUK like this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 9:48 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by alex67500
Happy Friday! Cold weekend ahead in London, with a chance of snow midweek apparently!
Safe travels.
We are trekking up from the countryside to Londinium (feels that long since we were last up there) next week. I’ll pack our snowshoes and survival kit just in case!
HIDDY, rapidex, crazy8534 and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 9:54 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Diamond, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Originally Posted by BA or bust
We are trekking up from the countryside to Londinium (feels that long since we were last up there) next week. Ill pack our snowshoes and survival kit just in case!
Up to Londinium? Does that make you a southerner, or directionally challenged like myself where I constantly refer to going up to Godalming from Newcastle Actually, if you need to pack the snowshoes Im guessing youre used to the mellow southern climes.
BA or bust, HIDDY and rapidex like this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 9:56 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
A new Argentine President was elected last Sunday and thankfully the voters chose the right one.He's a bit of a character but at least he's a qualified economist.

The weather's warming up here now so if anyone's heading down this way pack plenty shorts and T shirts.
Until he tries a repeat of 1982?
HIDDY, rapidex, JapesUK and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
It's a Friday sandwich here - between Thanksgiving and packing for a 2-week (work) trip to Germany. At least the weather there should be seasonal for the Christmas Markets!
Old Nov 24, 2023, 9:58 am

When I was down south a few weeks ago in MVD I was chatting to a chap who was the husband of a school friend, who is an Argentino. Not sure what exactly, but I think this chap was a retired politician. Anyway, he had invited Milei to lunch a few weeks earlier so that Milei could explain his policies to him (so must have some clout this chap).
Anyway, he said that Milei has (like most politicians) a public persona to attract the voter (so definitely a bit of a character) but his policies should be good for the country. Hope it works out, because Argentina is a country with enormous potential, but it has been so badly mismanaged for decades.

Last edited by BA or bust; Nov 24, 2023 at 10:44 am
Old Nov 24, 2023, 10:36 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Until he tries a repeat of 1982?
Rishi can't wait! It'll be his Maggie moment.
HIDDY, Geordie405, rapidex and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 10:46 am

Let’s not forget (and I hope that Milei and Rishi don’t) that hundreds of people died on both sides in the Falklands War.
HIDDY and Geordie405 like this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 1:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
Afternoon all, a bit late to the party this week, it appears.

Not much to report here. Plenty of work as always and finding a little bit of time to plan some things for trip in Europe in Jan. Also looking ahead to SA and Zambia trip in May and getting that ready. Just trying to lock in some hotels/safari options early, but leaning on family there to help with ideas.

This weekend will be mostly relaxed. Will probably go out hiking tomorrow in the mountains nearby. Need to burn off the calories from the bacon roll (English bacon just received today) with HP that I had for lunch.
BA or bust, SKT-DK, HIDDY and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 2:39 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco

A bit of a character?

Cheeky so and so wants to invade the Falklands - I don't think anyone has told him what happened the last time
JapesUK likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by JapesUK
Up to Londinium? Does that make you a southerner, or directionally challenged like myself where I constantly refer to going up to Godalming from Newcastle Actually, if you need to pack the snowshoes I’m guessing you’re used to the mellow southern climes.
Though technically a southerner, I have also been an expat for many years. Did live up in Londinium for quite a while, but now somewhere to the West of it. Climate is good here!

PS And yes I am directionally challenged, but managed to fix that in order to get my PPL. Jumping into a little plane and then getting lost is not a good idea!
JapesUK likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Nothing special yesterday but only 1 week to go before a BA F trip to Tokyo for a week

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.