Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2023, 9:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
To join the discussion - takeoff song definitely is "Hey Boys, Hey Girls" by the Chemical Brothers... Hereeeeee we go....

To the Friday theme, well I've come to the realisation I really need a new passport quickly, so reluctantly I've shelled out for a trip over to London in early June and will be there for 12 days. I'm not best pleased about another trip, but needs must. Silver lining is that it will take me just shy of 2500 GUF, which will be a nice thing to earn. Randomly checked the seat map yesterday and only 4 seats reserved on whole plane and flight in 3 weeks time. Nuts. It's normally fairly packed out by now.
Old May 12, 2023, 9:48 am

Programs: BA blue, very lapsed Delta
Happy Friday everyone,
We had a very pleasant PMI-LCY flight today, although the landing at City airport always makes me a little bit queasy. But so worth it for the quick luggage collection and exit!

I hadn't been in Palma for quite a few years and had forgotten what a maze its airport is.
Old May 19, 2023, 8:03 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Happy Friday, this week working in the lovely town of Bled, Slovenia - flying on easyjet, the link to BA being the same size hand luggage limits (phew).

PETER01, KARFA, crazy8534 and 2 others like this.
Old May 19, 2023, 8:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
That photo makes me jealous. I wish I was there not here.

Happy Friday and one and all. I'm glad this week is over. It's been a stinker on the business front but that's just the normal rough and tumble of the world we work in. I'm glad it's over and hope that next week brings better news. I suspect there will be a couple of months of ebbs and flows before things become clearer. It's weeks like this when I wish I hadn't pledged to not drink through all of 2023. I will persist, however!

Just a couple of weeks out from my fleeting UK trip (3-15 June - fleeting by my standards). Got a premium online passport appointment booked in London and will get to see my parents for a week, so happy days on that front. Once my passport is in the bank then got to organise a trip up to Boston and maybe New York. Let's see.

Still lots of work to do today, but hopefully time for a cold 0% beer before bed.

Abrazos a todos
HIDDY and PETER01 like this.
Old May 19, 2023, 8:33 am

Programs: BA bucket and spade Gold
After lunch, a few glasses of champagne and a little nap (definitely no shoes on the sofa!) Mr Jeffek and I have moved to an almost deserted F lounge in T3 to wait for our flight to Oslo - step 1 in our Seychelles trip originally booked for 2020. Would have loved to rebook with BA Holidays to get the tier points but the ex-UK flight costs made it difficult to justify.

It has just occurred to me that the possible reason the lounge is so quiet is because despite our shiny bucket-and-spade gold cards we were initially told go to the business lounge behind you. Without the knowledge Ive gained from the expert FT-ers here, I just might have gone 😱
HIDDY, PETER01, firstlight and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Jeffek; May 19, 2023 at 8:34 am Reason: Typo
Old May 19, 2023, 9:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
Revving up for a trip to Greece (from US) tomorrow as part of my 'year of being xx' (where xx='old') - also reliving Mrs CKBAs Greek island-hopping saga some 4 decades ago! This time doing it in a bit more style having snagged a reasonable CW/CE deal, and staying in hotels (rather than on the quay-sides). Photos in due course!
HIDDY, PETER01, Geordie405 and 2 others like this.
Old May 19, 2023, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Bloody Friday means we have to leave Crete (Rethymno) tomorrow. Three hours at our very local Taverna (Minares) being plied with extra free wine and copious free Raki means I can barely type. Mine host, Dymitros, is a star! Yes, I know, I could have said NO but it would have seemed rude. Dammit, we will have to return later this year, and my liver can sort it out somehow.
SKT-DK, HIDDY, PETER01 and 6 others like this.

Last edited by T8191; May 19, 2023 at 11:17 am Reason: typongs, obvs.
Old May 19, 2023, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Friday hasn't got off to the best of starts. The dog decided to pee all over the bedroom carpet at 6 am this morning so that was a rude awakening. She's currently sulking on the sofa, giving me the evil eye. Things can only get better (one hopes). Weekend plans involve having our neighbours around tomorrow and putting a nice tri-tip on the grill. Weather is meant to be a pleasant 33C / 92F so might even get to sit outside a little in this boorish and uncivilised city called Las Vegas
HIDDY, PETER01, T8191 and 3 others like this.
Old May 19, 2023, 3:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm celebrating with a beer. Doctor Maria gave the MRI scan of my brain the all clear after a recent health scare.
To keep it on topic. Those are BA F trousers I'm wearing. 😁

Old May 19, 2023, 10:37 pm

Just finished booking domestic flights (Thailand) for young miss rapidex and her boyfriend who are coming next month as her university has broken up for the summer. They are flying out QR thanks to the avios from our household account.
SKT-DK, HIDDY, PETER01 and 2 others like this.
Old May 20, 2023, 12:38 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Happy belated Friday! What a week I finally got to sleep last night, for what feels like the first time since last week. A whirlwind tour of Europe, made better by some lovely BA crews - four BA flights in two days as a side trip, two of which had the same crew. They were all truly a reminder of why we all choose to fly BA!

Was not so much fun arriving into BKK on AY at 5:25am mid-week and having to go to the office for a client meeting though!
HIDDY likes this.
Old May 20, 2023, 1:43 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by firstlight
Happy Friday, this week working in the lovely town of Bled, Slovenia - flying on easyjet, the link to BA being the same size hand luggage limits (phew).

postscript, my hold luggage was the very first to arrive on the carousel at LGW, good to see easyjet luggage handlers recognising the attached GGL tag 😀
BA or bust, SKT-DK and rapidex like this.
Old May 26, 2023, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Friday ... YAY. Accounts done, the sun is shiny, and my latest TR is Published [unsubtle plug]. Now on to associated admin and planning for more holidays!

CHQ-ing in to Rethymno
SKT-DK, HIDDY, PETER01 and 3 others like this.
Old May 26, 2023, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
It's the Memorial Day weekend here in the USA so my wife and I are having a little trip: AS from LAS to LAX tonight, Amtrak's Coast Starlight from Los Angeles to Emeryville tomorrow, flying back with AS from SFO on Sunday, and then relaxing by a friend's pool on Monday. It's a tough life
BA or bust, HIDDY, PETER01 and 4 others like this.
Old May 26, 2023, 10:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

I never thought this thread would still be going nearly 10 years later but I still enjoy it, reading about folks 'Fridays' and of course BA travels/photos etc!

I do enjoy your Trip Reports T8191, some nice light reading for me later. They're all great but I did especially enjoy your South Africa one's which ive read numerous times I've never been there but it's on my ticklist.

Anyhow, a quiet Friday for me but I'm into walking/light power walking just now so I'm away soon to enjoy my 15,000 steps!

Happy Weekend folks, the sun is going to be a shining apparently

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.