Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2023, 12:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PETER01
I can't help either but i await reading their obatuary.

I'll get me coat.
Didn't see that one coming, nor did the bat.
PETER01 and crazy8534 like this.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 12:06 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC electrum
Originally Posted by PETER01
I'll get me coat.
Cape
Old Oct 13, 2023, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by BA or bust
Methinks as I grow older the attraction of long haul travel is waning it is increasingly tiring!
"
It is often said "It's not about the destination it's about the journey." I think this is bobbins. If you haven't done certain parts of the travel thing before, those *are* a destination. But if you find yourself repeatedly making the same journeys between the same places you aren't 'travelling' you are 'circulating'. I don't think it is likely anyone reading this has a home bed that is less comfortable than even the best F product. So if you aren't really 'travelling' it really is hard to see the appeal. There is a Quality -v- Novelty trade off. (and the physical limits of what an older frame can take for sure )
Old Oct 13, 2023, 10:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by DeathSlam
"
It is often said "It's not about the destination it's about the journey." I think this is bobbins. If you haven't done certain parts of the travel thing before, those *are* a destination. But if you find yourself repeatedly making the same journeys between the same places you aren't 'travelling' you are 'circulating'. I don't think it is likely anyone reading this has a home bed that is less comfortable than even the best F product. So if you aren't really 'travelling' it really is hard to see the appeal. There is a Quality -v- Novelty trade off. (and the physical limits of what an older frame can take for sure )
The view from your bedroom might look like this but mine certainly doesn't so i'll carry on circulating

HIDDY, PETER01, alex67500 and 6 others like this.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 11:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
On a Eurostar to Paris for the rugby, with half of Ireland it seems.

​​​​​I've been BA Gold again for two weeks now - as per other thread, wondering when I should be DYKWIAing with it.
HIDDY, PETER01 and JapesUK like this.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 8:51 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Late again for happy Friday. But nevertheless, greetings from Osaka Had a brilliant trip on CX here, everything by name and prioritised in a subtle way.

Have enjoyed a few nights at Conrad Osaka so far - great to be back!

HIDDY, PETER01, KARFA and 4 others like this.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
greetings from Osaka
Great pic. Perhaps they could make a flag out of it
(If I didn't still enjoy stuff like this, why am I still hanging around here...)
SKT-DK and TTmex like this.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 6:47 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Happy Friday all.

Following previous recent very quiet Fridays, I am thoroughly looking forward to a long haul with BA to an Indian Ocean island tomorrow.

I am hoping that I won't have similar feelings to BA or bust or HIDDY to long haul travel because even with a flat bed, things start to ache after 10 hours . Just hoping that LHR doesn't suffer from any weather delays this weekend.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Diamond, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Happy Friday! I always forget this thread it me age

Currently sat in OTP awaiting a very delayed plane and crossing all appendages that I can do the T3 T5 shuffle fast enough to hit my connection
HIDDY and TTmex like this.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 7:50 am

Happy Friday,

An exhausting week here in Krakow, but just about at the end of it. I'm half planning on doing some cultural stuff this weekend, but also tempted to take advantage of the relatively cheap massages available at the hotel and just chill out. In need of some downtime and will certainly be watching the rugby with a couple of beers, even if they are 0%.

Had a bizarre situation at KRK airport earlier this week. Avis efused to accept my credit cards from a major bank, claiming they believed them to be debit cards. Have rented cars with them multiple times in other places, but they wouldn't budge. Called BA holidays and without quibbling they refunded the car. I'll probably lose my double TPs, but no great drama.

Next Friday I'm heading to LHR for 2 nights and then on BA over to NY and AA to Mex.
HIDDY and JapesUK like this.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 7:55 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Hmmm may have to stream the rugby from the 787 - hoping BA's wifi holds up 🥂😅
BA or bust, HIDDY, TTmex and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Hmmm may have to stream the rugby from the 787 - hoping BA's wifi holds up 🥂😅
What's more likely - the wifi holding up or an England win?

Overly pessimistic?
HIDDY, Geordie405 and JapesUK like this.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 8:32 am

Just chilling this weekend, having booked my ticket home. BA SIN-LHR, first time on BA for well over a year. Using MH BKK-KUL-SIN. Sent young rapidex my QR code for my free Greggs sausage roll, thats 2 I've had from LNER. Auntie is rushing around on her zimmer frame so needs a little less assistance, but has become rather too comfortable.
SKT-DK, HIDDY, TTmex and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

A beautiful sunny 23c morning here. The time has come to elect another poor sod to become President of Argentina on Sunday. So having to put up with all the nonsense in the run up to that. Waiting to see what the outcome will be before booking anything to visit the UK.
BA or bust, TTmex and JapesUK like this.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
Dog sitting today on my UK stopover between FCO and BWI. Thankfully my FCO-LHR flight yesterday evening was fine despite the weather (and quite a good lot of turbulence en route). At least it has stopped raining here (Worcestershire), although lots of surface water around.
HIDDY, TTmex and JapesUK like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.