Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2023, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Panic stations in the US as the end of summer arrives (aka Labor Day weekend). Weather puts on an Autumnal touch with much cooler overnight temperatures (although still forecast to get up to a daytime high of 100F on Monday). Meanwhile, preparing for a 4-week September/October back-to-back travel spree starting at the end of next... (4 TATLs and a couple of US trans-continentals).

Terrible-quality phone-photo of the Washington Monument this morning - but it is 20 km away: slight tinges of yellow/red in those tree leaves.
HIDDY, Cw novice and TTmex like this.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 8:15 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Happy Friday everyone,

So a tale of 2 parts. Going out to DXB in J on a GUF'd BA Holiday quite annoyed plane was changed to old CW and given rubbish seats originally along with a 2 hour delay so missed breakfast at our excellent hotel; coming back a completely different story with great seats in the 789 mini cabin. Greeted by IFL by name throughout the flight, orders taken first, 'can I get you a champagne from our first class cabin Mr. Firstlight ? (same great service offered to Mrs Firstlight), excellent food, drink throughout and arrived 30 minutes early. How it should be on BA, only guilt is our on-time schedule was no doubt to the lack of short haul due to the ATC foul-up. Now waiting for the double tier points to arrive

Very very hot in Dubai but an excellent relaxing time, now back to the daily grind!

Old Sep 1, 2023, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Mrs Geordie405 and I are having a weekend relaxing at home having got back from our Madrid, Newcastle and London trip last Sunday. The trip was excellent and then it all went to hell in a hand basket.

The wife was in a car crash on her way to work on Monday. Some idiot made a left turn straight into her. Shes ok apart from some whiplash but were waiting to hear if the car is a a total write off.

I managed to work on Monday but have been off sick the rest of the week. Fortunately weve the Labor Day weekend ahead of us so Im hoping to be back to full health before Tuesday!

Next weekend sees the first of two consecutive mini TP runs from LAS - SFO - LAX - LAS with AS which will include a nice afternoon in the Qantas First lounge at LAX. Then weve a long weekend up in Fairbanks so we can partake in some beers on the Alaska Railroads Hoodoo ChooChoo beer train!
Old Sep 1, 2023, 11:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Sorry to hear that Geordie405, looks like a nasty collision, glad your wife is OK.
It's amazing how readily a modern car can become a write-off IME, lots of important bits designed to crumple and save the occupants but not the car!
Old Sep 1, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by crazy8534
It's amazing how readily a modern car can become a write-off IME, lots of important bits designed to crumple and save the occupants but not the car!
Exactly as you say.

One can be replaced, the other cannot. Modern car safety is an astonishing product of engineering, and while many of us, myself included, form attachments to shiny metal, I think it's important to remember the value of the squishy bits inside.

Said Mr Badger enjoying a lovely Friday with the irreplaceable Mrs B 🙂
Geordie405 and crazy8534 like this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 3:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Diamond, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Happy Friday everyone!

A quiet work day for me for once, and then early to bed ready for a silly o'clock start tomorrow morning back and forth to JFK across the weekend. One item to be ticked off the bucket list, will get a side trip to the TWA hotel.
TTmex likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 3:57 am

Mrs rapidex arrived in the week, we had dinner at the Crowne plaza T4 with young rapidex. A quiet weekend together, Sunday lunch at the Boat inn then down south for the wedding of my old Dan-air mates daughter. If I survive back to Thailand at the end of the month.
HIDDY, firstlight and JapesUK like this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 4:42 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Working today, but living vicariously through the pictures from Mrs firstlight (GGL) and the former miss firstlight (Gold) as they rampage through the CCR consuming ba175s and lpgs galore before their girls' weekend away. Million pound door agent didn't like the look of them as they are on an avios ET flight and had to check hard before letting them in!
HIDDY, hsmall and JapesUK like this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 5:33 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Yikes, it is already Friday! What happened to the other days?
Plan for the weekend is to help a friend's daughter figure out her career path and plan a trip for one of the long weekends in October

Originally Posted by rapidex
Mrs rapidex arrived in the week, we had dinner at the Crowne plaza T4 with young rapidex. A quiet weekend together, Sunday lunch at the Boat inn then down south for the wedding of my old Dan-air mates daughter. If I survive back to Thailand at the end of the month.
You better survive! I will have beers waiting for you when you get back
HIDDY and JapesUK like this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 6:50 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Yes yes yes it's Friday... last work meeting of the week due to start in 10 minutes!

Then if it's not too hot, parkrun in the morning, a wedding in the afternoon, then playing a Symphony I haven't played before, as part of an orchestra I haven't played with before on Sunday. It's busy when one isn't flying all of the time...
SKT-DK, HIDDY, TTmex and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 6:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Spotted this in the supermarket yesterday so I just had to buy some. That's my weekend sorted.

Old Sep 8, 2023, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
Early Friday here in Mexico City. Landed back on Wednesday from Madrid on Iberia. Was a treat to get a last minute substitution to the brand new a350 they just received, so it was a very pleasant 11 hours in the new next generation suite. Closed the door, watched a movie, did some work (for some reason the wifi was letting me access anything despite being on free messaging only). Got loads done and arrived pretty fresh.

​​​​​​Captain did briefly interrupt us in route to mention we were over Manhattan. Photo attached.

Not looking forward to today, a 12 hour work fest awaits. At least my home is my office!

Happy Friday

Old Sep 8, 2023, 7:05 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Pretty hot in the English countryside today. Bad news is SWMBO is not too well in this heat, so I am acting in my best caring capacity, supplying cool drinks. Good news is she does not have the energy or interest to allocate me any jobs. So looking like a fairly relaxed weekend, just doing admin for forthcoming trips over the next few months, ESTA applications, hotel and airport parking etc.

Have a good weekend wherever you all are!
SKT-DK, HIDDY, rapidex and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 7:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BA or bust
Pretty hot in the English countryside today. Bad news is SWMBO is not too well in this heat,
Hope she feels better soon.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 10:46 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Hope she feels better soon.
Thanks HIDDY, I am down your way next month (in MVD) I shall drink to your health from across the river.
HIDDY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.