Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2023, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

After attending two asados last weekend I'm giving my stomach a rest this weekend.

BA or bust, catmndu, T8191 and 6 others like this.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
Happy Friday, all. It's early doors here and at the grindstone from the word go. Quite tired as I went tenpin bowling and for dinner, and it took ages - like 45 minutes to get an Uber - so got to bed an hour later than hoped.

I'm now hoping for a chilled weekend, which includes a visit to the Cirque de Soleil, as I'm heading East again on Monday MEX-JFK-LHR and will be in Europe for another few weeks. WAW and KRK await and have the better half in tow for a large chunk of the trip, which will make it a much nicer experience. Looking forward to seeing old friends in WAW.

I'm also planning what to do in Nov. There may be a short window of 10 days in which my workload drops substantially and I'm toying with either taking the car out for 10 days to the countryside and start scouting for a second property, or to head to the beach and get in 20 dives, including my rescue diver and advanced theory so I can prep for my PADI instructor plans next year. Good dilemma to have.

Enjoy the weekend
HIDDY, rapidex and JapesUK like this.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
The only exciting aspect was that Jersey Water finished their works a day early. This means our road/lane is open again, thus saving me a 10-minute diversion to get back to where I started!
BA or bust, HIDDY, rapidex and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 10:24 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Nothing planned this weekend. We saw The Church in concert last night at the Brooklyn Bowl here in Las Vegas. First time at the venue and it's nice - small and intimate - with a decent sound system. Concert was very good (and they played a lot of their classics such as Under the Milky Way) but lightly attended which was nice in a way as no jostling, queues for the bar or the loo. I did have a flashback to the 90s and being out in London or Newcastle as when I did pop to the loo there was a chap there with deodorants, aftershave, mouthwash, and handing out paper towels etc. Haven't seen that in decades. Well, not in the UK at least.

It's starting to cool down a little now here so we may get a chance to sit outside. It also means that the citrus fruit on our two citrus salad trees should start to ripen and we can figure of what's what.
BA or bust, HIDDY, TTmex and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 10:38 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rapidex
Back home in CEI. Great flights on QR, a quick night in the Novotel BKK and BKK-CEI on Thai Smile. Overall a fantastic use of avios, nice lounges and good food. Weather nice and sunny, 32 degrees is a bonus. Feet up no travel for a while now
Welcome back!!

I and my small team just finished 72hrs of crazy work that should have taken us three weeks - we made the deadline, and need a beer now!

Happy weekend! Off to Japan on Thursday!
HIDDY, rapidex, TTmex and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 11:45 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Glad it's looking like nice weather for the last BBQ of the year tomorrow. Then starting a marathon work schedule of 7 weeks with 7 BA return journeys, 4 trips to continental Europe, 2 to the USA, and one to the Maldives (which at least is holiday). Everything from ET to F. Only 8 days back in the UK between Sunday and December 3rd...
HIDDY and JapesUK like this.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Ah, Friday already - the first Friday (or any day) in five weeks that I haven't been on travel (or travelling). This week was Colorado, and even managed a hike on my last afternoon... .

Looking north from the path up to Green Mountain above Boulder - in the furthest distance is Wyoming, about 70 miles away.

While to the west, the Rockies: Apache Peak towards the left and Long's Peak to the right.
HIDDY, PETER01, catmndu and 4 others like this.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Diamond, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Originally Posted by CKBA
Sometimes you just have to quote a photo, that is truly stunning!
BA or bust and SKT-DK like this.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 3:47 am

Went to the Korean barbecue in Chiang Rai, had a great lunch. Auntie had a fall, now recovering with us. She is 80 something, so difficult for her by herself. Looking forward to the start of tomorrows trip report.
HIDDY, TTmex and JapesUK like this.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 3:53 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Diamond, Mucci des repas d'enfant

Too Early!

My day so far! Just arrived home, 17 hours before I’m out the door again today will be washing, drying, ironing and more domestics, all in a good cause. Tomorrow is back to Bucharest again, and again….
Old Oct 13, 2023, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by rapidex
Went to the Korean barbecue in Chiang Rai, had a great lunch. Auntie had a fall, now recovering with us. She is 80 something, so difficult for her by herself. Looking forward to the start of tomorrows trip report.
Sorry to hear. Hope she's feeling better soon.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 4:04 am

My own Friday greeting comes after a trip round the Wawsaw uprising museum. Fascinating stuff.
​​​​​
Have been enjoying catching up with old friends before heading down to Krakow tomorrow. Business trip also made more enjoyable by having the Mrs in tow.

Photo is a B24 Liberator hosted in the museum.

Old Oct 13, 2023, 4:11 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
No BA flights today, but a Eurostar later for some more rugby. Working from home with builders on-site so not the quietest or most productive day...
Old Oct 13, 2023, 6:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

My weekend started last night with the lads at the local pipe club meet. Amongst the gang is a doctor,musician and a lazy sod!!

Old Oct 13, 2023, 6:29 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Happy Friday from an overcast GRU. Arrived pretty much on time on BA247. Now hanging around for a few hours before my onward connection. Used the Banco Safra Lounge which is fine for a day pass including a very refreshing shower.

Methinks as I grow older the attraction of long haul travel is waning… it is increasingly tiring! No amount of smart lounges, lovely cabin crew and flat beds onboard beats the attraction of my bed at home sweet home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.